You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

What is clan war/strongholds?

8 comments in this topic

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,404 battles

What are they and are they the same? And if not what is the difference? And what is the oil stuff I see in public test?

[LSKF]
Members
94 posts
2,173 battles

Clan battles look to be a game mode similar to ranked just with clans.

Not sure how oil is obtained (Haven't played PT) but I do know that it allows you to upgrade parts of your base to allow for more members, credit/XP bonuses, and ship repair discounts. 

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,874 battles

Oil is a form of in-game currency.  It's been in use on the Russian server for a long time.  I believe I saw it first, back when we were doing the pearl missions.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,404 battles
7 hours ago, lskid said:

Clan battles look to be a game mode similar to ranked just with clans.

Not sure how oil is obtained (Haven't played PT) but I do know that it allows you to upgrade parts of your base to allow for more members, credit/XP bonuses, and ship repair discounts. 

7 hours ago, Viper069 said:

Oil is a form of in-game currency.  It's been in use on the Russian server for a long time.  I believe I saw it first, back when we were doing the pearl missions.

Okay.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

Strongholds are "bases" that clans can build on and upgrade with various structures. The structures give bonuses to clan members such as increased clan capacity and bonus to xp and credits earned in game. Each clan member will have to earn a certain amount of oil individually before taking advantage of such bonuses.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
9,316 battles

If you played WOT then what you see on PT right now is the equivalent to Strongholds. IMO it is NOT clan wars. Clan wars should involve one clan being able to declare war on another specific clan preferably like in WOT with a global map. But that is just me.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles

Perhaps the easiest way of describing what CW and Strongholds are is this...depending on how WG sets it up in this game it will most likely mean that whatever clan someone belongs to and wishes to participate in these events better have basically a near full clan and its members need to be dedicated enough to forgo any free time that they had before these events began as all free time will be now devoted to participation in these events.  And so that their clan can form enough full teams for participation. 

Yes, you will have time to go to work at your regular job, you will have time to visit your family briefly on a daily basis and you will have time to play a few regular battles in the game before and maybe after the scheduled CW/SH event times....but...be forewarned, if you wish to participate in these events you will be required to devote somewhere between 2 and 4 hours every day during the scheduled times for these events, again, depending on how WG eventually sets up these events.

Remember, once you volunteer in your clan to participate, your clan will depend on your participation, they will expect your absolute devotion, time and freedom on a daily basis, this devotion is needed so that once again as stated before, your clan can field enough full teams for participation.  There is nothing worse than being landed on in multiple fronts and not having enough full teams to defend, this again all depends on how WG sets up the events.

NOW DISCLAIMER:  My comments above are from my own past experiences in campaigns in WOT and the demands that are not only made on the individual but as demands were made upon clans as a whole, this game may have these events set up in such a way that the demands are not as much, or they could be even more, its a wait and see thing right now as no one is sure how these things are going to be set up, no one has a clue at the moment.

Good luck!

• Cool 1