Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
stickeynote

Can we get guns to aim at what we actually want?

29 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,843 posts
12,695 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

I had just assumed that this issue had been addressed a while ago, because this used to be a common annoyance for me too.  But these days for me at least, there seems to be somewhat of a delay after the enemy winks out where the shells will still travel over the island at the target instead of straight into the land mass as it used to.

It does seem like you get a split second, but no more than that.

[YORHA]
Members
3,730 posts
6,394 battles

Yes, it is a bug and it was allegedly fixed in 5.6 (May of 2106)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/056-update-notes/

"We fixed a bug that caused main gun shells to hit the landscape due to incorrect operation of the targeting system. Previously, when a player was aiming at a target that was behind the mountains/island, the system wouldn't always "understand" their intentions correctly and sometimes the effective aim point was placed on the mountain/island rather than on the hypothetical course of the target"

It wasn't fixed.

Edited by JCC45

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,543 posts
4,790 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Yes, it is a bug and it was allegedly fixed in 5.6 (May of 2106)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/056-update-notes/

"We fixed a bug that caused main gun shells to hit the landscape due to incorrect operation of the targeting system. Previously, when a player was aiming at a target that was behind the mountains/island, the system wouldn't always "understand" their intentions correctly and sometimes the effective aim point was placed on the mountain/island rather than on the hypothetical course of the target"

It wasn't fixed.

or if it was, it's come back :)

M

Sign in to follow this