You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

When your shinning moment crashes and burns

22 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles

So i have played roughly over 7k games Solo including Co Op.

Might Have played 1 division game when i first started some time ago around my 100th game.

But anyway last night i was on a nice 10 game winning streak till i suffered a loss and that team had one of those purple Unicum guys on it.

After the match i got a division request from that purple Unicum guy and later his friend and at first was shocked and then that feeling of oh god please do not turn to a potato like Cinderella after midnight came over me.

Well you can imagine what happened the first 2 games yeah full tater 3rd game semi tater,  the feeling was awful i completely zoned out 2 of the 3 games paying more attention to my division mates more than the enemies or where i was on the map.

By the 3rd game i was starting to regain some sense of direction but still had not played the type of game i normally bring in my Cruisers or BB's sometimes DD's 

So i said my apologies said thank you for the invite then went back to my Solo play where i carried 4 out the next 5 straight wins in a row so go figure.

• Cool 2

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

I feel for you, but look on the bright side, you were, and obviously still are good enough to get the attention of one of the purple god's, it'll happen again, and maybe then you'll shine bright! well done in any case. 

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles
12 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I feel for you, but look on the bright side, you were, and obviously still are good enough to get the attention of one of the purple god's, it'll happen again, and maybe then you'll shine bright! well done in any case. 

I think i need to go out and start playing more division games and just get more comfortable in that type of game play. 

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I did something similar with Tanks.  A real world friend got me playing the game and got me in on tourney teams after I had a few thousand battles under my belt.  They were all blue and purple players that didn't know me from a hole in the ground and pretty well every time we played, I went full potato.  I felt so bad about it lol.  The biggest difference is that I was never anywhere near as good at it as you're becoming at this game.

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
26 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Might Have played 1 division game when i first started some time ago around my 100th game.

But anyway last night i was on a nice 10 game winning streak till i suffered a loss and that team had one of those purple Unicum guys on it.

After the match i got a division request from that purple Unicum guy and later his friend and at first was shocked and then that feeling of oh god please do not turn to a potato like Cinderella after midnight came over me.

Well you can imagine what happened the first 2 games yeah full tater 3rd game semi tater,  the feeling was awful i completely zoned out 2 of the 3 games paying more attention to my division mates more than the enemies or where i was on the map.

By the 3rd game i was starting to regain some sense of direction but still had not played the type of game i normally bring in my Cruisers or BB's sometimes DD's 

So i said my apologies said thank you for the invite then went back to my Solo play where i carried 4 out the next 5 straight wins in a row so go figure.

Do not worry about that

It is extremely common for that to happen, everyone gets the jitters.

Playing in a platoon well takes an expanded skill set,  practice and good platoon mates.

The best to master is communication and coordination.

Just relax 

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

I feel ya mate.  I've gone full on spud at times when I run into well known players, CCs or others in a match... not always, but it happens.  

Btw, I've seen you many times on both sides of the map.  Next time I'll make a point to say hi.  :Smile_honoring:

B

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

7k games played and u get amped up in a division?   Hehe.  

If you left div on your own, then alls well.  If they booted you, then you potatoed too hard.  lol.  

I typically don't pay that much attention to my div mates, other than making sure i slow play a little and don't get too far ahead of them.  

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles
47 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ready? Ready!

funny lol disney cartoon laughing GIF

Whew, sorry, that is one of the funniest I've read in a while.

Honestly I don't see much difference between solo and div play. Only change is you have 1-2 players that showed interest in making a group. I don't really care about impressing my div mates either, just play as I normally do.

Though, if we're in Discord or TS, we'll coordinate a lot more.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Ready? Ready!

funny lol disney cartoon laughing GIF

Whew, sorry, that is one of the funniest I've read in a while.

Honestly I don't see much difference between solo and div play. Only change is you have 1-2 players that showed interest in making a group. I don't really care about impressing my div mates either, just play as I normally do.

Though, if we're in Discord or TS, we'll coordinate a lot more.

Haha yeah I Rey I deserve that one.  Not being in Discord or TS i should have just carried on as normal 

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles
17 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

7k games played and u get amped up in a division?   Hehe.  

