Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suzunami

Elite XP to Free XP Conversion

  • You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

27 posts in this topic

I saw on WoWS web site that there is a free xp conversion discount going on now, but in my client it's still the normal price of 1 doubloon for 25 free xp from elite ship xp and the discount is on for command xp (1 doubloon for 35 free xp from elite commander xp).

 

Is this a bug in my client or a mistake on the website?

Edited by Suzunami

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's ELITE xp  ie Commander XP to Free XP that is 1:35 rather than 1:25 for the weekend.   Not a global 1:35 conversion and on my client it is showing correctly.

M


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they need to make it clearer in the article and state elite commander xp not the ambiguous elite xp.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, could be clearer I suppose.

 

Either way, it wouldn't take that long to figure out in game when you look at the conversion rates on the UI.

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yeah they need to make it clearer in the article and state elite commander xp not the ambiguous elite xp.

agree could be clearer, but the words elite XP has only ever applied to commander XP..  the other XP is just XP.

M


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

agree could be clearer, but the words elite XP has only ever applied to commander XP..  the other XP is just XP.

M

As if everyone knew that, I didn't and I've been playing for a long as time

Edited by 1Tigrtank603

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1Tigrtank603 said:

As if everyone knew that, I didn't and I've been playing for a long as time

I didn't either, the other xp is from "elite and premium ships", but not called "elite xp". They really need to make it clearer.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well RIP, I was planning on taking advantage of that to maybe pick up the Nelson.

Edited by yashma

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1Tigrtank603 said:

As if everyone knew that, I didn't and I've been playing for a long as time

As I said in my post above.. I agree it could be clearer, but patch notes are your friend again  from 0.6.0 when it was introduced..

Elite XP...

Right now, every Commander has a maximum XP value. No Commander in the game can earn more XP than the amount of XP needed to earn 19 Skill Points.

To become an Elite Commander, the Commander must earn the maximum amount of XP -- enough to earn 19 Skill Points. All XP earned over that value becomes Elite Commander XP.

Elite XP is a new type of in-game currency. Elite XP does not accumulate on any single Commander but is stored in a common pool of Elite Commander XP on your account.

M

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Does anyone know when it ends? I need about 50k more commander xp to get the nelson 

from the website

Starts Sept. 15, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)
Ends Sept. 18, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)

M


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaliceA4Thought said:

from the website

Starts Sept. 15, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)
Ends Sept. 18, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)

M

You're the real MVP, mate


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang this got confusing. You can take elite xp from your 19 point captains and convert it to free xp? Why would anyone do that? Well besides someone with lots of 19 point captains.... I thought it was a free xp conversion sale as well, heck didn't even know you could convert valuable elite xp to free xp.. Anyways I wouldn't do it. 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wargaming DROPPED the ball BIG TIME... this is absurd. Big difference between Elite and Elite Commander XP. Bought doubloons for nothing. There is NO WAY that somebody at Wargaming couldn't see that this could happen. "From Commanders" has it's own tab ffs...there's nothing specifying this. Almost anyone would assume it's from elited ships

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by HeathenForay

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Dang this got confusing. You can take elite xp from your 19 point captains and convert it to free xp? Why would anyone do that? Well besides someone with lots of 19 point captains.... I thought it was a free xp conversion sale as well, heck didn't even know you could convert valuable elite xp to free xp.. Anyways I wouldn't do it. 

Not going to do it either. Only have 110k elite commander xp left after pumping up Jack Dunkirk for British BB line. Elite commander xp is more valuable than free xp for me right now. Maybe the guys with a dozen 19 point captains would do it. But those guys probably already have every tier 10 ship in game so they don't care about free xp anyway, why is WG even offering this discount?

Edited by Suzunami

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Suzunami said:

Not going to do it either. Only have 110k elite commander xp left after pumping up Jack Dunkirk for British BB line. Elite commander xp is more valuable than free xp for me right now. Maybe the guys with a dozen 19 point captains would do it. But those guys probably already have every tier 10 ship in game so they don't care about free xp anyway, why is WG even offering this discount?

