You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColdCast253

Dear Wargaming

5 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Beta Testers
173 posts
8,353 battles

Buy more damn servers. Seriously.

I have been sitting at 400+ ping since the most recent patch (0.6.10.1) was released. I don't know what you did. I don't know how many extra people are populating the servers since the anniversary special was announced, but something is seriously, seriously wrong. Normally this type of lag seems to go away after a day or two. Occasionally a clean install is needed. Nothing of the sort has worked, and I can confidently say that nothing on my end is contributing to the problem. Only my connection to Wargaming servers appears to produce a ping so entirely unplayable, main gun turrets don't fire because my clicks don't make it through to the other side. 

Fix it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

It's not the servers themselves, it's the routing to their servers. If it was the servers themselves, everyone would have the same issue.

As for why this slow-down and why you and why now, I don't know.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,575 posts
4,948 battles

Have you though it on your end? Have you run a ping plotter? Have you opened a ticket? Do you blame others for your issues?

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
54 minutes ago, ColdCast253 said:

Buy more damn servers. Seriously.

I have been sitting at 400+ ping since the most recent patch (0.6.10.1) was released. I don't know what you did. I don't know how many extra people are populating the servers since the anniversary special was announced, but something is seriously, seriously wrong. Normally this type of lag seems to go away after a day or two. Occasionally a clean install is needed. Nothing of the sort has worked, and I can confidently say that nothing on my end is contributing to the problem. Only my connection to Wargaming servers appears to produce a ping so entirely unplayable, main gun turrets don't fire because my clicks don't make it through to the other side. 

Fix it.

Dear ColdCast253,

Stop blaming WG for something that is obviously on your end.  If it was WG everyone would have this problem, not just a select few.  Learn how systems work before you complain that they don't.

You Fix It

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Here let me help...

First you need to know how to use Trace Route.

http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html

Then you need to get the IP address of the WoWS NA server you're connecting to...

Now you run Trace Route using that IP and see where on the path from you to WoWS's NA server the slowdown is. Once you know for sure who is causing the problem, complain to them. Just do an IP lookup on the slow point to see who that is. I once had to do this to get Level 3, a company that managed the hop from Time Warner to Blizzard, to fix their problem that was giving me unplayable lag and disconnects. 

Good luck.