You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles

no thoughts yet. BUT, your sig is one of the best movies I grew up loving..... cannot believe I almost forgot about that movie... well done...

• Cool 2

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
393 posts
5,406 battles

I seem to have a love hate relationship with this ship. There are games where it feels like I exceed with it, and others where I feel like I need To go back to square one. The rate of fire is decent enough and the mobility is nice. It is able to turn extremely quick and if mounted with the speed flag, it can cruise around 38 kts. The AP ruins other cruisers at close range with consistent cits, and the HE is ok. Definitely not up to par with other cruisers when it comes to HE. Avoid bb's. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
3 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

no thoughts yet. BUT, your sig is one of the best movies I grew up loving..... cannot believe I almost forgot about that movie... well done...

Try the movie silent running approx 1978???? its amazing.

• Cool 2

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
7 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I seem to have a love hate relationship with this ship. There are games where it feels like I exceed with it, and others where I feel like I need To go back to square one. The rate of fire is decent enough and the mobility is nice. It is able to turn extremely quick and if mounted with the speed flag, it can cruise around 38 kts. The AP ruins other cruisers at close range with consistent cits, and the HE is ok. Definitely not up to par with other cruisers when it comes to HE. Avoid bb's. 

All captain skills in every way.

The duca begs and begs hard for the 19 point captain.

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Just meh, can perform at times, fragile, big citidel and steering goes out a lot, dpm is poor, long range lots of shell shatters, poor HE performance, needs to run IFHE, close up the AP performs well, torps are there but only three per side, painfully slow while long ranged, not reliable damage tools -  much better tier 6 cruisers, but it is a very good looking ship.  

• Cool 1

Members
728 posts
3,810 battles

I have a great time in mine.  But for me (a less than stellar player to begin with), it is feast or famine.  I have my captain up to 8 pts.  I think getting a 19pt captain on this boat will make a whole world of difference.

~B

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Fast, fast fast. Guns aim and hit beautifully, but damage output is anemic so you need to stay on your toes and kite away when concentrated.

I got the torpedo "upgrade" that knocks the range down from 12 to 10, but they are much faster and hit very very hard. I think this skill makes them more useful.

I enjoy it, but it can't carry on it's own. Needs a coordinated team.

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
456 posts
6,988 battles

This ship shines in a 1vs1, even against BBs. That's why it needs a coordinated team and play the objectives, the Duca is a pain in the [edited] to fight while capping, and she simply can't resist concentrated fire. Being so fast and agile makes her annoying to BBs that expect easy citadel hits.

The torps are a special bonus. Have gotten 6 hits in 7 matches, all as area-denial or fire-and-forget. One full minute after I fired them and hunting another ship I get the torpedo ribbon. 

Edited by hanesco
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,041 posts
11,539 battles

It's one of my favorite ships to play.  It requires a high skill captain though, playing with a low skill captain is frustrating at best.

Members
728 posts
3,810 battles
On 9/18/2017 at 5:44 AM, hanesco said:

The torps are a special bonus. Have gotten 6 hits in 7 matches, all as area-denial or fire-and-forget. One full minute after I fired them and hunting another ship I get the torpedo ribbon. 

Yeah, I seem to get a torp hit or two each match.  They really DO work as long as you are in no all fired hurry.

~B