You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kanives_1

new user help/tips/errors...where do I look?

44 comments in this topic

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

Greetings all, 

I'm a new player, only active a couple weeks. I'm new to the forum today, & I've been looking around for a short time. I've preformed several searches that turn up nothing on all the questions I have, or useful data specifically for new users. This concerns standard play, tips, hints, techniques, game errors, etc. Could someone be so kind as to please steer me to the right place on the forum to find out this info? I love the game, but need help quick. I'm just dying too much! LOL = Blub blub....:P

Thank you, 

Kanives

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles

Hello and Welcome!

In the general section there is a Game Guides and Tutorials section that has a lot of good info.  There is a lot to learn. Best advice is to start from the bottom and learn each ship as best you can. This will help you learn the mechanics of the game in the long run.  

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,370 posts
7,948 battles
46 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

Hello and Welcome!

In the general section there is a Game Guides and Tutorials section that has a lot of good info.  There is a lot to learn. Best advice is to start from the bottom and learn each ship as best you can. This will help you learn the mechanics of the game in the long run.  

This and the wiki - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships can be very helpful. It explains some of the mechanics, ha pro's cons of ships in a line as well as stats they have stock, and many have link to reviews or written in how the ship plays. That or sometimes, you just have to ask here and hope it gets seen, somethings are not spelled out and have required digging and observation by players to figure out. 

• Cool 1

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
2 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

This and the wiki - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships can be very helpful. It explains some of the mechanics, ha pro's cons of ships in a line as well as stats they have stock, and many have link to reviews or written in how the ship plays. That or sometimes, you just have to ask here and hope it gets seen, somethings are not spelled out and have required digging and observation by players to figure out. 

Thank you friends for all your help. I've already looked at the U-Toob video's & read most of the manual & PDF file. The above mentioned Wiki link is very useful too. 

I'm still pretty confused about things being new to "WoW" gaming specifically. Warships was 1st, & I've now tried Warplanes & Tanks too. Warships so far is my favorite. 

I guess I was in too much of a hurry; I'm just impatient.:P  I've already tried ~15 different ships, all the way up to some basic Battleships, mostly because I ran low on Doubloons almost immediately.

I quickly spent far too much $$$ on moving up, & dang if I'm low on Doubloons again. Now what?  Millions of Credits, but nothing to spend them on? Is there no way to gain Doubloons other than paying for them? The $ vs. Credits vs. XP thing is just confusing & not explained enough?

Guess I need to back up to some lower level ships & start over again. Moving up too fast just has lengthened my games & increased the frequency of getting sunk. Thinking I should just back-step a bit & try again...

Thank you again for all the suggestions, 

-K

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles
4 hours ago, Kanives_1 said:

Thank you friends for all your help. I've already looked at the U-Toob video's & read most of the manual & PDF file. The above mentioned Wiki link is very useful too. 

I'm still pretty confused about things being new to "WoW" gaming specifically. Warships was 1st, & I've now tried Warplanes & Tanks too. Warships so far is my favorite. 

I guess I was in too much of a hurry; I'm just impatient.:P  I've already tried ~15 different ships, all the way up to some basic Battleships, mostly because I ran low on Doubloons almost immediately.

I quickly spent far too much $$$ on moving up, & dang if I'm low on Doubloons again. Now what?  Millions of Credits, but nothing to spend them on? Is there no way to gain Doubloons other than paying for them? The $ vs. Credits vs. XP thing is just confusing & not explained enough?

Guess I need to back up to some lower level ships & start over again. Moving up too fast just has lengthened my games & increased the frequency of getting sunk. Thinking I should just back-step a bit & try again...

Thank you again for all the suggestions, 

-K

That is actually a VERY GOOD idea, Kanives!  It's easy for someone just getting started to try to go up in tiers by buying their way up - when they should be practicing at the lower tiers in the first place.  Have you figured out which ship type suits you best?  If not, try starting working your way up to a tier 2 or tier 3 cruiser and practice your shooting ability.  Watch how the others will try to hide behind islands and work their ways around to quick work away at their opponents before disappearing from view.

