Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Consumable Upgrade Store

9 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,195 posts
7,604 battles

I personally enjoy the SC modules (with a couple exceptions) despite many other people moaning about it like they were dying of the Black Death. The problem is of course their rarity and the inability to choose which ones you want. Are there any plans underway to add a way to purchase them normally, or through another event like the Clash of the Elements?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles

The best way to alleviate this, I think, would be to remove modules from containers completely and replace them with a Consumable Coin that can be used to collect one of your choice.

In this way you don't get a "booby prize", which is where most of the outrage comes from as several modules are not very useful.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 5

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,853 battles
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

The best way to alleviate this, I think, would be to remove modules from containers completely and replace them with a Consumable Coin that can be used to collect one of your choice.

In this way you don't get a "booby prize", which is where most of the outrage comes from as several modules are not very useful.

That's actually a good idea...

[NGA-B]
Members
1,195 posts
7,604 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

That sounds like a reasonable start. You possibly have varying amounts of coins with each upgrade having a different price.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
5 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

That is a GREAT idea! too bad chances are it'll never happen.

Members
606 posts
5,419 battles

This is actually a great idea, just add into the store flags (25/50) packs premium time and camouflages, which will be available for purchasing with these special coins, and it would be amazing idea. Not the crap we have now.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles

WG can also use the purchase data to track which modules are unpopular and therefor may need improvements. Ideally all special modules should be (roughly) equally valuable.

Of course, it's a good idea, so WG will never implement it, and instead either ignore the issue entirely (most likely) or come up with a more complicated, less satisfying fix.

Heck they could just make them purchasable with doubloons, but while that does simplify the economy, it also starts creeping into pay-to-win territory.

Edited by AraAragami

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,514 battles
26 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

This. I have five spotting aircraft upgrades (which I never, ever use) and still haven't gotten a hydro or radar upgrade (which would be super helpful)

Sign in to follow this