You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SpudZero

Big Weekend coming up! don't miss it!!

52 comments in this topic

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

I don't play DD's all that much any more, but it's still a great weekend to take advantage of some cool deals. 

Anniversary Destroyer Weekend

Discounts on Premium consumables, various ship classes and tiers, Port slots, Elite XP to Free XP conversion, plus Sims bundles!

This is the 1 doubloon = 35 XP everyone is always talking about yes? and that's This weekend by the looks of it.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Happy Anniversary WG!!!!!!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,720 posts
9,426 battles

Since 6.3, Sims is basically unplayable. 

The gun bloom, due to its long main gun range, is downright punitive considering the 5"/38 arcs make most of that range useless. 

It's only really useful as a torp spammer now, with those fast reloading water mines. 

Anyone with a brain won't buy the Sims. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,511 battles
2 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

You realize that's not the part the OP put in bright green bold underlined large font and commented on, right?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
6 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

The gun bloom, due to its long main gun range, is downright punitive considering the 5"/38 arcs make most of that range useless. 

It's only really useful as a torp spammer now, with those fast reloading water mines. 

When was Sims even remotely playable before OWSF was gone. To hit something you had to be in visual range anyways since she's best at fighting for caps.

So really what changed for the ship. You were always spotted anyways when you opened up with guns. And trying to stealth fire with that ship? If you could, only ships you could hit with those guns were brain dead battleships.

So really? Why all the moaning and wailing. And please realize I've had the Sims since it was first offered.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am gonna cash in my doubloons for FXP, but still gonna be short of the Nelson.

Currently got 200 for the Corgi event. Might trade them in since 200 really does squat anyways.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
11,317 battles
1 minute ago, IronWolfV said:

Currently got 200 for the Corgi event. Might trade them in since 200 really does squat anyways.

Same basic position, got like 1500 from event winnings so I might as well accelerate my path to the Nelson.  Course then we will see I am not tempted to just buy myself the rest of the way lol.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,720 posts
9,426 battles
13 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

You realize that's not the part the OP put in bright green bold underlined large font and commented on, right?

It was in the OP and thus relevant to comment on. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,720 posts
9,426 battles
8 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

When was Sims even remotely playable before OWSF was gone. To hit something you had to be in visual range anyways since she's best at fighting for caps.

So really what changed for the ship. You were always spotted anyways when you opened up with guns. And trying to stealth fire with that ship? If you could, only ships you could hit with those guns were brain dead battleships.

So really? Why all the moaning and wailing. And please realize I've had the Sims since it was first offered.

Don't play stupid. You know damm well the issues that OWSF removal has caused 5"/38 armed DDs. It's been spelled out a hundred times. 

If I was not on mobile I would just copy/paste one of the dozens of write-ups on the subject, preferably from a thread that you commented on. 

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles

but but... i have a new Game to play coming out today....

Anyone know for sure if the Play 1 game in a T10 ship - 1 Super container can be done in Coop ?  I'm sure hoping so.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Anyone know for sure if the Play 1 game in a T10 ship - 1 Super container can be done in Coop ?  I'm sure hoping so.

It's 2 games now, they UP'd it. and as far as I know, CO-OP is still ok for this one.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
30 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Also Sums is still hilariously awesome at cap contests. People that complain about gun bloom "ruining the ship" don't play it right. 

• Cool 2

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

It's 2 games now, they UP'd it. and as far as I know, CO-OP is still ok for this one.

2 isnt to bad i guess.   Can be in and out of a COOP game in 4-6min pending ship.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles
7 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Which one?

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
15 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Don't play stupid. You know damm well the issues that OWSF removal has caused 5"/38 armed DDs. It's been spelled out a hundred times. 

If I was not on mobile I would just copy/paste one of the dozens of write-ups on the subject, preferably from a thread that you commented on. 

Only one it really changed was Gearing. Rest really couldn't do it very well. They are KNIFE FIGHTERS.

So spare me the self righteous bull.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
30 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

The gun arc change really hurt the Sims. Before that it was a beast to be feared.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The gun arc change really hurt the Sims. Before that it was a beast to be feared.

There was no gun arc change. What changed was the maneuverability of enemy BBs.

And one thing that really hurt Sims was the huge smoke nerf, when they pretty much halved the duration and the number of charges :) But this has been so long ago, same with the change mentioned in the previous paragraph. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
11 minutes ago, vak_ said:

There was no gun arc change. What changed was the maneuverability of enemy BBs.

And one thing that really hurt Sims was the huge smoke nerf, when they pretty much halved the duration and the number of charges :) But this has been so long ago, same with the change mentioned in the previous paragraph. 

So folks would spend skill points on smoke and consumable upgrades in the captain tree.

Members
1,936 posts

Was retraining a Captain to put on Farragut , 9 points.

I put him on Sims but forgot to actually select any skills (oops) making him 0 points for this tier 8 battle I got in.

Long story short I ended up with 2200 base XP and over 500k credits  (like 450 was profit) and getting all the 20k captain XP I needed.

Consider Sims the best  20ish bucks I've spent in wows. My favorite DD 'dog fighter' tier for tier. Even the Sea Mines are really useful for spamming smoke with the really short reload.

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,812 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Meh I love my Sims, don't regret buying it at all... do wish the torps hit a bit harder but no big deal

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
13 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Meh I love my Sims, don't regret buying it at all... do wish the torps hit a bit harder but no big deal

If they buffed the range of 5.5km torpedoes to 6.5 (7 ideally) I would be soooo happy

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,000 battles

I love my sims, and it was a steal for $17.xx in July. 

I wanted a US DD trainer, but I didn't think I'd like it all that much because I really dont do well with farragut or mahan even though my nicholas game is good.  I play it like i play nich and i rock with sims.   I've seen some of my highest outright base xp games in sims.  

Wish I could mount my smoke module on her, but I would lose AA range.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

I play Sims the same as I did before the mechanic change, she plays the same today as she did then. She's just fine.