You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

What's in the Box? What's in the Box? Anniversary Crates

25 comments in this topic

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts

in case you are wondering what you get for your $2-3 per crate, you get:

10x limited cammo to include the V-day cammo (World of Warships Anniversary, Victory Salute, and Hunter was all I received in the mix)

30x regular flags (such as Papa Papa, etc)

1x Anniversary collectibles

Out of 30 crates (yes one of THOSE guys), I got zero ships, zero dragon/hyrda/awesome flags, and the collection complete.  Once again, as someone else reminded folks last Xmas - do not buy collection items with dupes until you open all your crates so you can maximize your credit return when the game sells all your dupes when you complete the collection.

• Cool 3

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

I dont know why people buy this crates with collectibles included to begin with if you can get them all in game, so that makes 1/3 of the crate pretty much useless.

• Cool 2

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles
7 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

I dont know why people buy this crates with collectibles included to begin with if you can get them all in game, so that makes 1/3 of the crate pretty much useless.

Some people just want the juice without having to squeeze the orange. And not everyone plays random matches, or has time to repeat the CO-OP ones over and over.

• Cool 1

[EDEG]
Members
6 posts
2,402 battles

I was curious as well, and I bought 14 of the crates. My experience was exactly the same as the OPs. All crates had:

10x limited cammo to include the V-day, Halloween and other cammo 

I wouldn't recommend by the Anniversary crates.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
37 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Pay money for economy flags, some camo, and collection items?   Why? 

* camo you can't buy.  That's the only real benefit to the crates... that and to shoot through the collection.

[SVF]
Members
851 posts
1,277 battles
19 minutes ago, _CamperBoy102_ said:

No camo for the t8 ships in the crates?if dont i will no buy

You get the camos by getting the collection items.  So, obtusely, it can be said that "yes, the camos are in the crates".

Members
139 posts
2,345 battles

You said you purchased 30 crates? That means you cost at least $60 on those gambling case,omg, during new year sales, you can purchase a whole year premium!

[OPG]
Supertester
1,873 posts
9,961 battles
3 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

in case you are wondering what you get for your $2-3 per crate, you get:

10x limited cammo to include the V-day cammo (World of Warships Anniversary, Victory Salute, and Hunter was all I received in the mix)

Out of 30 crates (yes one of THOSE guys), I got zero ships, zero dragon/hyrda/awesome flags, and the collection complete.  Once again, as someone else reminded folks last Xmas - do not buy collection items with dupes until you open all your crates so you can maximize your credit return when the game sells all your dupes when you complete the collection.

3 hours ago, anon2u said:

I was curious as well, and I bought 14 of the crates. My experience was exactly the same as the OPs. All crates had:

10x limited cammo to include the V-day, Halloween and other cammo 

I wouldn't recommend by the Anniversary crates.

Were they ALL economic flags such as pappa pappa, or did it include battle performance flags such as sierra mike?  I could see people finding them very much worth the money for those, albeit a bit pay to win, given that those flags are not normally sold but rather rewards for missions and achievements earned in game.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts

Birthday Bundles 
Pick up special Anniversary Containers in the Premium Shop! Each Container comes with an Anniversary Collection item, a set of Signal Flags and Camo!

Save your money for xMas..

19 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Were they ALL economic flags such as pappa pappa, or did it include battle performance flags such as sierra mike?  I could see people finding them very much worth the money for those, albeit a bit pay to win, given that those flags are not normally sold but rather rewards for missions and achievements earned in game.

Nah, just "Combat" flags from what I recall.

39 minutes ago, TigerL said:

You said you purchased 30 crates? That means you cost at least $60 on those gambling case,omg, during new year sales, you can purchase a whole year premium!

I have 200 days or so just from buying Premium ships, etc.  But yeah,  Xmas crates are like 1000x better in an exaggerated way of thinking (more like 10-20x better since you get ships, mucho better flags, other good stuff).

[OPG]
Supertester
1,873 posts
9,961 battles
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

Nah, just "Combat" flags from what I recall.

Combat flags?  Such as +5% max speed, +1% chance of causing a fire, etc?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
1 minute ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Combat flags?  Such as +5% max speed, +1% chance of causing a fire, etc?

Correct.   I couldn't tell if I got Papa, Papa or not since I have like 400 of those things from some event or the other..

[OPG]
Supertester
1,873 posts
9,961 battles
10 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Correct.   I couldn't tell if I got Papa, Papa or not since I have like 400 of those things from some event or the other..

Well then, I could very much see folks buying these for those type of flags, since those are not normally sold.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
2 hours ago, _CamperBoy102_ said:

No camo for the t8 ships in the crates?if dont i will no buy

Someone didn't read the news and forums correctly.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
418 posts
1,810 battles

If it had special flags like the Yamamoto collection, I'd probably go for it but it's not worth it when there's just regular flags.

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
8,990 battles

If WG wants something that sells, just start selling supercrates for crying out loud.  Its what everyone expects when they buy the faux crates anyways, and you'll even make money on those stupid modules that no one would buy outright.  

[TNG]
Members
798 posts
6,158 battles
6 hours ago, SpudZero said:

Some people just want the juice without having to squeeze the orange.

most poeple would squeeze the orange. hence why juicero failed.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,675 posts
18 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

most poeple would squeeze the orange. hence why juicero failed.

To be honest, I have 3 Yamamoto collectibles left and have considered buying a few crates to be done with it

[ALS]
Members
61 posts
6,704 battles

I've been nagging for over a year for them to put the Albany up for sale & they wouldn't since it was a gift for the original players.  Now they put her up for sale and ... volia!  I spent some hard earned cash on this game again.  WG, you want my USD?  Make it worth my while.

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

How people choose to spend their money is their business and simply thank them for doing so. Everyone values their own money and time differently. In my case, I am a crate boxaholic. I love banging out games with 12k xp, 8k free xp, and 28k captains xp.......Once you go back to 1500xp, and 234 freexp per game.....well you can't...