You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iRambL

Why i think Pink status is completely stupid

41 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,184 battles

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/857230069267124018/73E11CD2B67BCF77E67D73BC6E8189C451BF5783/

If i was able to view the chat at the end screen it would even show that the guy forgave me for tking him since it was 1) In a coop battle and 2) 7 battles for 3k damage?

Why not give the player who was tked the ability to forgive or punish? This way this pink status wouldn't be such an idiotic status.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

>an ally sinks me

>he begs for mercy

>I tell him that is ok and he is forgiven

>I click the "punish" button anyway

Ultimate trolling tool, WG pls make it happen.

• Cool 4

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
16 minutes ago, m373x said:

>an ally sinks me

>he begs for mercy

>I tell him that is ok and he is forgiven

>I click the "punish" button anyway

Ultimate trolling tool, WG pls make it happen.

Method 2 is an ally sinks me,

I choose not to forgive him,

I am now on his clan's hit list

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Nahh, then that clogs up chat with begging and pleading when everyone should be pew pew'n.

Then peeps are gonna report you and you'll be banned from chat for X amount of time on top of karma loss.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,549 battles

Honestly, it is only for 7 battles and to lessen the load, I often call the tk status the "pink tutu".

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
4 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Honestly, it is only for 7 battles and to lessen the load, I often call the tk status the "pink tutu".

Last time I just loaded my Hashidate with a 10 point commander and went into coop. Done in 30 minutes.

(I got so many duplicate Ishis in Santa crates I have 10 point IJN captains coming out of my ears, not to mention ARP commanders)

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,549 battles
5 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Last time I just loaded my Hashidate with a 10 point commander and went into coop. Done in 30 minutes.

(I got so many duplicate Ishis in Santa crates I have 10 point IJN captains coming out of my ears, not to mention ARP commanders)

(Is a Japan main. Green with envy.)

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,184 battles
47 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Its freaking Coop. Like most games with friendly fire, there is the ability to forgive teammates. But because WG doesn't believe in forgiveness i guess pink status will continue to be retarded.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,335 battles

There is a way to avoid the 7 battle penalty, don't shoot your team mates.

• Cool 4

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

There needs to be some mechanism to deter people from friendly fire, and turning you pink for 7 games is such mild punishment that it barely registers - and it's not particularly effective judging by the amount of pinks I see in nearly every match. Turning pink is mildly embarrassing with no other real penalty, whoopee. If anything I'd like to see more punishment for TKers.

Plus, it's not really that difficult to avoid turning pink in the first place by being mindful and aware of where you are aiming your weapons. I have 4k + matches and have turned pink a grand total of once.

And yes if you fire torps and a teammate turns into them then it is YOUR FAULT for a bad launch.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
16 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

And yes if you fire torps and a teammate turns into them then it is YOUR FAULT for a bad launch.

Or is it my teammate's fault for a bad turn?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
1 minute ago, m373x said:

Or is it my teammate's fault for a bad turn?

Like gun safety, you're always responsible for where your shot lands

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
Just now, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Like gun safety, you're always responsible for where your shot lands

Like walking safety, you are always responsible for running your ship across a torpedo highway. Now what?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
Just now, m373x said:

Like walking safety, you are always responsible for running your ship across a torpedo highway. Now what?

No, doesn't fit. 

If you launch with an ally in front of you, you are responsible if it hits. Always. 

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

No, doesn't fit. 

If you launch with an ally in front of you, you are responsible if it hits. Always. 

What if the ally wasn't in front but decided to make a sharp turn and eat torps broadside?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
Just now, m373x said:

What if the ally wasn't in front but decided to make a sharp turn and eat torps broadside?

He has to be in front of you because he is slower than the torpedo. If you didn't see him you tunnel visioned

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

He has to be in front of you because he is slower than the torpedo. If you didn't see him you tunnel visioned

You are missing the point. 

eX1CwKV.jpg?1

Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
3 hours ago, iRambL said:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/857230069267124018/73E11CD2B67BCF77E67D73BC6E8189C451BF5783/

If i was able to view the chat at the end screen it would even show that the guy forgave me for tking him since it was 1) In a coop battle and 2) 7 battles for 3k damage?

Why not give the player who was tked the ability to forgive or punish? This way this pink status wouldn't be such an idiotic status.

You want to know a really easy fix for this problem?  

Stop teamkilling people. 

Seriously

It's not hard

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
31 minutes ago, m373x said:

You are missing the point. 

eX1CwKV.jpg?1

I'm really not. I am a DD main and I do this all the time.

There is an ally in the plane between yourself and the enemy. Your diagram is way off because your ally is travelling about three times  the distance of the torpedoes, yet the torpedoes are going twice as fast as your ally. And he loses half his speed in the turn. He would be about the point where he started turning back toward you when you launched

If there is an ally in the plane between you and the enemy, you are at fault. He is not looking over his shoulder at you. What ships are behind you on stern? bow? You probably don't know,  Neither does he. 

This happened to me about a month ago. I was playing with a very capable DD skipper, and we sank three ships. But then he tunnel visioned, and did not watch for my launch like both of us had up until that point, and I hit him for a few K and he flooded out. He apologized, but I turned pink and told him it was my fault. It totally was. It was a risky shot. I totally get it. 

• Cool 2

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
4 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I'm really not. I am a DD main and I do this all the time.

There is an ally in the plane between yourself and the enemy. Your diagram is way off because your ally is travelling about three times  the distance of the torpedoes, yet the torpedoes are going twice as fast as your ally. And he loses half his speed in the turn. He would be about the point where he started turning back toward you when you launched

If there is an ally in the plane between you and the enemy, you are at fault. He is not looking over his shoulder at you. What ships are behind you on stern? bow? You probably don't know,  Neither does he. 

This happened to me about a month ago. I was playing with a very capable DD skipper, and we sank three ships. But then he tunnel visioned, and did not watch for my launch like both of us had up until that point, and I hit him for a few K and he flooded out. He apologized, but I turned pink and told him it was my fault. It totally was. It was a risky shot. I totally get it. 

It is not a diagram, lol, did you really measure distances on something I drew in 8 seconds...

So a very good DD player tunel visioned and ran into your torps and apologized? Imagine how many potato DDs do the same on a daily basis.

Edited by m373x

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts

But it was my fault. I knew the risks and I accept the consequence. I took my Hashidate out in coop and shot red ships for 30 minutes.

When I am with players who are strangers I am very cautious aboit launching. It is always your responsibility where it lands

• Cool 1