Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DESRON10

Game settings reset after every patch

5 comments in this topic

[P2W]
Members
688 posts

Is anybody else having this problem? After every patch my Audio and Video settings get reset.

Sound gets reset from Ultra to Standard, and Video goes from Very High to a "Custom" setting.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

I have a HUGE problem with the settings reverting back to swiping my doubloons paying for service costs rather than silver. I have lost thousands of doubloons by not checking each ship every game.

Members
3,414 posts
6,078 battles
8 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Is anybody else having this problem? After every patch my Audio and Video settings get reset.

Sound gets reset from Ultra to Standard, and Video goes from Very High to a "Custom" setting.

I would run the file integrity check for the game files.  After that it might be a good idea to delete the preferences XML file and let the game create a new one.  Sounds like a file issue or a permissions issue with the preferences file or directory.

[P2W]
Members
688 posts
50 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I would run the file integrity check for the game files.  After that it might be a good idea to delete the preferences XML file and let the game create a new one.  Sounds like a file issue or a permissions issue with the preferences file or directory.

I have previously done uninstall/cleanup(delete all traces)/ re-install. No change. With the added bonus of having the game center forced down on me.

Members
3,414 posts
6,078 battles

Did you do anything I suggested?   Or did you JUST reinstall literally just before starting the thread?  You need to do some experimentation to see if the preferences file is being accessed by the program when setting up the bindings and checking to see if the date/time was changed.  Might need to see the properties of the preferences file and check its security to make sure your user has Read/Write/Execute permissions.

As for Game Center - don't use it till you need to update and when the update is done - close it down and kill the service.   Then run the game directly from the executable.

Sign in to follow this