CrazyHorse_Denver

Considering they had a whole year to work on it...

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

28 posts in this topic

The problems with the WoWS Anniversary giveaways certainly is a head scratcher. Unless they didn't start working on them until a month ago. In any case if this wasn't a computer gaming company(and being of no real importance) from what I've seen I sure wouldn't be doing any other kind of business with this company. Basic programing errors, turning out products before proper research, and lets not over look the marketing public relations disasters where large parts of the company's consumers rise up in protest(Alabama, GZ).

Let's not live in the past but rather look at today. One mission in Coop(not 2) in the Montana gets me a SC. Two wins in the G.Kurfurst get's me nothing. Basic confusion over what is Elite XP leaves a bad bait and switch taste in peoples' mouths as they buy doubloons only to find they can't use them the way they wanted. It also seems from reading the forum this morning that many besides myself have not "yet" gotten the promised flags for battles fought.

Once again none of this is really a big deal except for the fact that they've had a year to work on it. It is good that these people are running a computer game because from what I've seen if they tried to do anything else in the real world they'd fall flat on their faces.

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver
grammar

I have every tier 10.

From what I can deduce, the Kurfurst is broken in the rewards and is not giving out a SC like it should. All other Tier 10s did give out their "super" container as they should (if you can call getting 25 flags and 50 camos super now).

I agree with the Elite EXP thing. I had ~300k saved up ready to go... and now it is still sitting there.

Yup... more you dig the dirtier it gets. I played 3 matches (2 rand 1 coop) in my GK and got no supercontainer. Played a match in gearing, lost, got a sc.with a frickin' AA module. Whoop De Doo.... they do know most of us don't want or use those, right? And... since it is their anniversary - you'd think it might contain something a bit more special? No flags received for number of missions played... yack. Still striving to remain on the positive side of things though. 

4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup... more you dig the dirtier it gets. I played 3 matches (2 rand 1 coop) in my GK and got no supercontainer. Played a match in gearing, lost, got a sc.with a frickin' AA module. Whoop De Doo.... they do know most of us don't want or use those, right? And... since it is their anniversary - you'd think it might contain something a bit more special? No flags received for number of missions played... yack. Still striving to remain on the positive side of things though. 

This....and it is no better buying the event containers.

I wont likely ever purchase those event containers. Heck  I probably won't buy gifts this Christmas either - if they offer them again. I'm kind of tight with my money... I squeak when I walk. 

Like your JW and KD quotes. 

12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No flags received for number of missions played

You got ten of each special flags for thousand battles played though. That's pretty great in my book. 

9 minutes ago, vak_ said:

You got ten of each special flags for thousand battles played though. That's pretty great in my book. 

Played a bunch of battles, still no flags

Also no SC from 2 GK battles

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

1 minute ago, vak_ said:

It would have been great if they had been delivered as promised but since some of us are still waiting for them it's been an anticlimactic event. As a company in business to make money WoWS needs to realize that unless you're running a computer game(it would seem) not delivering products on time working as promised will hurt the bottom line..

So it's not just me with the flags?  Maybe they have to be credited manually, and thus the crediting will take some time (?)

Oil drums with 50 valentine day camo's. :cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Two out of three received... can't wait till they fix the reward for the GK... wonder why she didn't get tested for SC? 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

14 minutes ago, vak_ said:

No no... I understand it's a great gift - but I have not received them. They aren't there. No notice of them other than congrats you got them - but I didn't. Did you? 

7 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

So it's not just me with the flags?  Maybe they have to be credited manually, and thus the crediting will take some time (?)

No... can you imagine doing that manually? Wow... what a pita.

Other thing I wish WG would put at the very top of their list is awarding free premium time, stuffing it into our "inventory" and letting us activate when we can use it. 

Give it a maximum of 30 days shelf life. On day 31 (based on the awarded date/time) it goes away. You have to use it within 30 days - BUT - you get to activate it and in chunks of 24 hours. 

I'd really like that made a super priority. 

42 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Once again none of this is really a big deal except for the fact that they've had a year to work on it. It is good that these people are running a computer game because from what I've seen if they tried to do anything else in the real world they'd fall flat on their faces.

