You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheURLGuy

BIRTHDAY PARTY! - WoWS 2nd Birthday COMMUNITY SCOOP!

21 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
105 posts
694 battles

happy+birthday+2+years+old.jpg

Sup. 

World of Warships turns two! They grow up so fast! :fish_cute_2: Bring a "gift" of a cool Scoop submission to be featured on WorldofWarships.com.

Short Writing (Single Paragraph), Video, or Pics/Memes

• Favorite World of Warships memory
  • Story of an early experience getting started in World of Warships
  • What you hope to see from World of Warships over the next year. 

SAME RULES ON COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND COPYRIGHT STUFF APPLY, FOLKS! 

Join the party! 

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

During the early days on warships, I was sailing a kitakami and I ran into a island after dropping torps into some enemy ships... Well u see, my ship perform a titanic and got stuck and was haft way in water and haft way out... It was fun at the time but annoying since I could easy be kill now...

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
456 posts
5,916 battles

My best (recent) memory was of taking out an enemy CV in one salvo during a battle - from a distance of 20km while driving Fuso.  He made the mistake of hiding behind an island, thinking he was safe.

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
1,088 posts
4,142 battles

Early on when I still played PVP I came around an island thinking I would find a BB hiding but instead there was two and they were not paying attention.  I was in my Clemson so I sailed right between them firing off torps from both sides.   It was a beautiful thing.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,575 battles

One time at Ship Camp, like two years ago, I got a Kraken with my Umikaze.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,175 posts
3,867 battles

I haven't actually gotten any of the anniversary goods so I don't feel like I can comment.

No missions, no containers, nothing appears in my client.

Edited by AraAragami

[RST]
[RST]
Members
170 posts
14,576 battles

My favorite World of Warships memory was the first time I played it at PAX. Getting into the small booth with only 4 machines and thinking "Well I can't as bad at it as I am with World of Tanks". Turns out my first time playing I was. Though getting the shirt saying "Warships Happens" was great. My hope for the next year is for adding of other nation's fleets and adding more branches on the current existing trees. 

-Shadewe

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

Mine is from my best match, right before fubuki got moved to t6.  fubuki was my favorite DD at the time and great way to end its career.      this was great match filled with good players on both teams.    the map was tear of cruisers and was epicenter .         hard fought match  where our team managed to control the center early by defeating red team's DDs, followed by strong push from red team  to win it.  They almost succeeded.    There was  lot of strong play by players on both team and very memorable for me.   too bad the replay got lost when wowsreplay got taken offline.  (not that we could play it back)

r2nx5e.jpg

• Cool 1

[DERP]
[DERP]
Beta Testers
2 posts
3,247 battles

My favorite recent memory of warships was when 3 of my friends and I wanted to spend a combined $210 on gold to convert free XP for trumpwagons but WG said NA only gets captain XP conversion. gg WG

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
601 posts

Happy birthday WG!  Still love the game. 

Other than the NEW sale anniversary box stuff, I'm not seeing any price drops especially on all regular items. The same price as always for everything.   I spent quite a lot of money on this game and been here from the start. So wish they'd offer some better bargains instead of earning rewards through copious play.  When the "percentage off specials" are always the same, it's not a special!  Example: All Bonus Flags, -26% forever, still $14.99    

Won't buy them for $20, and won't buy them for $15. 

It feels like a constant state of manipulation. But you can play for FREE!

Oh I forgot, it's THEIR birthday. I should be spending more, not less :Smile_great:

Seriously, happy birthday WG 

[SWBH]
Members
269 posts
9,532 battles

my best memory is when i broke 100,000 hit point damage.i used saipan   HAPPY BIRTHDAY and wish you many many more.

Members
270 posts
85 battles

I used to try to chase down carriers in a St Louis. There it's out in the open now and I feel better. Sort of.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

My most vivid memory is seeing a commercial for a new game called "World of Warships" on the TV (Maybe during the Super Bowl?).  Being a huge Naval buff, I was extremely interested and excited, however at the time, I didn't think my PC could run the game, so I did nothing.  A few months later, I decided to try the game, which ended up working perfectly on my PC.  I've been a WoWs addict ever since.  

Thanks WG!  Happy Birthday and keep up the good work! :Smile_honoring:

b

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Back when it was just USN vs IJN.  Torpedo rushed two BBs in close proximity to each other.  While driving the Clemson in a straight line right between them, I blasted one BB with all six port torpedoes then immediately blasted the other with all starboard torpedoes.  Sunk both and survived the match to tell the tale.  Felt [edited] awesome.

I'll never forget it.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,805 posts
4,224 battles

Broke 200k with Strike Ranger. That was my best game ever.

Aside from that, I think the Montana battle where I citted a GK through the bow was pretty good. What was funnier was that I immediately did it again afterwards.

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles
On 9/18/2017 at 4:53 PM, bassmasta76 said:

My most vivid memory is seeing a commercial for a new game called "World of Warships" on the TV (Maybe during the Super Bowl?).  Being a huge Naval buff, I was extremely interested and excited, however at the time, I didn't think my PC could run the game, so I did nothing.  A few months later, I decided to try the game, which ended up working perfectly on my PC.  I've been a WoWs addict ever since.  

Thanks WG!  Happy Birthday and keep up the good work! :Smile_honoring:

b

Hey! Bassmasta! :)

[TF16B]
Members
173 posts
8,852 battles

My fondest memory was when 2 of my friends introduced me to this game in October 2015 and they started me in co-op ( I did not know what co-op was) and I was wondering why I kept seeing those same names over and over again on the red team =)

• Cool 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles

My greatest memory was an interesting one. 

Last ranked season, I  was in my Myoko on Ice Islands. My team wasn't doing well, so I decided to flank North-East and try to attack an enemy DD. I kill him, and return to the fleet.

Anyhoo, about 5 minutes later, I launch torpedoes at another enemy Myoko. (I had 3 kills at this point.) I was feeling pretty good about my points, and carrying the team. A few seconds later, I hear a boom and realize that I took out our Mahan. Apparently, he had set up a smoke screen right after I had launched my torps. *Sigh*

I lose one kill. I'm down to 2 kills. Maybe 4 minutes later, I see another enemy, this time a Colorado. (I was playing Ranked Battles) I launch torps again. 

LITERALLY 30 SECONDS LATER:

"You've killed a friendly!" 

WHAAAAATTT?????? :cap_fainting:

I'm down to 1 kill! ONE KILL! On ranked battles! I just doomed my team to die!

I even announced to my team when I was launching them and what direction.

Needless to say, my team was a good one. They didn't got mad, and instead thanked me for carrying the game. o7 guys. :Smile_medal:

Now, for a short paragraph?

I loved love trolling enemy CVs in my DDs by blocking the enemy from hitting me. :Smile_teethhappy: I also trolled them in chat, like:

Hey there! I don't want to hurt you. I even got in a Youtube vid once for that.