Don't just charge into the field without looking ahead.  Try teaming up with others to make an attack and above all else ... ASK QUESTIONS and seek advice from the players as you go up in tiers.  Don't be afraid to practice on COOP against the bots until you feel more sure of yourself. 

DON'T TRY TO PLAY IN THE HIGHER TIERS until you've mastered the lower ones.  Have fun and be patient!  You'll do well soon enough, I promise!

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
On 9/15/2017 at 2:45 AM, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

That is actually a VERY GOOD idea, Kanives!  It's easy for someone just getting started to try to go up in tiers by buying their way up - when they should be practicing at the lower tiers in the first place.  Have you figured out which ship type suits you best?  If not, try starting working your way up to a tier 2 or tier 3 cruiser and practice your shooting ability.  Watch how the others will try to hide behind islands and work their ways around to quick work away at their opponents before disappearing from view.

Don't just charge into the field without looking ahead.  Try teaming up with others to make an attack and above all else ... ASK QUESTIONS and seek advice from the players as you go up in tiers.  Don't be afraid to practice on COOP against the bots until you feel more sure of yourself. 

DON'T TRY TO PLAY IN THE HIGHER TIERS until you've mastered the lower ones.  Have fun and be patient!  You'll do well soon enough, I promise!

Well today I tried to back down to some lower-tier vessels. I found myself getting hammered immediately. Seems I did better when I had just started! Weird. So I went back to cruisers mostly, & after some poor battles, ended up back w/battleships. 

Again getting immediately trounced. To top that off, one user started calling me names, & criticizing me. Claimed I caused "Friendly-Fire" damage to him w/torpedo's, but my ship at the time (S. Carolina) doesn't even have torpedo's. What the heck? That is VERY discouraging, so gave up = off to something more fun on a weekend.

I was about to leave, I then noted a almost total lack doubloons/gone, & really got kind of miffed.

Bad enough having a bad day/sessions & getting abused, but now no $ to spend to try new ships?

Started thinking of moving to a different game; this one seems just too hard for new users to move up...I mean, >300 battles & I should be getting the hang of it by now. 

What can I do to get more $$$ f/trying new ships? (20 million credits, but only  ~300 doubloons?) It's Impossible? :(

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles

Well, as many here have already noted, the business of WG is to earn $$ and unfortunately that means making us buy doubloons.  There are VERY few ways to actually earn doubloons in the game.

HOWEVER, you should be able to buy new tier ships with your experience and whatever credits you've earned.  If you really have 20 million credits, you should be able to buy a lot of ships if you have the experience points to do so.  It's really only the premium ships that cost doubloons.  The game is designed to make it so that you can start off without paying a lot of real money to play.

Anyway, don't give up on the game just yet.  It takes practice and watching what the others do to finally start doing well.  Do you stick around the game after you've been sunk and watch what the other players are doing?  That might help you understand what needs to be done.

Good luck and keep trying!

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
On 9/17/2017 at 1:34 AM, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Well, as many here have already noted, the business of WG is to earn $$ and unfortunately that means making us buy doubloons.  There are VERY few ways to actually earn doubloons in the game.

HOWEVER, you should be able to buy new tier ships with your experience and whatever credits you've earned.  If you really have 20 million credits, you should be able to buy a lot of ships if you have the experience points to do so.  It's really only the premium ships that cost doubloons.  The game is designed to make it so that you can start off without paying a lot of real money to play.

Anyway, don't give up on the game just yet.  It takes practice and watching what the others do to finally start doing well.  Do you stick around the game after you've been sunk and watch what the other players are doing?  That might help you understand what needs to be done.

Good luck and keep trying!

Thank you for the reply. Yes I've reluctantly had to accept that spending more money is the only way to get more doubloons (much to my wife's chagrin.) I've already spent ~$50 {3 purchases of doubloons} so I'm kinda in the doghouse. She wants me to go back to the original Battlefield or Call of Duty (old Shooters I have) which are cheaper for the CD. You see, I got out of "shooters" back when my children were born 20 years ago. Now I'm coming back to them as the children have grown up & we sent them off to college; & I suddenly have LOTS of free time. "I'm back..." :)

WoW gaming is the 1st new games I've tried since "back in the day," so all of this is relatively new. 