If you left div on your own, then alls well.  If they booted you, then you potatoed too hard.  lol.  

I typically don't pay that much attention to my div mates, other than making sure i slow play a little and don't get too far ahead of them.  

nah i left on my own i figured they had suffered enough lol

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles

I know what you mean. In WoT, I had a few invites to platoon with unis, and it went pretty much like you describe.

Was so used to playing my own game, that I did horribly lol.

I can't speak for a player who usually divisions going solo, but the reverse is not as simple as "division with good players, get better results". Although, to be fair, the slower pace of WoWS might make it easier.

[HEROS]
Members
1,402 posts
11,831 battles

Running in a division can be an entirely different mind set then running solo mostly because we all have "expectations"  We may not know what they are, but they're there!  Oh that not knowing!  It just messes with ya!   But the truth here is an old one and this is just a variation of the same

"To err is human but to really screw up by the numbers you need an AUDIENCE!"

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

I try to division with my less-skilled friends so they can learn something by shadowing and watching.  I'll be going along having an awesome round, being proud to show them after they die what they should be doing to get better, and then they pop on voice chat from port asking when i'll be done with that round.  :Smile_facepalm:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I enjoy Solo play but I also enjoy Divisions With my Friends. Divisioning with strangers is strange and no Comms but the chat make it Solo play with a tag in the team list.

When in a division Discord or Teamspeak are the best. The anonymity goes away once you over come the shy part of new friends.I have found the players with the hard azz game play of death and destruction to all who dare confront me are the best most likeable friends who truly enjoy a good laugh. With Voice chat the laughter is never ending. 

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,296 battles

Could be any number of things:

1. Stage fright

2. Too much pressure to perform

3. Not used to functioning as a team

Something to think about.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles
1 hour ago, MorbidGamer said:

Some people just work better alone... Like me... I feel people in a division are a distraction. That's why I don't join a clan or divisions.

I tend to agree with this, though I can play with others, it's just really difficult without voice comms.  trying to type in chat while in the heat of battle is a PITA.  I've div'd with a couple guys via voice comms and we had a lot of fun.  

47 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I enjoy Solo play but I also enjoy Divisions With my Friends. Divisioning with strangers is strange and no Comms but the chat make it Solo play with a tag in the team list.

When in a division Discord or Teamspeak are the best. The anonymity goes away once you over come the shy part of new friends.I have found the players with the hard azz game play of death and destruction to all who dare confront me are the best most likeable friends who truly enjoy a good laugh. With Voice chat the laughter is never ending. 

Agreed on the voice comms.  Like I said above, I had div'd without it before and it is challenging.  With it on, and getting over the initial introductions, actually works pretty well.  The one and only time (so far) that I did a voice comm Div (on my normal account), we used the in-game voice chat feature.  Looking back on it, I would use TS or Discord because the in-game voice feature leave a little to be desired.

When I was a Corgi Captain, I participated on @Doomlocks Discord (Thanks again BTW!!) and I have to say it was a blast to hear my fellow Forumites that participated.  

Maybe I should div (with voice comms) more often.

thanks,

--mark

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
2 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

When I was a Corgi Captain, I participated on @Doomlocks Discord (Thanks again BTW!!) and I have to say it was a blast to hear my fellow Forumites that participated.

:Smile_great:

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

I tend to underperform when ppl from the forum are in matches with me so I know the feels man.

Lol I hear you....

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,665 battles
15 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well I think you played fine, we just had some bad luck with teams... but as I said before, idc about my winrate 

We should try again when you feel up to it :cap_like:

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles
8 hours ago, FratStar4Life said:

Well I think you played fine, we just had some bad luck with teams... but as I said before, idc about my winrate 

We should try again when you feel up to it :cap_like:

Well thanks Frat i appreciate the nod of encouragement.

I push myself to play my best at all times anything less than that i sometimes feel is letting down my teams.

But hey will get back to it again soon and since that bad spell my teams have gone  15-4  and i have had some really productive games and been more focused so all in all it might have been a good thing  to loose a few like that.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND