You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Yūdachi for tier 7 premo DD

13 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
184 posts
7,145 battles

I'm sure many of us could use a IJN premo DD that isn't Tachibana and for those of us who haven't gotten the Kamikaze clones. Well why not Yūdachi?

WG would make a killing just off the name alone.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
2 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

Harekaze? Shinonome?

:Smile_great:

Hell, the Shinonome can even be earned pretty easily for free.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
2 hours ago, TheYuriKaiser said:

I'm sure many of us could use a IJN premo DD that isn't Tachibana and for those of us who haven't gotten the Kamikaze clones. Well why not Yūdachi?

WG would make a killing just off the name alone.

If you want another anime ship in the game just ask for that; avoid all the extraneous typing.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I'd much prefer Yukikaze. The lucky destroyer, and the only surviving Kagerō class. Plus she had a good service life after the war.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,306 battles

Besides having all three Kamikaze sisters as I do, (and Tachibana), what's wrong with Shinonome? I have it and like it better than Fubuki.

No real need for more TBH.

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles
31 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I'd much prefer Yukikaze. The lucky destroyer, and the only surviving Kagerō class. Plus she had a good service life after the war.

WG has said they are going to add her into the game but as tan yang I would guess around when they add the pan Asian line. I do see them adding poi or shigure maybe with the old torp reload smoke setup, and maybe a Late war setup with more AA.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,408 posts
4,294 battles
3 hours ago, LaffeyKaiNi said:

WG has said they are going to add her into the game but as tan yang I would guess around when they add the pan Asian line. I do see them adding poi or shigure maybe with the old torp reload smoke setup, and maybe a Late war setup with more AA.

That would be a tragedy imho. Yukikaze earned her tag as the invincible lucky destroyer as an IJN ship. And Pan Asia already has Lo Yang as T8 premium DD. The Japanese tree has Harekaze, but that's a temporary collaboration premium which may never go on sale again after Sept 2018. Japan needs Yukikaze more than Pan Asia needs Tan Yang.

and as for T7, I'd vote for Shigure which did far more than Poi. Or perhaps Inazuma or Ikazuchi. And there's also the Asashio class which hasn't been represented yet.

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles
27 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

That would be a tragedy imho. Yukikaze earned her tag as the invincible lucky destroyer as an IJN ship. And Pan Asia already has Lo Yang as T8 premium DD. The Japanese tree has Harekaze, but that's a temporary collaboration premium which may never go on sale again after Sept 2018. Japan needs Yukikaze more than Pan Asia needs Tan Yang.

and as for T7, I'd vote for Shigure which did far more than Poi. Or perhaps Inazuma or Ikazuchi. And there's also the Asashio class which hasn't been represented yet.

you know that they will also do Verniy/hibiki at somepoint. it would be nice if they sold them both so you get two of the ships.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,408 posts
4,294 battles
6 hours ago, LaffeyKaiNi said:

you know that they will also do Verniy/hibiki at somepoint. it would be nice if they sold them both so you get two of the ships.

Why not both? Verniy would play differently from a premium Inazuma/Ikazuchi, because of the Russian weapons. Verniy would have better guns in exchange for fewer, weaker torpedoes. Seems a good trade considering Akatsuki's characteristics. I'm surprised WG still hasn't made it yet tbh, considering that all they have to do is slap Ognovoi's gun turrets and torp launchers onto an Akatsuki, and give it Stalin flavoured camo.

Getting back to the topic, honestly Inazuma/Ikazuchi wouldn't be my first choice anyway for t7 IJN premium DD. My vote is Asashio, which hasn't had representation, and is unlikely to for a long time since there are already 2 IJN DD lines. It would act like a T7 Kagero in effect.

Members
1,121 posts
3,088 battles
On 9/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, Doomlock said:

Yukikaze as a Tier 8 premium? Does she get radar and a dispersion bonus?

Shigure would fall under a similar thing but I would give her an AA bonus with a shorter timeout for muzzle noise detection penalty and balance it with a slower rudder.

Ushio (my waifu) has an excellent record as well and among the lucky ships, she had a tendency to NOT be to sole survivor. I would probably give her a torpedo acquisition bonus.

There are so many IJN DDs that you could make premiums out of.

The most interesting by far though IMO.... Tier 7, Akatsuki-class with post-war modifications that include Russian-made guns. AKA. Virney.

Hull of an IJN but with guns that can hurt things with armor... then we can all shut up about the torpedo nerfs when we see a ship with Russian torpedoes get a decent amount of torpedo damage.