Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MaliceA4Thought

Max range and aim issues

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,369 battles

Hey Pigeon.

For a long time now, theres an issue that's bothered me some..  don't think it's a bug, but its programming that confuses :)

If I have a lock on a ship at max range and that ship blinks out, my shells no longer go to where they would have done if the lock remained..  in fact, if I have a ship that can shoot over an Island..  lets say a Bogatyr, then whilst with lock, those shells would go over the Island, if the lock dissapears then those shells will hit the Island and be short.

My max range with a lock is longer than without a lock which seems wierd and the trajectory of shells is also different as is the dispersion.

As I say, I don't think this is a bug as such, but it is very frustrating sometimes and it's as if there two types of gun on the ship, one with the lock and one without.

Can it be looked at in case something can be done to make shells go where they would if theres a lock even if there isn't.

Regards

M

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Yup - irritating and aggravating as well. Also since they moved some indicators around on the screen - the "land" warning lags behind shots sometimes 2 to 3 seconds after you fired. 

[DOG]
Members
149 posts
5,934 battles

Yes, annoying if there is terrain between you and the ship as you end up shooting terrain. Open ocean is another matter - you can still shoot the water where you project that the ship is - citadelled and sunk a Fiji which had just winked out after my AP loaded.

Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,369 battles
23 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Yes, annoying if there is terrain between you and the ship as you end up shooting terrain. Open ocean is another matter - you can still shoot the water where you project that the ship is - citadelled and sunk a Fiji which had just winked out after my AP loaded.

yeah sometimes, although absolute max range is slightly different:)  but in open water, or with Islands it affects dispersion as well, which is a problem...

Heres two screenshots.. one with lock one without..  you can replicate this in the training room easily just keep switching from lock to no lock and watch your shell dispersion...  very different between the two.

shot-17_09.15_10_31.53-0268.thumb.jpg.89d2b98878be9503a8b54ef8617878f4.jpg

shot-17_09.15_10_32.04-0319.thumb.jpg.1836b3c449131ece17a4b8debeecff1d.jpg

M

Members
271 posts
9,468 battles

It's because with the lock, your gunners know the aim point is behind the island, without it, they can only shoot where you point (crosshair on the island).

You can get around this by using the spotter plane to target an area behind terrain, or perhaps lock onto another ship at the same range but move your targeting point behind the island.

Also, it holds onto the targeting range for maybe a second after they wink out, so that can help sometimes (you can kind of tell because the "lock" will still be sliding along with them).

Sign in to follow this