I do not always stick around; sometimes I get a bit discouraged, & just close out the game rather than continuing. I tend to get excited; & the wifie doesn't like me shouting at the screen.:P 

Points wise I'm at 18.6 Million, but XP & doubloons shortage leaves me kind of handcuffed. I am not able to try any more new ships due to the stated shortages, so kinda stuck w/what I got. It's a shame the doubloons thing is not explained more to the new user. I didn't understand how it worked at first; now I do. Grrr...

Lastly, I know this is not the right forum but thought I'd ask: I have two mice that are not working. Both new, wireless, & different frequencies. Both "stutter" or get "stuck" in the game. This leads to quick death. They work fine out of the game. Any ideas? Everyone using "wired" mice? Known problem? 

Thank you all again, 

-K

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

Ranked battles; another problem. It's colored dark gray/black...

Says "Ranked Battles are not available." 

The only way to move up is Ranked Battles. But I can't choose them from the game. WTH?

Please advise...thank you, 

-K

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

No replies? A little further investigation shows both mice acting up (to a lesser extent) in both WoW Tanks & Warplanes. The worst is Warships, slightly less in Tanks, & almost gone in Warplanes.  It's fine out of WoW, in Windows & other apps no problem. 

Think I'm going to try a "Wired" mouse & see what happens....? 

No response on the Ranked Battles non-selection. My old/slow machine? Anyone? Buller?

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles

Hey, Kanives!

Sorry no one is responding to you.  I've been offline (thanks to Hurricane Irma) and just got back on last night.

I don't know enough technical stuff to help you on the mice problem.  I hope someone else sees this.  You might see if there is another place in the forum to post a similar message that will be answered more promptly.

As far as the Ranked Battles invitation is concerned, you have to complete a certain amount of battles in Co-op before you're allowed to participate in Ranked battles.  This is indicated in your Profile tab in your port.  You get your privilege after acquiring level 3.  Check that out next time you're in port.  It's all explained there.

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,755 battles

Alright, so in a nutshell;  The game has Four play modes:  Co-Op, Random battle, Ranked battle, and Operations.  As you play, the XP you gain on your account unlocks new features and makes more game modes available to play.  Go to your profile in game and see what you have unlocked so far.

The central feature of the games economy is experience, this is for both the ship and its captain, and as you accrue more experience the ship can be upgraded and the captain can purchase new skills.  As you have already discovered, you can buy doubloons and trade those for credits, free XP, or even premium ships.  Or, you can play the game and grind enough XP to purchase upgrades and then the next ship in the tech tree.

For more detailed information on gameplay be sure to check out the Captains Academy series of videos from ichasegaming on YouTube.

Now as for your problem with mice...  What exactly is the issue and what are the technical specifications of your machine?  It could be anything from video card issues, Windows, or just a slow internet connection and without more detail anyone helping you would only be guessing.

P.S.  I almost forgot, the reason you cannot select Ranked battles is because they are available only during "seasons" and one just ended with another one on the way soon.

Edited by 56Bravo

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 2:51 PM, 56Bravo said:

Alright, so in a nutshell;  The game has Four play modes:  Co-Op, Random battle, Ranked battle, and Operations.  As you play, the XP you gain on your account unlocks new features and makes more game modes available to play.  Go to your profile in game and see what you have unlocked so far.

The central feature of the games economy is experience, this is for both the ship and its captain, and as you accrue more experience the ship can be upgraded and the captain can purchase new skills.  As you have already discovered, you can buy doubloons and trade those for credits, free XP, or even premium ships.  Or, you can play the game and grind enough XP to purchase upgrades and then the next ship in the tech tree.

For more detailed information on gameplay be sure to check out the Captains Academy series of videos from ichasegaming on YouTube.

Now as for your problem with mice...  What exactly is the issue and what are the technical specifications of your machine?  It could be anything from video card issues, Windows, or just a slow internet connection and without more detail anyone helping you would only be guessing.

P.S.  I almost forgot, the reason you cannot select Ranked battles is because they are available only during "seasons" and one just ended with another one on the way soon.

Thanks you two for the replies. Sorry to hear you were effected PC142 by hurricane; I sincerely hope you & yours are ok & able to come back together.

