Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Spotting damage reward

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

I just had a game where i did nothing in my Yugumo....like really nothing but spotting. And actually i managed to get some reward. But since numbers seems really high i was wondering how spotting damage is calculated and roughly how much it reward you. In all game i had so far in IJN DD, i never had this high value regarding spotting damage, yet i know i'm the one spotting all these ship. 

Spotting damage.PNG

Spotting damage reward.PNG

Spotting damage Score.PNG

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Spotting has become a good boost to their income, both XP, and credits.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,224 posts

Spotting damage is rewarded based on what type of ship you are in as well.  There was an adjustment a few patches back.  Maybe one of those people who track such things has the numbers.

[SPTR]
Members
115 posts
4,489 battles

Based on a Fletcher game I was in yesterday (Premium account, ~175000 silver, ~33k dmg, ~50k spotting dmg) then that indicates that the spotting reward is in the neighborhood of ~1.4 silver per damage.

The unknowns are: is the reward linear, does class play a roll (both DDs in this case), does tier play a roll (both T9 ships in this case).

Also, this only compairing one match with one other match; that being said as a basic model I think it is decent.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

Thanks for the replies.

I do agree now that spotting reward has been increased, i've noticed this change in my Kagerou. It's just i feel like it is very inconsistent. Sometime you will spot the entire lemming train and your team will shoot at them, but once the ennemi fire back, i feel like now i'm no longer rewarded for spotting him because every single ship can now see him. 

Sign in to follow this