You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelShark77

Resupply

13 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
4,844 battles

was wondering why you get charged credits to fix you ship after a battle you survive???? i understand if it sunk but.....makes no sense to me.

Beta Testers
468 posts
6,346 battles

Unfortunately that's the way it works.  I agree, unless you use part or all of a stack then you shouldn't get charged.  If you don't use any you shouldn't have to rebuy whats already there.  The only thing I think should be auto use is if WoWS comes up with "Food" like World of Tanks.  Food is consumed by the crew during the game and provides a buff.  Much like flags do now.

**Edit: Sorry reading is overrated.  You get charged to fix your ship is normal.  If you aren't damaged then you pay for the resupply of your consumables

Edited by Siegewolf

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

It's basically standardized.  You pay a standard amount for the ship resupply/repair regardless of damage, so that people don't avoid combat and scratching the paint because of costs.  (Or at least that's what was told the last time I saw this thread topic.)

The only variable is if you have premium consumables.  Those do cost.   Some resupply-able camos cost as well.

Edited by mavfin87

[CAST]
Members
1,155 posts
7,152 battles

It used to be that you paid for damage done to your ship.  It created a problem because players would camp in the back not wanting to damage their ship.  They would let others go forward and take the heat.  So, they made it that it is a single repair cost for everyone based on the ship they are in and not based on damage received. 

[OTG]
Members
111 posts
6,835 battles

From WG itself via patch 0.5.12:We've implemented a new system for calculating the cost of a match per battle.

"The main chunk of this expense was the cost of repairing the player’s ships, and this value would excessively increase with each tier. Due to this, we noticed that in the higher tiers, and especially at tier X, players were overly cautious, which negatively affected gameplay. Even if a player performed well, the sinking of their ship would lead to a large repair bill, often times negating any profit earned from the battle. To rectify the situation, we decided to make the following changes:

- The ship-repair fee has been completely replaced with a fixed service charge, meaning the cost will not be dependent on how much damage the player's ship received in battle.
- Reduced the cost of replenishing ammunition and aircraft for a number of vessels, and the higher the tier, the greater the reduction.
- By reducing these costs, we aim to encourage players to be more aggressive and take appropriate risks, ensuring that they are properly rewarded -- for example, the change will reduce the average post-battle costs of a tier X ship by 50,000 Credits, and will reduce the chance of losing Credits when in possession of a Premium Account."

In making these changes, we want players to concentrate on the gameplay and on having fun, not on playing a specific way in order to "balance the books."

Edited by BartMancuso
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

Best way to understand it is to consider it a rental fee for your ship. It's the cost to rent your ship to take it out for the battle.

Beta Testers
468 posts
6,346 battles
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Best way to understand it is to consider it a rental fee for your ship. It's the cost to rent your ship to take it out for the battle.

Oooo,

So lets convince WoWS to add a new consumable called "rental insurance", if your ship dies in the game press the insurance consumable and "poof" new ship in game.

Just kidding

No really WG I'm just kidding...

Ah crap why did I say that :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
13 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Oooo,

So lets convince WoWS to add a new consumable called "rental insurance", if your ship dies in the game press the insurance consumable and "poof" new ship in game.

Just kidding

:Smile_teethhappy:

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
38 minutes ago, BartMancuso said:

From WG itself via patch 0.5.12:We've implemented a new system for calculating the cost of a match per battle.

"The main chunk of this expense was the cost of repairing the player’s ships, and this value would excessively increase with each tier. Due to this, we noticed that in the higher tiers, and especially at tier X, players were overly cautious, which negatively affected gameplay. Even if a player performed well, the sinking of their ship would lead to a large repair bill, often times negating any profit earned from the battle. To rectify the situation, we decided to make the following changes:

- The ship-repair fee has been completely replaced with a fixed service charge, meaning the cost will not be dependent on how much damage the player's ship received in battle.
- Reduced the cost of replenishing ammunition and aircraft for a number of vessels, and the higher the tier, the greater the reduction.
- By reducing these costs, we aim to encourage players to be more aggressive and take appropriate risks, ensuring that they are properly rewarded -- for example, the change will reduce the average post-battle costs of a tier X ship by 50,000 Credits, and will reduce the chance of losing Credits when in possession of a Premium Account."

In making these changes, we want players to concentrate on the gameplay and on having fun, not on playing a specific way in order to "balance the books."

Thought at one point they augmented this with cheaper repair bills if you got damaged.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
4,284 battles

Ship costs helluva lot more to run than Tanks or Planes...hundreds if not thousands of crews, provisions, fuel...

...and to think that repair bill actually existed...

[POTW]
Members
2 posts
4,715 battles
On 9/15/2017 at 8:56 AM, BartMancuso said:

This needs to change......

[POTW]
Members
2 posts
4,715 battles
On 9/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, Siegewolf said:

Oooo,

Just kidding

No we are screwed