I see I still have much to learn. I went back to lower-end vessels, & "Random" battles & got my rear-end kicked. I see there's a lot more to learn yet. I notice many groups (in Random) that are apparently playing together (clans?), & they sure do a better job of covering each other. Clearly LIVE communication at work.

Thanks for the notification on doubloons. I've about spent all I can for now as me wifie is about to kick me butt. Between Warships, Planes, & Tanks I've spent almost $100. Ooops.  I need to stay there for awhile & start gradually gain XP. No More doubloons for awhile. 

I'll check out the Captains Academy, thanks for the tip. 

As for the mouse, I'm positive it's the old/slow pc combined w/a slow internet connection. Mouse works fine outside of WoW, but in Warships Tanks & Warplanes it does the same thing. (progressively listed by improvement.) Does it the least in Warplanes, a little worse in Tanks, & really bad in Ships. I wish it were the other way around...

Internet is American Trash & Telegraphs "6mb" connection. But test show a best of around 1gb.  Not good when you have a wife on internet phone, & two kids on various video games online.

This Dell "XPS Duo" is 9 years old, I need to upgrade bad. The only reason I'm still using it is it's been trouble free until now. I'm surprised there's not more going wrong; although I've had a few game crashes here & there, & the PC shut itself off completely yesterday during a heatwave (got BIG fans blowing into pc.) I'm glad it's ONLY the mouse that is acting up however it makes aiming problematic. :P

Thank you all again for suggestions....appreciate it! :D

-K

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,755 battles

Yeah, unfortunately it's far past time for an upgrade.  Wows went more graphics intensive several patches back and no longer supports things like WinXP.  My old machine was the same age as yours and was good through Beta until about 8 months ago when I would randomly crash loading in.  A reasonably priced new PC and an SSD solved all those issues, and make sure you have an up to date networking card as most retailers like Dell and the rest like to use a very slow card so your internet only runs at slow speeds and flags your ISP to give you back of the line service.

As far as learning the game, it takes a while.  Most veteran players will likely agree that even with two or three thousand matches, your still learning.  It's like any skill, you need to invest time and focus to improve.  Looking at your record you're about where you should be, try focusing on one thing to improve for a series of matches then tackle something else and so on.  Learning how to judge your opponents speed and correctly apply lead will help a lot, then move on to positioning(i.e. where not to sink too early this match. XD).  When you find yourself with time as your ship fills with water, select a teammate that is in a similar ship and kicking [edited], then see what they are doing that you're not.

Keep with it and have fun.  Remember, getting wet is not a hard ship as it leaves salt in your beard to flavor your meals.

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
3 hours ago, 56Bravo said:

Yeah, unfortunately it's far past time for an upgrade.  Wows went more graphics intensive several patches back and no longer supports things like WinXP.  My old machine was the same age as yours and was good through Beta until about 8 months ago when I would randomly crash loading in.  A reasonably priced new PC and an SSD solved all those issues, and make sure you have an up to date networking card as most retailers like Dell and the rest like to use a very slow card so your internet only runs at slow speeds and flags your ISP to give you back of the line service.

As far as learning the game, it takes a while.  Most veteran players will likely agree that even with two or three thousand matches, your still learning.  It's like any skill, you need to invest time and focus to improve.  Looking at your record you're about where you should be, try focusing on one thing to improve for a series of matches then tackle something else and so on.  Learning how to judge your opponents speed and correctly apply lead will help a lot, then move on to positioning(i.e. where not to sink too early this match. XD).  When you find yourself with time as your ship fills with water, select a teammate that is in a similar ship and kicking [edited], then see what they are doing that you're not.

Keep with it and have fun.  Remember, getting wet is not a hard ship as it leaves salt in your beard to flavor your meals.

Thank you for reply. Yes I know, the upgrade needs to happen, just so many other things w/a family...getting a roof put on the house right now...ka'ching $$$! 

So, what I've done in the meantime is turn much of the graphics down to minimum enjoyable view, ~60% less than standard settings? It also keeps the machine from getting too hot & crashing. Who cares what the brush on an island look like in war anyway?

I've got my eyes on several different machines/builds, just have to wait a bit yet. When I got this one so many years ago, it was the hottest XPS Dell offered at the time. I had the bux for toys back then.....

