You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

64 comments in this topic

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,666 battles

Ships should have the stat, % to be caught ON fire, I take out the Graf Spee 18% to flame, and the Khab is 8%  IMPOSSIBLE TOTALLY BROKEN,  you barely can get flames with a "18%" boat and with the Khab it is like 50%.  Enough with the flames already.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Khab also has a faster rof and more shells going down range. So it just seems like she's has a higher chance because of how many shells are going down range so fast.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,230 posts
3,871 battles

It's actually documented via training room tests that all Russian guns have much higher fire chances than advertised.

Someone compared like 50 targets worth of shooting between Shimakaze (With DE, 9%) and Khabarovsk (8% without modifiers), and stopped shooting an area of the target ship once a fire was set, and stopped entirely when the target was fully lit.

And Khabarovsk started like 4 times more fires in the same number of shell hits. He concluded that she's much closer to 20%, as an estimate accounting for RNG.

This was done back when Khabarovsk's shell damage and fire chances were buffed, January or thereabouts.

These kinds of tests were run with multiple comparable ships, too.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Called RoF. They pump out so many shells 8% suddenly gets a whole lot higher. Fire chance is as much a put % chance as it is about volume.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
22 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Khab also has a faster rof and more shells going down range. So it just seems like she's had a higher chance because of how many shells are going down range so fast.

This, the Atlanta is well known as a fire starter even though it has a 5% fire chance but when you throw that much napalm down range some of it will burn. People forget that fire chance is per shell that hits.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

This, the Atlanta is well known as a fire starter even though it has a 5% fire chance but when you throw that much napalm down range some of it will burn. People forget that fire chance is per shell that hits.

Throw 400 shells down range that hit(which Atlanta is perfectly capable of doing) 5% chance. That's possibly 20 fires started.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
445 posts
11,666 battles

Percentages are for each hit, not each shot fired, if you have a 30% hit rate that means of those 400 shells you fired 120 are hits according to your math then you can light 6 fires.  TOTALLY not the case with Khab and your reasoning is off, because chance to fire is 5% each time it is not cumulative, meaning for every hit you have a chance of just 5% to light a fire.  Or suppose to, which means that certain ships are more susceptible to getting lit on flames which enhances the chance to fire. That statistic should be listed as well.  But it is hidden, so one could theorize that ship vs ship damage ratios are behind the curtain, which means........BIAS.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,230 posts
3,871 battles
13 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Throw 400 shells down range that hit(which Atlanta is perfectly capable of doing) 5% chance. That's possibly 20 fires started.

100 shell hits with Shimakaze, shifting targets when a fire is lit and stopping when all targets are lit-- 9 fires.

DE. 9% fire chance.

100 shell hits with Khabarovsk, shifting targets when a fire is lit and stopping when all targets are lit-- 23 fires.

Without DE. 8% fire chance.

Repeatable over 50 training rooms.

Science.

Edited by AraAragami

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,764 posts
6,737 battles

Can someone post that picture with four anime girls, where one of them is banging her fists on the ground?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,230 posts
3,871 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Can someone post that picture with four anime girls, where one of them is banging her fists on the ground?

It's actually not applicable but here you go 

source.gif

• Cool 1

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
8 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

100 shell hits with Shimakaze, shifting targets when a fire is lit and stopping when all targets are lit-- 9 fires.

DE. 9% fire chance.

100 shell hits with Khabarovsk, shifting targets when a fire is lit and stopping when all targets are lit-- 23 fires.

Science.

If you can point to the source that did this test I'm all ears. Especially if that number of training room tests were actually conducted.

Edited by DeliciousFart

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

DE. 9% fire chance.

Science.

That's not science. That's a controlled experiment with very few details. Where did you shoot. How many shells hit out of a volley on average? I mean there's plenty of stuff you're not accounting for.

If that's science, pretty damn sloppy.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
9 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Percentages are for each hit, not each shot fired, if you have a 30% hit rate that means of those 400 shells you fired 120 are hits according to your math then you can light 6 fires.  TOTALLY not the case with Khab and your reasoning is off, because chance to fire is 5% each time it is not cumulative, meaning for every hit you have a chance of just 5% to light a fire.  Or suppose to, which means that certain ships are more susceptible to getting lit on flames which enhances the chance to fire. That statistic should be listed as well.  But it is hidden, so one could theorize that ship vs ship damage ratios are behind the curtain, which means........BIAS.

Someone is a little salty :Smile_popcorn:

[OPG]
Members
3,917 posts
5,510 battles

I can't speak for the Khabarovsk, but I have tested the Udaloi in a controlled environment.  I found that after 1200 shell hits the Udaloi's fire chance was averaging right around the calculated mean.

*edit

Of course this was done back in January so things could have changed.....but I'm very skeptical of such claims, especially with out hard evidence.  

Edited by yashma

Members
2,280 posts
7,381 battles
51 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

It's actually documented via training room tests that all Russian guns have much higher fire chances than advertised.

Someone compared like 50 targets worth of shooting between Shimakaze (With DE, 9%) and Khabarovsk (8% without modifiers), and stopped shooting an area of the target ship once a fire was set, and stopped entirely when the target was fully lit.

And Khabarovsk started like 4 times more fires in the same number of shell hits. He concluded that she's much closer to 20%, as an estimate accounting for RNG.

This was done back when Khabarovsk's shell damage and fire chances were buffed, January or thereabouts.

These kinds of tests were run with multiple comparable ships, too.

Many guys went after the "russian hidden fire chance" and no one found nothing. 

Its just your anti russian bias doing some work... 

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles

For me the Russian DD fire % seems to be about 1/2 the advertised rate.

And on the off chance I actually get one that [edited] goes behind an island or something so I can't stack & wind up with like 3k fire damage for the battle  :fish_boom:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,230 posts
3,871 battles
12 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Many guys went after the "russian hidden fire chance" and no one found nothing. 

Its just your anti russian bias doing some work... 

Anti-Russian bias. Right.

That's why my second most played destroyers are Russian.

Maybe I should do some science when I get home tonight so you apologists can eat your words.

Edited by AraAragami

Members
2,280 posts
7,381 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Maybe I should do some science when I get home tonight so you apologists can eat your words.

I said you have a anti russian bias, not that you are allergic to russian ships. 

If there is a hidden russian fire chance please show us. I could use some more fire chance on my russian ships. 

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
35 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Again, you can convince us by actually showing us the evidence to support your claim. Conduct an experiment, hopefully on video (screenshots may also do), to roughly gauge the fire chance. Make sure it's repeatable too.

Edited by DeliciousFart

[OPG]
Members
3,917 posts
5,510 battles
43 minutes ago, hoom said:

For me the Russian DD fire % seems to be about 1/2 the advertised rate.

And on the off chance I actually get one that [edited] goes behind an island or something so I can't stack & wind up with like 3k fire damage for the battle  :fish_boom:

Over a small enough sample size RNG can be a very fickle demon.

Take this battle I had in my Henri

Spoiler

shot-17.09.13_14.44.05-0469.jpg

Or this one in my Zao

Spoiler

IY3pM5J.jpg

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

pretty sure higher tier vs lower tier target can start more fires less reduction modifier  or something.  so a t10 starts  fires much easier on a t8 bb vs a t10 one.