Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

I almost feel guilty....

14 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I used to feel that way in my Texas...  Used to.  Lawdy Lawdy I sure miss playing that ship.    Great job. 

Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles

Sweet! That's excellent. Even more so since QE has a AA rating of just over 50 as I recall.

This is the kind of yarn I like to hear; A major bug zapping! :cap_rambo:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,900 battles
32 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Sweet! That's excellent. Even more so since QE has a AA rating of just over 50 as I recall.

This is the kind of yarn I like to hear; A major bug zapping! :cap_rambo:

Actually, if you fully air spec her with module, add an air spec captain, and flag...the AA rating jumps to 81.  Throw in the Manual Fire control skill and it becomes an excellent fly swatter.  I've had multiple 20+ games..even one with 17 air kills versus T8 CV!!!

The surprise (root of my guilty feeling) is a T5 CV is close to seal territory.  Combine that with the fact the QE (unlike Texas) isn't advertised as a fly swatter. Even veterans, until the word spreads, can find themselves surprised as to what a QE can dish out.  Lastly, the manual skill doubles the DPM of the big AA guns...the one's with the long reach...better than 7km.  CV captains just don't expect a T6 BB (one with an "advertised" 50 AA rating) to shred 'em at 7km.  Even the Texas can't do this.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,626 posts
14,017 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...almost....

qe.thumb.jpg.5b7cb541612dad86ebe1b87d139c52f6.jpg

The sad and pathetic part was that it is another case of a Potato CV repeatedly sending its planes against something that is swatting their planes.  It's one thing if a CV lost a bunch of planes on an attempt then decides better to do something else.  But it's another if they keep repeating the same thing.  Even worse, that was a Tier V CV and those 24 planes crippled his efforts.  His 295 score shows that.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,900 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even worse, that was a Tier V CV and those 24 planes crippled his efforts.  His 295 score shows that.

Stop it, you're making me feel guilty.

:cap_cool:

Half of the kills were knocking down planes attacking other ships close to me. I"m not sure the CV captain was even aware it was the QE doing the swatting.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Half of the kills were knocking down planes attacking other ships close to me. I"m not sure the CV captain was even aware it was the QE doing the swatting.

Better display of who what, and to what degrees is shooting planes would certainly help CV play.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,626 posts
14,017 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Max Hangar Capacity of a Tier V Bogue is only 28 planes.  You wasted pretty much his entire allotment of planes.  That CV was a big idiot to throw his planes away like that, repeatedly.

Sign in to follow this