Yes I'm been doing the switch to other players view each time I sink early (blub blub.) If I try to run the battle more conservatively I live longer, but eventually get jumped by a 2-3 player set in top ships that know what their doing & apparently communicating live. Then I don't last long. But lots of times I win too; so it's about 50/50 so far...not really tracking record too close yet. Down the road a bit yet...

Learning one big thing, I -hate- torpedoes & airplanes. I never see that torpedo plane or bomber until its too late.:) I will keep working on it. Need to get a mic setup so I can converse w/other players. I assume that's why so many are so good staying together & combine their fire. I used to do that back in the "shooter" days...  

The last battle of the session is typically a Kamikaze style charging right into the fray.. getting into a crossfire not good. I know that, but it's fun. I many times will drop back to cruisers & do the fast ship/fast pace during the above. I've found those battles are fast/furious/& a blast! Much quicker than cruising the old slow WWI Battleship around the long way...

Thank you again,

-K

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

Ok, a few days have past, & I have many more questions. 

How do I get more flags. I can see what they do, but I get "You have No Flags" on the "Exterior View" screen. Updates to ship I always max out. Sometimes spend a few prized doubloons. Ouch. All consumables I typically will get "auto update" in port. NO worries about that in the middle of  a session.

I'm up to level V ships, it won't let me go higher. Still stuck at ~21 million points, 14K xp, a not enough doubloons.

I finding when I get in Random Battles, I get creamed. Bad. Frustrating. I go back to lower tier ships & it's disappointing. No one helps each other, or will help in chat. Ugh. 

Suggestions?

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles
16 hours ago, Kanives_1 said:

Ok, a few days have past, & I have many more questions. 

How do I get more flags. I can see what they do, but I get "You have No Flags" on the "Exterior View" screen. Updates to ship I always max out. Sometimes spend a few prized doubloons. Ouch. All consumables I typically will get "auto update" in port. NO worries about that in the middle of  a session.

I'm up to level V ships, it won't let me go higher. Still stuck at ~21 million points, 14K xp, a not enough doubloons.

I finding when I get in Random Battles, I get creamed. Bad. Frustrating. I go back to lower tier ships & it's disappointing. No one helps each other, or will help in chat. Ugh. 

Suggestions?

Okay, in regard to the flags (and, again, I'm not the expert here) ... I know you can get flags by accomplishing some of the campaign scenarios offered (Yamamoto's campaign is interesting).  However, I don't believe many flags give you benefits.

I think you're talking about the signal flags or pennants.  You can collect them via the containers you earn for your daily battle experience (see your containers screen when you're in your port).  You also win pennants when you achieve a performance goal (like "first blood" or "It's just a flesh wound", "Arsonist", etc).  Some of the challenges and combat missions award pennants.  Of course, you can buy pennants in the premium store, but that's what you're trying to avoid right now.

If you've made it to level 5, that's a great accomplishment and you should be proud!  Keep working at that tier for a while.  You'll earn the experience points and silver (credits) you need to advance soon enough.  Even though I've grinded to tier 6 (I've bought a couple of premium ships higher than that), I still enjoy my tier 5 battles the most right now.

Keep plugging at it!  You'll get better, I promise!  Stick around the other player's ships for mutual protection and don't go off on your own until you feel you can do so.  You'll eventually find someone who'll give you help via chat - especially at the first of the battle before things get tense.  Again, if you see me, give me a holler!  I'll be more than happy to division with you and help you out!

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
22 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Okay, in regard to the flags (and, again, I'm not the expert here) ... I know you can get flags by accomplishing some of the campaign scenarios offered (Yamamoto's campaign is interesting).  However, I don't believe many flags give you benefits.

I think you're talking about the signal flags or pennants.  You can collect them via the containers you earn for your daily battle experience (see your containers screen when you're in your port).  You also win pennants when you achieve a performance goal (like "first blood" or "It's just a flesh wound", "Arsonist", etc).  Some of the challenges and combat missions award pennants.  Of course, you can buy pennants in the premium store, but that's what you're trying to avoid right now.

