Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spader_

Operation Defense of the Naval Station Newport

10 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts

Hey WG,  take your Newport Operation and Stick it you know where.........   It is an IMPOSSIBLE scenario to win.  At this point why don't you do the same with your F game.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,739 posts
7,358 battles

While that Scenario pisses me off, and I've never won with any stars, it isn't exactly worth leaving the game for. There are, get this, other things to do in the game. Some people go do those things.

You're obviously not one of those people.

[ERN]
Members
590 posts
8,188 battles

The maximum amount of stars I was able to get out of this scenario is 3... and that was out of pure luck.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

The scenarios are awesome, and I will admit each new one is somewhat challenging as they should be. (at first)

But once you get used to how the bots operate, they become very predictable and great for earning XP and credits!!

The challenge then becomes your team mates lol can you win with the hand you've been dealt.

Newport is a tough one with players that don't understand the roll they have to play, but it's do-able

I play'd it last night several time's and did manage to get 5 stars on it.

Edited by SpudZero

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
14 hours ago, _Spader_ said:

Hey WG,  take your Newport Operation and Stick it you know where.........   It is an IMPOSSIBLE scenario to win.  At this point why don't you do the same with your F game.

wwhIoDu.gif

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
17 hours ago, _Spader_ said:

It can be frustrating.

here's some quick tips to hilariously carry your potato slightly less experienced team: (people will crapthe bed in this mode, even guys who ranked out at 5 last season. not kidding.)

1) Do not push. You are DEFENDING. So DEFEND. Stay near the front line forts. Yes, they may breech the line, BUT WHO CARES. Survival is your primary objective. DO NOT IGNORE YOUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE. (People who venture past the forts are asking to get focused, burned, or otherwise murdered)

2) at 60% hp, retreat to get repairs. it doesn't matter when, or why, or 'oh lets just get that guy first before we go back' No. Most of the ships attacking are going to hose you down with HE. If you dont' have the premium damage control party+fire flag+damage control module 2, you are retreating, and you retreat at 60% health so that you'll make it BEFORE you burn alive.

3) install torpedobeats mod 2. Realize that every ship that attacks (damn near) has the ability to launch torpedoes at you from 6, 8, 10km away. they WILL launch at you. You must alter course. if you get merked by torpedoes, no one can save you. IJN 610mm torpedoes OP. Take the commander skill Vigilance, it'll save your life.

4) a good commander skill for most ships is concealment expert. Yes its cowardly but when your WHOLE TEAM is dead, and you're just a puny destroyer vs Izumo and 5 cruisers or more, NINJA VANISH. Dont fight. chill out and stay hidden, you can still get the victory if you stay alive. I have done this at least 5 times so far. Zero stars but still a win!

5) If the enemy cruiser is tier 4 or lower and your guns are 155mm or so, use AP and murderously penetrate them in a vicious way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . You're only using HE if they're too close (lots of overpens), you're in a destroyer at a bad angle, or if you're in Her Majesty's Best Battleship Flamethrower Team (IRON DUKE of Flames / Queen Elizabeth The Inferno!!)

I hope you take another crack at it. It is not too bad once you get the hang of it.

Sign in to follow this