I have 2 19pt captain already and about to get my third so elite xp isn't an issue for me, Time to get my Nelson!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Wargaming DROPPED the ball BIG TIME... this is absurd. Big difference between Elite and Elite Commander XP. Bought doubloons for nothing. There is NO WAY that somebody at Wargaming couldn't see that this could happen. "From Commanders" has it's own tab ffs...there's nothing specifying this. Almost anyone would assume it's from elited ships

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

 

Again, explain how you got them for nothing?  Do you lose them?  Just effing wait until they ave the free xp conversion.  This isn't rocket surgery.

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, murf4321 said:

 

Again, explain how you got them for nothing?  Do you lose them?  Just effing wait until they ave the free xp conversion.  This isn't rocket surgery.

 

Get off your high horse. I had enough doubloons to do what I wanted. I bought more just for this.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

I have 2 19pt captain already and about to get my third so elite xp isn't an issue for me, Time to get my Nelson!

5 19pt captains and 11 tier 10 ships here, I need elite commander xp way more than free xp.:Smile_sceptic:


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Suzunami said:

5 19pt captains and 11 tier 10 ships here, I need elite commander xp way more than free xp.:Smile_sceptic:

Haha nice! I don't play enough so I don't have a lot of captain xp but I can grind commander xp later, I want that Nelson


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Get off your high horse. I had enough doubloons to do what I wanted. I bought more just for this.

I'm not on a high horse, you're [edited] over nothing.  You still have the dubloons, so shut the [edited] up & stop complaining.  Wait until they have a free xp conversion.  Not everyone else's fault that your reading comprehension sucks.

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, murf4321 said:

I'm not on a high horse, you're [edited] over nothing.  You still have the dubloons, so shut the [edited] up & stop complaining.  Wait until they have a free xp conversion.  Not everyone else's fault that your reading comprehension sucks.

 

What exactly have I done wrong? EliteXP-FreeXP has ALWAYS meant SHIP XP, this is the first time I'm aware of it was only pertaining to Elite COMMANDER XP. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me and everyone else we're wrong? I'm not the only one. I would not have bought the doubloons otherwise. It's sloppy, it's poor attention to detail, and it's blatantly misleading. Stop playing devil's advocate and look at this objectively, to most people this is obviously misleading and borderline shady.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HeathenForay said:

What exactly have I done wrong? EliteXP-FreeXP has ALWAYS meant SHIP XP, this is the first time I'm aware of it was only pertaining to Elite COMMANDER XP. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me and everyone else we're wrong? I'm not the only one. I would not have bought the doubloons otherwise. It's sloppy, it's poor attention to detail, and it's blatantly misleading. Stop playing devil's advocate and look at this objectively, to most people this is obviously misleading and borderline shady.

Jesus, stop crying about the same thing in every thread.

 

"elite XP" has only ever existed with regard to commanders.  You are talking about converting XP to free XP.  Also, did you not see the giant picture of the effing COMMANDERS in the wargaming post?  This was not difficult to decipher, perhaps you need Bletchley Park to read wargaming's site next time. 

 

Edited by murf4321

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HeathenForay said:

What exactly have I done wrong? EliteXP-FreeXP has ALWAYS meant SHIP XP, this is the first time I'm aware of it was only pertaining to Elite COMMANDER XP. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me and everyone else we're wrong? I'm not the only one. I would not have bought the doubloons otherwise. It's sloppy, it's poor attention to detail, and it's blatantly misleading. Stop playing devil's advocate and look at this objectively, to most people this is obviously misleading and borderline shady.

okay youre wrong.

from the website ..

Elite XP is a new type of in-game currency. Elite XP does not accumulate on any single Commander but is stored in a common pool of Elite Commander XP on your account.

M


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.