You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkKrickett

Friendly Fire

77 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
88 battles

Something should be done about this friendly fire [edited].  3 times I have been attacked by an ally at the VERY start of the game now if I defend myself I go pink if I do NOT defend myself I die and just WASTED a whole lot of time and get no xp for the match. Now I know it doesn't happen often but crap like that needs to be addressed as it doesn't make for a fun game when some d-bag can ruin your day by attacking you on purpose at the beginning of a fight, and if it happens to be a DD well lights out once they broadside you with torps.

People who do this should be banned perma 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

Another problem that would've been solved by the simple, complete removal of friendly team damage.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,458 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

Cant pleases everyone on Earth at Once, it will defeated the meaning of REAL LIFE

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
51 minutes ago, DarkKrickett said:

Something should be done about this friendly fire [edited].  3 times I have been attacked by an ally at the VERY start of the game now if I defend myself I go pink if I do NOT defend myself I die and just WASTED a whole lot of time and get no xp for the match. Now I know it doesn't happen often but crap like that needs to be addressed as it doesn't make for a fun game when some d-bag can ruin your day by attacking you on purpose at the beginning of a fight, and if it happens to be a DD well lights out once they broadside you with torps.

Torping bad team mates is a part of life in the na.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,938 posts
6,440 battles

6Xo3lwb.jpg,

this sort of stuff is what you should expect from low tier, and defending yourself, doesn't matter, you'll go pink even if you're defending your ship, which i honestly think is kinda a load of bull, especially at high tiers

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 hour ago, DarkKrickett said:

wwhIoDu.gif

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

Another problem that would've been solved by the simple, complete removal of friendly team damage.

Or a better system for sorting out and punishing repeat offenders.  Make it so a repeat offenders isn't pink, instead mark them a different color and remove the friendly fire penalty against them.   Then you can ban them after we have some fun with them.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
35 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

Or a better system for sorting out and punishing repeat offenders.  Make it so a repeat offenders isn't pink, instead mark them a different color and remove the friendly fire penalty against them.   Then you can ban them after we have some fun with them.

I see nothing to gain by changing the system to encourage teamkilling.

No matter how you justify it, it still leaves your team down a ship.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
78 posts
4,455 battles
9 minutes ago, issm said:

Turn it off. No more problem.

I don't think you can, for torpedos at least.  Letting people spam them everywhere with no regard to the situation just makes the game more arcadey.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
Just now, Paulbearer82 said:

I don't think you can, for torpedos at least.  Letting people spam them everywhere with no regard to the situation just makes the game more arcadey.

This is such a stupid argument and I'm getting tired of debunking it.

• Cool 1

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
5 minutes ago, Paulbearer82 said:

How exactly do you get more arcadey than tactical beaching?

Members
17,785 posts
5,084 battles
4 minutes ago, issm said:

How exactly do you get more arcadey than tactical beaching?

Why, MORE tactical beaching of course.....

[WOLF4]
Members
78 posts
4,455 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

This is such a stupid argument and I'm getting tired of debunking it.

Fair enough, fixed.

1 hour ago, Paulbearer82 said:

images (2).jpg

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
21 minutes ago, Paulbearer82 said:

Fair enough, fixed.

No, your argument is even more stupid.

Let's take a quick look at the game, shall we?

Heal - not arcadey.

Damage saturation - not arcadey.

Instant repairs - not arcadey

Being able to ram an allied ship head on at max seed - not arcadey

Guaranteed detection within 2 km even if there's an island between you= not arcadey.

Regular torp spamming - not arcadey.

Torp spamming with potential allies in front (which people do anyway) - le gasp, how dare you suggest this.

• Cool 1

Members
2,274 posts
7,344 battles

WG should give time ban to guys that are constantly pink. They are either troll or really bad players. 

One time - its ok, it happens.

Two in a short time - pay attention.

Three or more - time ban, hours, days weeks. 

Easy way to fix. 

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
4 hours ago, DarkKrickett said:

If you have replays enabled, then send the replay in a support ticket and WG will address.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

WG should give time ban to guys that are constantly pink. They are either troll or really bad players. 

One time - its ok, it happens.

Two in a short time - pay attention.

Three or more - time ban, hours, days weeks. 

Easy way to fix. 

Or

And stick with me, here

Or

we can not bother with this kind of heavy-handed punishment by just taking away the ability to commit the infraction in the first place.

What makes more sense, here? Punish the criminal even more harshly next time he stabs someone, or take away his knife so he can't stab someone in the first place?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

I don't understand how people have so much trouble with FF/tkers.  In the 4K+ matches I've played I think I've only been intentionally tked once, and accidentally tked fewer than 5 or 6 times.  Granted I rarely play matches below tier 5 anymore, but I would expect to see it more often if it were so rampant. 

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

It isn't that it happens often. It's that it happens at all.

And no I'm not going to forget or forgive the incidents(!) where an allied battleship shot and sank my Tashkent for not having smoke mounted.

• Cool 1

Members
2,274 posts
7,344 battles
12 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Or

And stick with me, here

Or

we can not bother with this kind of heavy-handed punishment by just taking away the ability to commit the infraction in the first place.

What makes more sense, here? Punish the criminal even more harshly next time he stabs someone, or take away his knife so he can't stab someone in the first place?

Punish even harder IMO. Remove friendly fire is just a reward and incentive to trolls.

If the guy want to troll someones game you punish him, and not reward him.