You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Edgecase

How many battles?

15 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,039 posts
12,535 battles

So I noticed a weird discrepancy today.

EG2SlNk.png vEWQH61.png

My website profile and my forum profile list a different number of battles played, by just over a thousand matches. Normally, I wouldn't particularly care about the difference, but since the upcoming Anniversary event is based on the number of games played, I'm wondering which one will be considered correct?

I'm also rather curious where the discrepancy comes from. I'm pretty sure I haven't played 1000 co-op games, nor PTS, or anything approaching that level. Any ideas?

Edited by Edgecase

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

The only thing I've noticed about the forum count is that it include all types of battles fought which would include Random, Co-Op, Ranked, Team and Scenario battles.  If that doesn't account for everything, you might want so send in a report ticket to WG

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,039 posts
12,535 battles
2 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

The only thing I've noticed about the forum count is that it include all types of battles fought which would include Random, Co-Op, Ranked, Team and Scenario battles.  If that doesn't account for everything, you might want so send in a report ticket to WG

Ah, I didn't realize it was leaving Ranked Battles out. I thought it was all PvP types. That would do it, thanks.

I'm hoping they use the larger number for the rewards. I feel like those Ranked matches were hard fought. :Smile_smile:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is the Forums,everything in the forums is to be taken with a grain of doubting salt. Facts in this forum are bent twisted realigned mutilated and fixed to fit any argument.

I am that Doubting Thomas when it comes to the Facts presented in this forum or any form of Internet communication. 

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is the Forums,everything in the forums is to be taken with a grain of doubting salt. Facts in this forum are bent twisted realigned mutilated and fixed to fit any argument.

I am that Doubting Thomas when it comes to the Facts presented in this forum or any form of Internet communication. 

Nice to know.

Edgecase, 

I believe it counts all battles of any type however, for rewards purposes, battles past 3,000 are not considered.  

For example, one of the rewards you can get are are 10 premium cammos and 10 each of the new premium signal flag for fighting two battles in any mode in any ship.  I have 3,000 so, I will get triple the base reward.  You have over 8,000 battles but since the reward only considers battles up to 3,000, you will get the same reward as I will. 

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
3 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Nice to know.

Edgecase, 

I believe it counts all battles of any type however, for rewards purposes, battles past 3,000 are not considered.  

For example, one of the rewards you can get are are 10 premium cammos and 10 each of the new premium signal flag for fighting two battles in any mode in any ship.  I have 3,000 so, I will get triple the base reward.  You have over 8,000 battles but since the reward only considers battles up to 3,000, you will get the same reward as I will. 

HUH ? obviously not

its 10 flags of each mentioned (5 types into consideration) so 50 per 1k battles so if someone has 8k battles he getting 400 flags and you are getting 150 flags. Or what I am missing?

Edited by Pata1985

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,039 posts
12,535 battles
5 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

its 10 flags of each mentioned (5 types into consideration) so 50 per 1k battles so if someone has 8k battles he getting 400 flags and you are getting 150 flags. Or what I am missing?

There was some question earlier about whether "150 max" meant "5 flag types * 30 of each = 150 flags" (which would cap at 3,000 battles), or if it meant "150 of each type" (which would cap at 15,000 battles). I'm pretty sure it's the second one, though I'm not sure if that was ever officially stated.

Edit:
Here, this is the phrase in question.

LIfdCX7.png

Edited by Edgecase

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

First pic is random battles (PVP) 2nd is including ranks and PVE.

It also includes any Operations battles.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
32 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

There was some question earlier about whether "150 max" meant "5 flag types * 30 of each = 150 flags" (which would cap at 3,000 battles), or if it meant "150 of each type" (which would cap at 15,000 battles). I'm pretty sure it's the second one, though I'm not sure if that was ever officially stated.

Edit:

LIfdCX7.png

For every 1,000 battles you receive 10 of  each of the special flags ( 10 flags x 5 types of flags equal 50 flags for each 1,000 battles).  

If you have 1,000 games, you get 50 flags in total.

If you have 2,000 games, you get 100 flags in total (50 flags per 1,000 battles =  50 x 2 = 100 flags in total)

If you have 3,000 games, you get 150 flags in total (50 flags per 1,000 battles =  50 x 3 = 150 flags in total).

Since you can't earn more that 150 signal flags in total, no additional flags are available for battle counts exceeding 3,000.  

Now, WG may intend something else, but that's how it's written. 

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
33 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

For every 1,000 battles you receive 10 of  each of the special flags ( 10 flags x 5 types of flags equal 50 flags for each 1,000 battles).  

If you have 2,000 games, you get 100 flags in total (50 flags per 1,000 battles =  50 x 2 = 100 flags in total)

If you have 3,000 games, you get 150 flags in total (50 flags per 1,000 battles =  50 x 3 = 150 flags in total).

Since you can't earn more that 150 signal flags in total, no additional flags are available for battle counts exceeding 3,000.  

1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Nice to know.

Edgecase, 

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Edit:

LIfdCX7.png

If you guys read the WoW's ASIA homepage, it clearly says that we (or them in this case lol) will receive 50 flags per 1k battles. Middle of the page, in red letters.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/2nd-anniversary-event/

I hope it is the same here.

[GRRR]
[GRRR]
Members
586 posts
20,679 battles
36 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

This sucks, total rip-off. I'm feeling dis-inherited, dis-enfranchised, dis, dis, well anyway I'm expecting no less than 22,500 flags.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
2 hours ago, Pata1985 said:

If you guys read the WoW's ASIA homepage, it clearly says that we (or them in this case lol) will receive 50 flags per 1k battles. Middle of the page, in red letters.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/2nd-anniversary-event/

I hope it is the same here.

Well I'm glad for all our Asian friends that the will be able to earn up to 750 signal flags in their event.  But the event described on the NA site clearly states that a player can be awarded a maximum of 150 flags. Either the event is going to have different rewards on the Asian server or the awards on one of the servers are not being described correctly.