abyssofthetriffid

The xp conversion seems to be a complete con today i was tricked.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

105 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Carl said:

You use a seperate card for net purchases? Wondered if anyone else did that :P.

Paypal credit all the way. Saw the first international banking fees and oh he** no...

Eh i don't have any extra fees for card purchases and whilst paypal does not appear to have any issuers with me these days, (created a fresh account to pay my gm3d membership), we had some issues several years back that made me drop them like a hot potato at the time.

12 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Can anyone look at how these terms are used on the other servers and determine if this is an issue unique to English?

Statement 1:  "An Elite ship's XP can be converted to Free XP"

Statement 2:  "An Elite commander's XP can be converted to Free XP". 

Statement 3:  "Elite XP is an abbreviated way to say 'Elite commander's XP".

In English, the term for "Elite" in all three statements is the same word, relying on CONTEXT to make the distinction.  Do the other languages use the exact same word in all instances?  Or is there a different term (even if in sense or possessiveness) that helps beyond context?

From what most are saying or complaining about is all semantics, people do not see the word 'commander' all they see are what they are hoping and looking for, 'Elite' 'XP and 'Converted', first thought that comes to mind when seeing the word 'Elite' is that it refers to ships that are 'Elite' and then the brain sees 'XP' and 'converted' and that's all it takes for all to assume without any correlation to it being 'commander' and not 'ship'. Its a play on words that could have been explained better to prevent any confusion.  Sad that some got sucked in and honestly, I almost did as well, but I stopped myself and went back and re-read it two more times to make sure what they were talking about in the description. Guess we just have to chalk up another one to WG.

On 9/15/2017 at 8:12 AM, HeathenForay said:

This

It has not ALWAYS been exclusive. Elite commander XP is a relatively new thing. Yes, for nothing. I had enough doubloons, I bought more under false pretenses because Wargaming can't take the time to get the details right.

Horribly, utterly and painfully incorrect. The term for XP locked on elited ships has not, nor has it EVER been called elite XP. There have been many terms but it's most often been called simply Locked XP by the player base and just convertable XP by wargaming

Elite XP is earned once you have a 19 point Captain

in the distant past the XP earned kept on going to 9999999 it was basicly useless

now you can use it to train up any Captain ... one would think after getting a 19 pointer one would know this