You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BaronVonTom

Anniversary Containers

14 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
915 posts
17,995 battles

So I bought a 14.99 package of 6 containers.  Totally disappointed.  No economic flags, all regular flags.  Camo was ok but geeeez.  I figured if I bought the containers would at least get the economic flags.  You do get the eco flags with the tier 10's which is great.  I have 4 tier 10's so 4 containers.  I don't see the premium shop containers being worth your money.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,072 battles

I only brought one to make sure I would complete the collection since I am not sure how much playing I will get to do my wife is past due so my kid could come at any moment and I like my cosmetic flags way too much hope we can have custom clan flags soon

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles

The issue here is that people see the crates and automatically expect the same awesome benefits as the Christmas crates had.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,072 battles

While I would not be sad to have such good rewards (Imperitor Nickola) it was pretty clear to me that it would be collection parts camo and random signal flags. No ships. And I must of used all my luck to get that one Xmas ship because the few super containers I get or useless flags and modulars but I don't complain (at least not often or very loudly)

Beta Testers
53 posts
11,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The issue here is that people see the crates and automatically expect the same awesome benefits as the Christmas crates had.

That's right.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
41 minutes ago, justdags said:

I only brought one to make sure I would complete the collection since I am not sure how much playing I will get to do my wife is past due so my kid could come at any moment and I like my cosmetic flags way too much hope we can have custom clan flags soon

Congrats on being a dad.

My dad was at McDonalds when my brother was born because everyone thought my brother would take as long as I did, so my dad went to get something to eat. 

• Funny 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
915 posts
17,995 battles
48 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Let me clear, I wasn't expecting special flags or a ship (I already got a ship a month ago, so probably wont see another and that is fine).  When you spend money on special event containers at least mix them up so you get some reg flags and some economic flags.  This is not asking for much.  Spend money, get what you spend.  In the case of these containers, you are not getting what you spend.

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles
7 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

Let me clear, I wasn't expecting special flags or a ship (I already got a ship a month ago, so probably wont see another and that is fine).  When you spend money on special event containers at least mix them up so you get some reg flags and some economic flags.  This is not asking for much.  Spend money, get what you spend.  In the case of these containers, you are not getting what you spend.

That's the inherent risk/reward of a lottery-based system.  There are no guarantees of top notch rewards.

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,264 posts
3,358 battles

dont buy container... Donate to Rubicon!

Do right thing with moneies help peeps!

-runs and hides-

• Cool 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, BaronVonTom said:

So I bought a 14.99 package of 6 containers.  Totally disappointed.  No economic flags, all regular flags.  Camo was ok but geeeez.  I figured if I bought the containers would at least get the economic flags.  You do get the eco flags with the tier 10's which is great.  I have 4 tier 10's so 4 containers.  I don't see the premium shop containers being worth your money.

Gotta look on the bright side, those other containers usually had two sets of seven flags and a collection piece.

So a six box set had 84 flags and collection pieces (in some occasions you got a few more flags). These yield 60 good to very good camos and 180 performance flags plus collection pieces(six box set)

May not be what was expected but calling them bad isn't fair.

Edited by Sweetsie

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,131 battles

In a way, I can understand them including non-economic flags in the SCs.  Economic flags are available for sale permanently in the premium shop, whereas there's generally no way to purchase non-economic flags in the shop, because they don't want to directly sell modules/flags that boost ship performance.  They want you to earn/win those.  So, with these purchased, "random", SCs they can say you didn't directly buy your "increased fire chance" flags, or whatever.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
915 posts
17,995 battles
32 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Gotta look on the bright side, those other containers usually had two sets of seven flags and a collection piece.

So a six box set had 84 flags and collection pieces (in some occasions you got a few more flags). These yield 60 good to very good camos and 180 performance flags plus collection pieces(six box set)

May not be what was expected but calling them bad isn't fair.

Sorry, no bright side to wasting your money on crappy flags.

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Congrats on being a dad.

My dad was at McDonalds when my brother was born because everyone thought my brother would take as long as I did, so my dad went to get something to eat. 

Lol not bad...

My first, I was on my way home from work and the family forgot to call me, it was over when I found them in the hospital

My 2nd, my brother and I decided to walk to get some coffee, 0->baby in 10 minutes, missed it, but it was nice coffee.

3rd, my wife sent me for mexican food, baby was waiting for me when I got back.