You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

How Long Before a Full Length Feature Movie?

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I am convinced there exists sufficient talent within WG, across all product lines, to produce a full-length, feature movie for the World War Two years. 

While you can tell things aren't really "real" they did a fine job... and we all know they could make it as near to real as possible if they wanted to do it. Oh sure, Hollywood spend hundreds of millions on such a project. But WG could probably spend a fraction of that and make a profit. 

It's an intriguing thought... tiafyc

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles

Can I put in my vote for a Battle of River Plate movie, Jutland, or a story of the SMS Emden movie?

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I am convinced there exists sufficient talent within WG, across all product lines, to produce a full-length, feature movie for the World War Two years. 

While you can tell things aren't really "real" they did a fine job... and we all know they could make it as near to real as possible if they wanted to do it. Oh sure, Hollywood spend hundreds of millions on such a project. But WG could probably spend a fraction of that and make a profit. 

It's an intriguing thought... tiafyc

Yeah, when I saw this, my first thought is "this is what the movie "Battleship" should have really been more like", hell, even this game itself as is kinda is. Even their other clearly CG trailers, they are a amazing quality that would make for good movies.

But the difference in the end between this ad Hollywood can be summed up in a word - Heart. Too many of the Hollywood movies are focused on 1 thing - money, they forget to actually care about what they are doing. Or caring what the fans want. or both. Take Assassins Creed, Ghost in the Shell (putting aside the other controversy), and Batman vs Superman. They tossed tons of money at these movies that are adaptations of things with an established fan base, but they all massively screwed things up and suffered for it. AC should have focused more on the past and the knowledge that while the simulation allows you to explore, you can actually learn and better retain things doing them as your ancestor did. Or basically, by being Indiana Jones meets the Matrix. GitS, they completely missed the point of every version of it they tried to fold in, and from what I have seen had her go with the wooden performance as opposed to what's more accurate to the original creators ideas, and just, so much wasted potential.

An example spoilers if you wanted to watch it - Kuze appears in 2nd gig, not the 95(?) movie this was mostly based around. In that, he is 1 of 2 survivors of a plane crash (the other Motoko), who for a long time refused a cybernetic body despite loss of use in his arm and maybe legs, however, Motoko (who he thought had died and was just the girl in the other bed) ended up in the end convincing him. They meet later as enemies, Kuze having been affected by a virus to cause him to commit acts as part of a plot to manipulate public opinion, but ends up going rogue from it and while taking on the cause still, becomes an uncontrolled X-factor. His idea of revolution becomes taking his followers and essentially taking their consciousnesses into the net. The main story of the season basically had political intrigue, action, and a bunch of at the time this movie came out and still now in some areas, very relevant things to today. If they just stuck to 1 series, not adapting all of them, it'd have been fine.

BvS - all I should really have to say is Lex Luthor, "My planet doesn't exist anymore" (or however that line goes), and Doomsday. That comes from a DC fan, and hell, I'm not a big Superman fan and some of what they did with him and associated characters was just wrong.

They have skill and heart, I'd like to see maybe a series based on battles or a loose narrative that is shorter videos rather than just the 1 movie. :Smile_hiding:

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,384 posts

I wanna see a film about The Battle of Castle Itter

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,759 battles

The story of Taffy 3 

taffy8.jpg

Edited by Triela50

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
20 hours ago, Lert said:

Can I put in my vote for a Battle of River Plate movie, Jutland, or a story of the SMS Emden movie?

I would LOVE an SMS Emden movie made by WG! Could also use that sell the little bote and generate some extra profit. =D

Speaking of the little bote...I need to take her out again soon...been far too long since she's had a good runabout.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Good to see others think they could pull this off too. Maybe they'll take the idea to heart and produce something... it'd be fascinating as long as it stuck to historical facts. 

[ERN]
Members
590 posts
8,196 battles

They should make a movie for one of these historical battles; The Battle of Jutland, The Battle of the River Plate, and/or the Battle off Samar (Taffy 3 vs the Yamato and the Japanese Center Force).