Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SteffisCute

sub forum for GZ testing

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

105
[WOLF3]
Members
377 posts
3,997 battles

I think we need a special sub forum for the GZ during her testing period. This sub forum can go away once the testing is over. That way we can separate all of the "GZ STINKS EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T PLAY HER" type messages from the real testing being done from those of us who are making the effort and taking the time to help WG with her testing.

 

I actually think it should be LOCKED to ONLY people with the GZ TBH but i know that is too much to ask for.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
9 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

I think we need a special sub forum for the GZ during her testing period. This sub forum can go away once the testing is over. That way we can separate all of the "GZ STINKS EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T PLAY HER" type messages from the real testing being done from those of us who are making the effort and taking the time to help WG with her testing.

 

I actually think it should be LOCKED to ONLY people with the GZ TBH but i know that is too much to ask for.

 

You never know man reword this to be less rage-filled whinny in tone and calmly suggest it to @Pigeon_of_War or @NikoPower i for one agree with your idea (I have no Graf myself but the principle is agreeable) there should be a separate forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
19 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

You never know man reword this to be less rage-filled whinny in tone and calmly suggest it to @Pigeon_of_War or @NikoPower i for one agree with your idea (I have no Graf myself but the principle is agreeable) there should be a separate forum.

Or a subforum for Ze German Aircraft Carrier, quite simply. There are enough topics on the subject.

(edit : messaged them, requesting a Trash Panda Carriertm subforum.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
1,887 battles

every time I see this CV and I'm in a BB I just exit to port theres not point in playing because its just oing to Die bomb me from full hp to no HP with 2 squads.... its just another premium that caters to people who cannot learn how to be effective so they just drop ridiculously OP bombs from planes that seemingly have 0 chance to miss. WG should just remove AP bombers from the game entirely if a single squad and half health a same tier BB with little to no effort or skill required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
6 hours ago, Myrenous said:

every time I see this CV and I'm in a BB I just exit to port theres not point in playing because its just oing to Die bomb me from full hp to no HP with 2 squads.... its just another premium that caters to people who cannot learn how to be effective so they just drop ridiculously OP bombs from planes that seemingly have 0 chance to miss. WG should just remove AP bombers from the game entirely if a single squad and half health a same tier BB with little to no effort or skill required.

For posterity. 

Thankyou for admitting you deliberately throw the game for your team mates. Exiting to port and leaving your team 1 member down has a far worse effect on match results than any choice of ship will do. It is not only testimony to your ignorance of fairplay, but also ignorance of the ship you so fear.

But it is also funny, because only a month ago, when I played my GZ vanilla release (Aug 17), one or two of my own team mates would rage quit the match at the start, not because GZ was OP, but because they believed it was terrible. Either way, ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

For posterity. 

Thankyou for admitting you deliberately throw the game for your team mates. Exiting to port and leaving your team 1 member down has a far worse effect on match results than any choice of ship will do. It is not only testimony to your ignorance of fairplay, but also ignorance of the ship you so fear.

But it is also funny, because only a month ago, when I played my GZ vanilla release (Aug 17), one or two of my own team mates would rage quit the match at the start, not because GZ was OP, but because they believed it was terrible. Either way, ..

I've noticed that. Brightside, gave a guy a crappy first win of the day in his Colorado cause he did zip lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

I haven't been able to do much testing on this round of GZ testing yet. I have concerns playing the strike in particular, because IMHO crap fighters are better then no fighters regardless of how much alpha you have. I have a tendency to run into 55% WR+ cvs players a lot, so I see a lot of low damage and losing games in my future once I try out that variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
39 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I haven't been able to do much testing on this round of GZ testing yet. I have concerns playing the strike in particular, because IMHO crap fighters are better then no fighters regardless of how much alpha you have. I have a tendency to run into 55% WR+ cvs players a lot, so I see a lot of low damage and losing games in my future once I try out that variant.

I have a few tips for the strike version in random battles : 

  • take the HE diverbombers because they are great self defence against dds, at all tiers, while they do good alpha damage to battleships, excellent fire damage to everyone.
  • use the divebombers as scouts, striking opportunistically, baiting enemy fighters to create windows of opportunity for your torpedo bombers (which have superb alpha damage)
  • the lack of fighters will be more than compensated by the total dmg you inflict in he first minutes of a game, take off time at the start is lightening fast for GZ, hit fast, hit hard.
  • 3 x DWT squadrons & 2 x DBs circling an enemy battlegroup terrifies the reds, great psyops
  • rethink captain skills (use the free reset), especially those that only cost one point ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I have a few tips for the strike version in random battles : 

  • take the HE diverbombers because they are great self defence against dds, at all tiers, while they do good alpha damage to battleships, excellent fire damage to everyone.
  • use the divebombers as scouts, striking opportunistically, baiting enemy fighters to create windows of opportunity for your torpedo bombers (which have superb alpha damage)
  • the lack of fighters will be more than compensated by the total dmg you inflict in he first minutes of a game, take off time at the start is lightening fast for GZ, hit fast, hit hard.
  • 3 x DWT squadrons & 2 x DBs circling an enemy battlegroup terrifies the reds, great psyops
  • rethink captain skills (use the free reset), especially those that only cost one point ;)

 

started it running shortly after this post. Just been cv sniping with its high Alpha, even with DF activated the poor opposing cvs wasn't able to prevent it.

Since I run secondary build on the GZ instead of the traditional CV builds, I've found launching airstrikes on bbs just beyond your conceal is viable then following up with Secondaries. I dislike how the DWT can't hit CA's anymore, forcing me to finish them off entirely with secondaries, when I rather have soften them up first.

Lack of the speedy fighters is a let down for me, I'm used to early spotting and some ability to contest the air.

Hope this variant doesn't go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×