If you've made it to level 5, that's a great accomplishment and you should be proud!  Keep working at that tier for a while.  You'll earn the experience points and silver (credits) you need to advance soon enough.  Even though I've grinded to tier 6 (I've bought a couple of premium ships higher than that), I still enjoy my tier 5 battles the most right now.

Keep plugging at it!  You'll get better, I promise!  Stick around the other player's ships for mutual protection and don't go off on your own until you feel you can do so.  You'll eventually find someone who'll give you help via chat - especially at the first of the battle before things get tense.  Again, if you see me, give me a holler!  I'll be more than happy to division with you and help you out!

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. I'm pretty much stuck w/what I got for now w/doubloons. I have to hand over a check for this leaky roof being fixed this week for $15K. Shot my wad for a while! :(  I can't do the upgrade either for a bit as it's very tight here. 

> back to the issues. I've stuck to "random" battles the last several days/sessions for a bit. I've tired of the co-ops as battling bots doesn't seem real, & everything I've read says you move up faster in Random+ modes. 

I'm Level 15 player, Level 5 ships/tier for the next few days/sessions at least. I'd surely do better at Co-Op as the bots ain't too smart & you can typically win those. So, guess I'm sticking to Random for awhile?

Couple issues bothering me. The "spreading" out of rounds at distance 10km & up cause 75% of my misses. The spread seems much worse for me than others? Or am i imagining things? Seems they hit every time, yet I miss again & again at what should be a good hit, even w/full broadside 9 of 10 shells miss. Sometimes the whole broadside doesn't hit anything. A splash is not a hit...but it's not games fault...  

{Sadly I must admit to being an old fart w/very bad health. Most relevant is eye trouble, = 2 displaced retina's, had two lens transplants, etc. I have some blind spots, & black "floaters," & the glasses are way off (Hard to keep up w/glasses due to the price.) I have since many old man hospitalizations...(been hospitalized 6 months of the last 24.) So me bottom line me eyes ain't good. WoW is one way I use to keep the eyes & me going = by playing numerous eye intensive games. Practice/fun makes me want to keep trying...}

Sorry about mentioning the last, but figured if your going to waist time on me, you should know what you're dealing with. I'm sorry about the typo's, I just blast it out, no word processor to use. So please excuse typo's, I just don't see'em. 

Anyway thank you all VERY MUCH for any help you feel like mentioning. It really helps....more than you know...

-K

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

Just an FYI, I seem to be stuck at Level 15, Random, Lvl V ships. System won't let me proceed from there. I'm about to give up; several crashes last time on. I don't know if it's the game or the system. Getting highly frustrating. As I'm now at a 1.5year life expectancy, got no time to waist on a game that holds you up deliberately in order to suck $ f/you. Docs are bad enough at that as it is. I can't afford or waist precious time. So...may be back occasionally...may not. Shame...really enjoyed the game...too bad you can't exchange doubloons from World of Tanks, or World of Warplanes to Warships. I could continue if they allowed that, but they do not apparently. So....have fun. Too bad it didn't work out....:cap_wander:

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

no one cares apparently....I'm gone from here until I get a better pc. 

I may play a few games now & then, but I doubt it will go further than that. 

Just a shame......:cap_wander:

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles
13 hours ago, Kanives_1 said:

no one cares apparently....I'm gone from here until I get a better pc. 

I may play a few games now & then, but I doubt it will go further than that. 

Just a shame......:cap_wander:

Kanives,

You said in your previous post that you are now at ... "1.5 year life expectancy" ... not sure what you are trying to say here, but if I were passing from this earth, I wouldn't be spending money playing a game.  There are a lot more exciting things to do.  You must have a better bucket list than this!

However, it isn't that "no one cares".  I think it's more that no one knows how to approach you after your previous post(s).  It's hard to take seriously a statement like what you just made.  My apologies if I am offending you, but ... again, ... I don't think anyone knows how to approach someone who says something like that in a forum like this (a gaming forum).

I'm not the expert you need to answer whatever questions you really have.  "The System" rankings don't go past level 15 - unless there is a ranked battle set up or the upcoming clan wars may figure into this.  Not sure until the new update comes out.  Some of us are experiencing system crashes.  I think there are bugs that need to be worked out of the software by WG, though I haven't seen much about what's being done as of yet.  They may still be trying to figure out what's wrong.  I don't know.