You mean like the US government?

1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No... can you imagine doing that manually? Wow... what a pita.

Other thing I wish WG would put at the very top of their list is awarding free premium time, stuffing it into our "inventory" and letting us activate when we can use it. 

Give it a maximum of 30 days shelf life. On day 31 (based on the awarded date/time) it goes away. You have to use it within 30 days - BUT - you get to activate it and in chunks of 24 hours. 

I'd really like that made a super priority. 

My memory is hazy, but I almost seem to recall that last year saw the same issue with the dragon flags - i.e., they did have to be credited manually, because they were tied to total number of battles in some way the programming couldn't handle, which crediting took a week or so.  Which is fine; one only wishes it had been communicated in advance.  (Although the lack of a supercontainer for GK battles does seem to be a legit bug.)

Now, I wonder what happens if I rush out 55 more battles to get to 5000 before they get around to crediting...

46 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

The problems with the WoWS Anniversary giveaways certainly is a head scratcher. Unless they didn't start working on them until a month ago. In any case if this wasn't a computer gaming company(and being of no real importance) from what I've seen I sure wouldn't be doing any other kind of business with this company. Basic programing errors, turning out products before proper research, and lets not over look the marketing public relations disasters where large parts of the company's consumers rise up in protest(Alabama, GZ).

Let's not live in the past but rather look at today. One mission in Coop(not 2) in the Montana gets me a SC. Two wins in the G.Kurfurst get's me nothing. Basic confusion over what is Elite XP leaves a bad bait and switch taste in peoples' mouths as they buy doubloons only to find they can't use them the way they wanted. It also seems from reading the forum this morning that many besides myself have not "yet" gotten the promised flags for battles fought.

Didn't get a super container for my GK game. Typical. Hyped something and left us with disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If it's a day of premium you should be able to activate it when you want to. It should be the same with a weeks worth but all 7 days should activate at once you should not be able to use them one at a time. You should be able to activate it at the increment it was awarded but at a time of your own choosing.

1 minute ago, HeathenForay said:

Didn't get a super container for my GK game. Typical. Hyped something and left us with disappointment.

It seems to be a problem with only GK the disappointment is your own, have patience and it will be remedied I am sure.

6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You mean like the US government?

Alternative history...What if Donald Trump was head of WoWS??? It's hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job than the current administrators but then everyone under estimates the Donald.:Smile_teethhappy:

give me your money thats all the cares about

Edited by TaftMan_69

Just now, TaftMan_69 said:

give me your money thats all the cars about

15 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

My memory is hazy, but I almost seem to recall that last year saw the same issue with the dragon flags - i.e., they did have to be credited manually, because they were tied to total number of battles in some way the programming couldn't handle, which crediting took a week or so.  Which is fine; one only wishes it had been communicated in advance.  (Although the lack of a supercontainer for GK battles does seem to be a legit bug.)

Now, I wonder what happens if I rush out 55 more battles to get to 5000 before they get around to crediting...

Funny thing is - the message that appeared in game stated exactly (to the nearest thousand) how many battles I've played. So the game knows that value. 

31 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If it's a day of premium you should be able to activate it when you want to. It should be the same with a weeks worth but all 7 days should activate at once you should not be able to use them one at a time. You should be able to activate it at the increment it was awarded but at a time of your own choosing.

I've been saying this since Beta. It won't happen because they want players to waste their prem time. For instance, If I play a battle today I'll automatically get prem for 24 hours. The problem is that I won't be around to use it. I think I've lost about 80% of prem time this way. 

My SC came as a simple wooden crate, which was invisible except when I selected ESC button, then the wooden crate became visible just for a second before screen closed.

so much for a SC.

1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

You forgot Hood. And a bit for Graf Spee though that was tapered by the missions to get it free, Prinz much for the same reason as Hood, staggering release, just without the side of screwing people on missions as well, And Saipan's release, both the delay and it being OP, and E, and guessing you weren't here for the Humble-Bundle fiasco. 

And carriers

And carriers round I've lost count

German BB's

And UK cruisers