Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Why I don't play my Des Moines...

36 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, SweetRollThief said:

That has not been my experience.

bounce the AP and torp him. GG EZ

I haven't had much trouble dodging the torps, but yeah that's basically the one Hindy hope.  Get 2-3 torps in.  

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,331 posts
10,488 battles
12 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

Tears of the desert

mountain range

ocean

islands of ice

If WG ever creates high tier maps with better cover the DM will be fun. Right now there is just no way i would pick it over the other tier 10 cruisers.

While I agree that new, better maps with more cover need to be injected into the game I don't think it's an entirely difficult ship to use well on any of those maps.  Lots of luck involved, of course.

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles

Biggest problem is bitter experience has left me with no faith in my ability to use the ship. Videos and annecdotal evidence can preach otherwise until the cows or goldfish come home, for all the good it will likely do...

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Biggest problem is bitter experience has left me with no faith in my ability to use the ship. Videos and annecdotal evidence can preach otherwise until the cows or goldfish come home, for all the good it will likely do...

Watch Flamus videos, play some games, watch them again. As you get better the videos will make more sense and you can figure out where you're making your mistakes and correct them.

Game sense and practice practice practice.

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,758 battles

Well...DANG IT!!!! Was just getting ready to pull the pin and purchase mine and now you go a make this thread....

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, Judge_Doom said:

Well...DANG IT!!!! Was just getting ready to pull the pin and purchase mine and now you go a make this thread....

It's one of the most fun ships in the game and it carries extremely hard.  If you went through the pain if New Orleans and Baltimore then you owe yourself the Des Moines.

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

I play my Des Monies quite aggressive, the reason why i take rudder mod over concealment i prefer to be mobile in my DM rather than stationary at an island, that being said i play in divisions, normally with smoke so i have a fallback if it all goes pear shaped.

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
1 minute ago, Judge_Doom said:

Don't worry about it... I am me, and you are you... If you've never played it before you'll probably do better than me. Got mine way before I should have, and because of the self-inflicted wounds which resulted from doing so, I've poisoned myself with negative bias against Des Moines.

3 minutes ago, Grizley said:

It's one of the most fun ships in the game and it carries extremely hard.  If you went through the pain if New Orleans and Baltimore then you owe yourself the Des Moines.

This^^^

Don't let my kvetching stop you. My negativity about Des Moines stems from my answer above.

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,576 battles

Sometimes you just can't get a ship to work. Nothing wrong with that. It may be that it doesn't fit your playstyle. You really only have two choices: keep trying or just let it go. People love Warspite and swear it is great, but I can't make the ship work and it is no longer fun trying. I've learned to just let it go. I still try a game or two on her now and then when I have the patience for it, but other than that I admire her from port. 

Sign in to follow this