Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Early question but

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

Anyone made progress yet on the 2nd anniversary camos? Just unlocked mine for Kiev, and looks pretty good at her:

qRgqkIR.jpg

KyA6TV3.jpg

Don't have the other ships yet, but kinda gives me some motivation to grind to them, since having a T8 that can help farm free XP sounds inviting.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles

I have all but the Charles Martel one (and of course the Monarch one).  They look nice, glad to have them. Kinda irritating that I spent money on the Kiev and Z-23 premium camos which don't look as good or have as good of bonuses as the free ones from this event.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
38 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have all but the Charles Martel one (and of course the Monarch one).  They look nice, glad to have them. Kinda irritating that I spent money on the Kiev and Z-23 premium camos which don't look as good or have as good of bonuses as the free ones from this event.

What benefits do these camos have that the permanent ones don't?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles
46 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

What benefits do these camos have that the permanent ones don't?

Both have the standard benefits of course. 

But the new ones have +50% to both Free XP and Commander XP. They do not have the -10% resupply cost of the old premium camo but IMO that is not nearly as good as the new camos bonuses. 

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,969 battles
1 hour ago, sbcptnitro said:

@Ducky_shot just completed all four collections.

I was home sick yesterday and had nothing better to do than play wows.... Got all but the French one done yesterday and got 2 quick achievements this morning to finish that one off.

I know @Mejash was running last night with the camo on his Monarch, so I assume he finished them off as well.

Most of them are pretty easy to do, but the ones where specific types of damage are needed to be done are definitely harder. It took 3 tries to get the Japanese one, probably 4 to get the Russian dd one. Didn't have an applicable French ship which is why I skipped it.

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You're not allowed to sell back camo that has been purchased?  Even for a "restocking" fee?

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,655 battles

Haven't unlocked the camos yet but plan on doing so before it ends.

The Kiev is a keeper in my port.

I sold the New Orleans because it wasn't keeper material.  I may buy it back just so I can equip the camo.  I did the same thing with the Farragut when I got the Santa camos.

Are the Charles Martel and Z-23 keeper ships?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles
24 minutes ago, surratus said:

You're not allowed to sell back camo that has been purchased?  Even for a "restocking" fee?

Not premium camos.

11 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Haven't unlocked the camos yet but plan on doing so before it ends.

The Kiev is a keeper in my port.

I sold the New Orleans because it wasn't keeper material.  I may buy it back just so I can equip the camo.  I did the same thing with the Farragut when I got the Santa camos.

Are the Charles Martel and Z-23 keeper ships?

I bought the NO back too just to put the camo on it, but probably won't ever sail her again. 

But the Martel and the Z-23 are keepers IMO.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles

What do you have to do to earn these camos?  I know that you have to collect items for the 4 collections.  But what do you have to do to actually get the items themselves?  This is very unclear.

Can they be earned in coop?  Are they randoms only?  What tiers have to be used or are there no limits?  Some clarity would be appreciated.

Edited by Crucis

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

The only one that's a keeper for me is the Martel.  The Z-23 would be if I didn't have the Lo Yang I guess.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,655 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

What do you have to do to earn these camos?  I know that you have to collect items for the 4 collections.  But what do you have to do to actually get the items themselves?  This is very unclear.

Can they be earned in coop?  Are they randoms only?  What tiers have to be used or are there no limits?  Some clarity would be appreciated.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/136771-wows-2nd-anniversary-achievements-list/

Can get 1 collection item per achievement per day.  Total of 16 achievement that reward their own unique collection item.  2 of the achievements can be earned in co-op.  So if you do each of those co-op ones every day for the remainder of the event, you will have 2 of the collection items and enough duplicates to get the remaining 14 collection items.  Of course, if you don't want all 4 of the camos, you can turn in duplicates to get the collection items for the ones you do want (there are 4 collection sets, 1 per each camo.  4 items per set).

Sign in to follow this