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
10 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Kanives,

You said in your previous post that you are now at ... "1.5 year life expectancy" ... not sure what you are trying to say here, but if I were passing from this earth, I wouldn't be spending money playing a game.  There are a lot more exciting things to do.  You must have a better bucket list than this!

However, it isn't that "no one cares".  I think it's more that no one knows how to approach you after your previous post(s).  It's hard to take seriously a statement like what you just made.  My apologies if I am offending you, but ... again, ... I don't think anyone knows how to approach someone who says something like that in a forum like this (a gaming forum).

I'm not the expert you need to answer whatever questions you really have.  "The System" rankings don't go past level 15 - unless there is a ranked battle set up or the upcoming clan wars may figure into this.  Not sure until the new update comes out.  Some of us are experiencing system crashes.  I think there are bugs that need to be worked out of the software by WG, though I haven't seen much about what's being done as of yet.  They may still be trying to figure out what's wrong.  I don't know.

I'm sorry; apologies. Sometimes I'm just too blunt & assume all understand. Basically the mind & bod is all screwed up from age/medical issues, & I don't really talk right anymore= this is why I don't do chat. Not having a word processor in Forums make it worse. Please excuse typo's & mis-saying things. It happens a lot on other sites too. 

Unlike most gamers, I've been gaming since PacMan & Asteroids. Before that various Pin-Ball games (60's.). Yes, I'm an old fart, in my mid-60's. Yes, the 1.5yr life expectancy is correct. I already had 3 pages w/medical provider of issues, until last year when I had something like 5+ heart attacks & a stroke over a several week period. After 3 months in hospital/ rehab, I'm now getting back to being coherent. 

I'm finally learning to walk again; getting out for 1/4 mile walks semi-daily when I feel well enough. But most of the time I have a hard time standing up, & use a cane & even a wheelchair at times. That's why I've gotten back into pc-gaming. There's not much I can do other than that, as-well-as chatting on various websites/etc. As I have CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Asthma, & other major issues I have not bothered to explain, until now.

The doc gave me a 1.5year lifespan left, about a year ago. Means I got maybe 6 months. :(  It really sux but that's life in the big city aye? W/6 months left, I'll never get to the upper levels in WoW. 

I discovered I'm too slow f/shooters; & really don't see well enough (failing eyesight) for [edited], WoWarplanes, or World of Tanks, so I have stuck w/WoWarships. It's slow enough w/Battleships that I can stay in a game longer. I tend to miss a lot of salvo's, surrounding targets w/o hitting anything. Kinda sucks but I still LOVE the game. Even if I'm taking a bit of abuse from other gamers f/being so bad....:P

So, hope that all was not too boring for ya'all, but I felt I needed to explain. Now it's out in the open. I hope ya'all can understand where I'm coming from....

All the best, 

-K

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,618 battles

I'm glad you explained what's happening to you, K - and I am really, truly sorry for you.  It's difficult to say more than that here.  This is a particularly strange forum to discuss such a subject.  It's good that you find solace in the game and here in the forum area.

What is happening to you is hardly "boring" - just difficult to discuss.

I hope you find what you are looking for in the game and here amongst your fellow captains/players.  God's Speed.

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles
19 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

I'm glad you explained what's happening to you, K - and I am really, truly sorry for you.  It's difficult to say more than that here.  This is a particularly strange forum to discuss such a subject.  It's good that you find solace in the game and here in the forum area.

What is happening to you is hardly "boring" - just difficult to discuss.

I hope you find what you are looking for in the game and here amongst your fellow captains/players.  God's Speed.

No worries bud; & don't feel sorry for me. I've had a sometimes wild, really rich, & fulfilling lifetime. I've made lots of friends & had a blast! Some of those friendships have spanned 50 years+. I've done more than most can even imagine; more than i can say here in less than a few sentences.

I only wish I could stay another decade or two just to see all the new goodies y'all are going to enjoy. Oh well, that's life man. None of us will get out of it alive so enjoy every day like it's your last. Time becomes more & more precious as you get older, so if in doubt, just do it! Take a chance, just go for it.  :)

Back to the game...

-K