You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Royckbell

CV suicide

14 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
3,640 battles

CVs prefer suicide when they are the lowest Tier, we didn't report them because they had a nice discution during the match about matchmaking and WG's politic.

CV sucide.png

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

At least they neutralized each other.   Seems like an even trade and the game can carry on with basically the same MM.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
8 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

But did they turn pink?

I don't think they do if they torp drop on themselves. 

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I don't think they do if they torp drop on themselves. 

No, they don't. People suicide all the time in training rooms, that's the only way to be able to "cast" tournament play—until WG gets off their lazy [edited] and sets up the proper tools for this e-sports racket they want to get into.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

That's just stupid, you can influence the match a lot with a T6 CV even if you are bottom tier.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

As surface ships get charged for the shells/torpedoes they fire, CVs get billed for the planes that get shot down.

HOWEVER, I don't see this as a bad MM for a CV.  There is a lot to do with spotting DDs, tracking enemy ship movements, and even sniping the other CV.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
220 posts
6,385 battles

MM doesn't seem too bad not too many AA ships, but then again i play with that tier all the time so i know what to do. at least there where 3 DDs they could have dealt with so long as they are a bit isolated and they would have to wait until later in the game before engaging anyone else. (I spend too much time in my Independence) .

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
1 hour ago, m373x said:

That's just stupid, you can influence the match a lot with a T6 CV even if you are bottom tier.

This but it is hugely frustrating when you do everything right but have no power to truly force the outcome.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
1 minute ago, StoneRhino said:

This but it is hugely frustrating when you do everything right but have no power to truly force the outcome.

It can be frustrating but this applies to all ship types at all tiers. The CVs in OP's post didn't even try (0 xp/18 xp).

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,242 battles

It's wonderful. Then the other ships enjoyed a CV-free game.

We need more of this. The problem is that the suiciders are likely conscientious CV players, whereas the ones like the 39% Midway I had yesterday are simply selfish pointless jerks, and will never do that even though they should. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles
1 hour ago, StoneRhino said:

True, a low tier ship (not just a low tier CV) can have a difficult time influencing the win.  But they can definitely contribute to the win.  

I have been in matches where one of the low tier CVs goes AFK* and the other played out.  In several of those matches, the CV that stuck it out MADE the difference in the win.

*I notice a lot more bottom tier CVs AFK than mid or high tier.  I can only conclude that a certain percentage of the low tier CV captains just bail as soon as they see the low tier MM.  I'm sure some are legit tech problems.  But some are just players that bail.