abyssofthetriffid

The xp conversion seems to be a complete con today i was tricked.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

105 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

huh?  it was commander XP, pretty clearly stated.

No it does not say commander XP.  It says Elite XP, which its understandable IMO for people to assume Elite XP is the XP earned and stored on Elited ships. 

11 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

No it does not say commander XP.  It says Elite XP, which its understandable IMO for people to assume Elite XP is the XP earned and stored on Elited ships. 

but Elite XP is and always has been only Commander XP since it was introduced in 0.6.0

From the patch notes...

Elite Xp..

Right now, every Commander has a maximum XP value. No Commander in the game can earn more XP than the amount of XP needed to earn 19 Skill Points.

To become an Elite Commander, the Commander must earn the maximum amount of XP -- enough to earn 19 Skill Points. All XP earned over that value becomes Elite Commander XP.

Elite XP is a new type of in-game currency. Elite XP does not accumulate on any single Commander but is stored in a common pool of Elite Commander XP on your account.

Not sure why the confusion.

M

yeah, clearly misunderstood that as well lol

All well, on the bright side, I'm going to save a bunch of money not having to buy 50K worth of doubloons this weekend! LOL

Also doesn't help that the game website puts pictures of commanders right next to the announcement.

3 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

yeah, clearly misunderstood that as well lol

All well, on the bright side, I'm going to save a bunch of money not having to buy 50K worth of doubloons this weekend! LOL

LOL  me too, and I agree that adding the word commander to the website (along with the pictures of commanders) would have been all good, but again, it's this terrible assumption thing that a lot of people then get upset over which seems to happen a lot in WoWs and generates many many threads :)

M

This is [edited]...There is NOTHING that can be misunderstood here. Yet again Wargaming F'd up. 

ELITE XP TO FREE XP CONVERSION....BOUGHT DOUBLOONS FOR NOTHING

Capture2.PNG

Edited by HeathenForay

7 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

There is a difference between ELITE and ELITE COMMANDER XP

Probably >90% of players (including me) thought elite xp is xp from elite ships. 

17 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

This is [edited]...There is NOTHING that can be misunderstood here. Yet again Wargaming F'd up. 

ELITE XP TO FREE XP CONVERSION....BOUGHT DOUBLOONS FOR NOTHING

Capture2.PNG

Elite XP has always been exclusive to commanders.  Bought dubloons for nothing?  Do they disappear now?  Just wait until they have a free XP conversion discount. 

Yeah, all that seems a bit fishy to me.

Glad I don't spend money on this game anymore.

Glad I seen this before purchasing anything.

Was going to buy doubloons in order to get the Missouri, not now tho

Happy birthday wargaming

4 minutes ago, Suzunami said:

Probably >90% of players (including me) thought elite xp is xp from elite ships. 

This

4 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

Elite XP has always been exclusive to commanders.  Bought dubloons for nothing?  Do they disappear now?  Just wait until they have a free XP conversion discount. 

It has not ALWAYS been exclusive. Elite commander XP is a relatively new thing. Yes, for nothing. I had enough doubloons, I bought more under false pretenses because Wargaming can't take the time to get the details right.

2 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

This

It has not ALWAYS been exclusive. Elite commander XP is a relatively new thing. Yes, for nothing. I had enough doubloons, I bought more under false pretenses because Wargaming can't take the time to get the details right.

WRONG. "Elite XP" has always only been applicable to commanders.  You are getting confused with converting XP to free XP. 

How many threads are you going to make the same cry?  Your own fault for not being able to read. 

Again... did you lose your doubloons? No, so stop [edited].

Misread too. I was hoping for 35:1 gold to FXP conversion.

Oh well.

9 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

WRONG. "Elite XP" has always only been applicable to commanders.  You are getting confused with converting XP to free XP. 

How many threads are you going to make the same cry?  Your own fault for not being able to read. 

Ehh I can see the confusion, in my one year of playing have never seen a sale on elite captain xp to free xp, hell didn't even know it was a thing. Every single time I have seen conversion sales it has been ship xp from elite ships to free xp. I read the announcement and figured it was the same thing as it has always been. Your whining about other people whining is even more annoying they are. 

Edited by Taylor3006

30 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

Sorry but the number of people confused in this thread in this few posts proves otherwise. Remember community terminology does not = WG'ing terminology. It's a pretty clear cut case of confusing terminology from where i'm sat, and thats despite the fact that i understood the difference from the get go.

Coverting elite commander xp to free xp is usually a waste of money, because elite commander xp is always useful when getting a new captain or retraining captains.

XP from elite ships is completely useless unless you spend doubloons to convert it to free xp. One can even say it's harder to grind a commander than to grind a tech tree, because if you start from a new captain on a new tech line, when you get to the tier 10 ship (and always use doubloons to retrain captain) you only get a 17 point captain, you would have to play extra games to grind your captain to 19 point. 

1 minute ago, Carl said:

Sorry but the number of people confused in this thread in this few posts proves otherwise. Remember community terminology does not = WG'ing terminology. It's a pretty clear cut case of confusing terminology from where i'm sat, and thats despite the fact that i understood the difference from the get go.

Whilst I don't disagree with you, this thread is a prime example of what starts a LOT of whine threads on this forum,  that of people assuming things without being clear.   People NEED to understand WG terminology and more importantly things such as game mechanics and not make assumptions..  otherwise it is only the people making assumptions that have an issue.

M

4 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

Whilst I don't disagree with you, this thread is a prime example of what starts a LOT of whine threads on this forum,  that of people assuming things without being clear.   People NEED to understand WG terminology and more importantly things such as game mechanics and not make assumptions..  otherwise it is only the people making assumptions that have an issue.

M

Sorry but nope.

The job of terminology is to communicate info, if your getting widespread confusion your terminology isn't doing that. And for somthing like a business to customer communication  then thats an issue with the terminology, not with the customer, (dont get me wrong  the customer is allways right" is bull, but it exists because there's a lot of situations the customer is right in and this is unquestionably one of them).

Funny. . . I read "Elite XP" and knew exactly what they were talking about.  

I was glad it wasn't ship XP because I just converted a bunch.

5 minutes ago, Carl said:

Sorry but nope.

The job of terminology is to communicate info, if your getting widespread confusion your terminology isn't doing that. And for somthing like a business to customer communication  then thats an issue with the terminology, not with the customer, (dont get me wrong  the customer is allways right" is bull, but it exists because there's a lot of situations the customer is right in and this is unquestionably one of them).

okay  we'll disagree here then.. personally I thought the website explanation of Elite XP was crystal clear but it does require people to read and not assume.

M