Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shaoxiao

Low damage citadel shots

7 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,327 battles

From my experience and understanding, citadel shots are supposed to always do the same amount of max dmg on a vessel no matter what. Why is it that my volley that hit 2 full pens and a citadel on an Amagi only do ~3.6k dmg and a volley of 2 full pens and a citadel on a bismark only do ~8k dmg? Was this an ingame bug of me receiving the wrong ribbons or did WG just go full broadside on my backside? 

Edit: I was captaining a (mostly) stock Colorado (as if things werent bad enough).

Edited by Shaoxiao
Additional details.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,802 battles

Sure it was a Colorado?

And yes you are correct.  A citadel does full damage of your guns to the ship.  Obviously...if the ship only has 5k health and you hit it with a citadel of 16" of Freedom...you're only awarded the 5k damage.

Edited by Sock5

[HINON]
Supertester
18,987 posts
12,488 battles

The only way you're going to get less than max listed damage for a citadel hit is if:

• The ship has less than your shell's max damage remaining in hitpoints when you hit it, or
  • A ribbon mismatch happens, where a ribbon is awarded for something that did not happen.

I've only seen the ribbon mismatch thing rarely and for normal hits and overpens though, not citadels.

Can you provide a replay?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,499 posts
2,069 battles

H'm citadel should always do full damage, in the CO's case, what is it, 13.5K (or is that the NC/IA/MO/AL/MT)?

Did the damage numbers come off in two parts, the 3.5K for the overpens, and the 13000 separately, and you missed the citadel hit?

Otherwise, probably a ribbon label thing, but as Lert said, that's usually with pens/overpens

Replay would be nice

Sign in to follow this