Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
psycho_god

Weekend Event

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
104 posts
1,936 battles

I've been trying to decide how to word this post for a little while. And frankly deciding whether to post it at all. For this weekend WG set themselves up for the perfect touchdown.  They had the much asked for and highly sought after discount on high their ships. And even giving a super container for every tier 10, along with the x3 weekend.

So now they created the desire and sence of urgency to finish up the grind. We have the x3 to knock out as much as possible. Then the increased conversion rate. People are ready to drop money to get those lines finished. And get the discounted purchase and reward.

But then out of no where, they fumble the ball. Only offering the conversion on elite commander exp not all elite exp. They almost had the perfect storm to where people would be begging WG to take their money and both sides be happy with the outcome.

Guess we all can't get what we want. WG did a good job with the event other than that. The chests could have been the better ones we have received in the past. But they have to make money, they are a business after all. The only thing that really got me was the conversion.  I feel like it was a major opportunity for consumer and business to be mutually happy.

With all that being said, Thank you WG for the game and the event. And I look forward to future events. Just my 2 cents.

• Cool 1

Members
1,015 posts
12,898 battles

Yep...We all thought it was going to be a grand slam home run but we watched as the ball went foul. Typical WoWS bad luck??? or is the luck of their own making???

Members
606 posts
5,419 battles
17 minutes ago, psycho_god said:

So now they created the desire and sence of urgency to finish up the grind. We have the x3 to knock out as much as possible. Then the increased conversion rate. People are ready to drop money to get those lines finished. And get the discounted purchase and reward

dont even bother with finishing the grind, you will get only "not very usefull" special mods.

[DARTH]
Alpha Tester
117 posts
8,908 battles

Well said, psycho_god  I'm already tired of the [edited], too much to do about nothing.

[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts

They had the ship xp conversion discount not long ago. I dont remember the last time they had an elite commander xp discount so it was due. I'm sure the players with a lot of elite commander xp to convert are happy which does make sense as the anniversary is always targeted most at the veteran players.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
83 posts
3,082 battles

The thing that many people on these forums seem to be missing is that the other major servers are all having Free XP conversion sales right now. NA is the only server getting the "Elite XP" conversion sale. The news from the other servers combined with the not very clear wording of the event calendar has left a lot of NA players feeling completely cheated right now.

WG has been having quite a lot of issues lately with inter-region communication and here is yet another example. Players went out and spent real money to buy doubloons in hopes of either skipping a tech tree grind or maybe getting a new shiny Nelson or Missouri, and they log in today to find that we have a nearly useless "Elite XP" sale that I would wager most players couldn't even take advantage of.

I want to enjoy this game. There really isn't anything else out there like it for fans of big gun naval combat. But WG keeps making moves like these that make me question where or not I want to continue spending time or money on this game. The SirFoch incident, the Graf Zepplin debacle, the iChase debacle and now this. Will it even end?

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,194 battles

It wouldn't have been so bad if WG had at least assigned someone to proofread their event announcement.  The disappointment of the conversion special applying only to Commander Elite XP would have been minor, if it had been made clear to all from the beginning. 

[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts
22 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

It wouldn't have been so bad if WG had at least assigned someone to proofread their event announcement.  The disappointment of the conversion special applying only to Commander Elite XP would have been minor, if it had been made clear to all from the beginning. 

It's not a mistake in proofreading it just might be clearer if it said elite commander xp. In game they only call xp on ships "ship xp". They dont put elite in front of it. We also just had the ship xp conversion discount right before the Nelson was released which was very recent.

Edited by RipNuN2

Sign in to follow this