You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

28 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

I've made another sheet! 

Okay... I might be... doing a few too many of these by now... but I really enjoy it! I learn something new every time I make a new sheet.

This one is very simple.

59b9ab006bf00_StartingtheProcess.JPG.1d4f113b571eb6fb89b771fa4fae1fab.JPG

All you have to do is enter a clan tag and the current date.

• The point of the sheet is to not only give the user the current overall data of the players in the clan, but to also compare it to a month ago as well. The sheet has 30+ hidden sheets that scan back a month and find the oldest day that the user has data in. The sheet then compares the two data sets. This is why you will see for example a "Win Rate" column as well as a "Win Rate Change" column. The win rate change column is how much the player has improved or degraded over the past month in regards to win rate. 

The sheet also gives the user a rating similar to wtr. The difference is that you the user get to set what each value is worth in the formula by editing the Rating System Weight Scale.

• The color representations of the rating system are linked to the numbers in the color scale itself. If the owner of the sheet edits the values of the color scale, then the sheet will reflect that for the rating. This was necessary since the values of the rating system itself are editable. Currently the color scale is set to mirror the default values of the Rating System Weight Scale.

59b9af4994a62_ColorScale.JPG.8206268405f57a408fa8f58be3a802be.JPG

• An example of the sheet in use:

59b9afce5447e_ExampleUsage.thumb.JPG.14d744bae2b9cfdff43956f0651587d0.JPG

• As you can see, the sheet searched up the various members of the clan and returned the relevant data. Main Battery Accuracy and Average Scouting Damage cannot be tracked over time via the native support given by Wargaming, so they are standalone current stats. If a player hasn't played during that month, the sheet will return their overall data, however it will not retrieve anything else. 

So if you're a clan leader and you're looking for a way to rate your clan, but you don't necessarily like any of the current metrics out there right now, this should give you the ability to set your own metrics! You decide what matters in the rating.

• The sheet is sortable by the player's rating as well as by the player's monthly rating. The monthly rating takes the values of everything that can be tracked over the month and returns a standardized improvement rating. By sorting the sheet by the Monthly Rating, the user may see who in the clan is the most improved over the previous month regardless as to the users overall stats. The Monthly Rating doesn't care if you're a 300 wtr player or a 2200 wtr player. It's going to rank based on self improvement. The higher the monthly rating, the more that player improved over the previous month of play.

If this sounds like a tool that you'd like, then pick up your own copy with the following link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wVSxFS-SVWewgkN5xPFu5Mmjmk9TLSDLlw6XraPHfPE/copy

*** EDITS ***

9-24-2017 - Updated the sheet to now work with clans of a size up to 50 members. There are a total of 60 searchable slots for players now in order to make room for 10 additional player names entered via manual entry. That way even a full clan of 50 members can enter up to 10 additional players for comparison and/or recruitment purposes. 

9-27-2017 - Added a new sort feature. Beneath the "Sort By" drop down menu there is a new drop down menu. This menu allows the user to choose between showing the overall data, which works like before, and only the data from the previous month. This allows the user to exclude all of the player data that is older than a single month. The non applicable data cells in the sheet that do not show data in this new feature remain blank. The rating under this new feature is reflective of the previous month of play.

10-2-2017 - Added a new sort feature to the "Time Frame" drop down menu. The user is now able to sort and see only the players most recent games.

12-14-2017 - Minor Bugfixes. Sheet wasn't working properly with clans over the size of 30.

Edited by Spartias
  • Cool 3

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
287 posts
13,599 battles

so I wanted to see what this all about.... and I don't know how to make it work.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
287 posts
13,599 battles

can you come to my teamspeak and explain it to me?

jollyrogers.teamspeak3.com

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
5 hours ago, _Bunyan_ said:

so I wanted to see what this all about.... and I don't know how to make it work.

All you have to to do is enter the clam tag and the current date. The sheet will then start calculating. It shouldn't take too long.

Edited by Spartias

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,374 battles

These are great Spartias, thank you for posting.

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

Wow! I thrilled it's getting some use!

I've found some bugs in it. I'll be releasing an updated version that removes the bugs later on.

There's nothing wrong with the data, the bugs have to do with the readouts. Some cells showing errors when they should be blank.

Edited by Spartias

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

9-24-2017 - Updated the sheet to now work with clans of a size up to 50 members. There are a total of 60 searchable slots for players now in order to make room for 10 additional player names entered via manual entry. That way even a full clan of 50 members can enter up to 10 additional players for comparison. (Recruitment etc)

(Make a new copy of the sheet for the updates)

Edited by Spartias

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,747 battles

That is an amazing spreadsheet, well done man. Downside is that it takes forever to load, though. :D

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

3 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

That is an amazing spreadsheet, well done man. Downside is that it takes forever to load, though. :D

Thank you!

It shouldn't take that long to load. It takes less than 10-30 seconds for me. There might be something with the Google account permissions. I'll have to look into it.

Edited by Spartias

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,268 battles

This is great. Thank you! IS there any way to just look at past 30 or 90 days of data? While the 30 day improvement is useful, if someone has played for a year, was terrible for six months, then got much better three months ago, I'm not sure this format gives a good idea of current ability. 

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
8 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

This is great. Thank you! IS there any way to just look at past 30 or 90 days of data? While the 30 day improvement is useful, if someone has played for a year, was terrible for six months, then got much better three months ago, I'm not sure this format gives a good idea of current ability. 

I wish there was. The reason that full on websites like warships.today can do things like that is that they save every searches results in an internal database. I only work with what wargaming transmits this very instant. The API only supports going back a month.

edit

Are you asking if I can bring in the current data and the data from a month ago, then subtract it so you're only left with that months data and nothing prior? I can do that. If that's what you're asking then it'll take me a while to be able to make it an option. It's doable though.

Edited by Spartias

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,268 battles
17 minutes ago, Spartias said:

Are you asking if I can bring in the current data and the data from a month ago, then subtract it so you're only left with that months data and nothing prior? I can do that. If that's what you're asking then it'll take me a while to be able to make it an option. It's doable though.

Yes, that is what we are looking for. The last 30 days is a better indication of what someone's current skill level is. While the ability to look at improvement is great, just a different indicator.

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
1 hour ago, DustRhino said:

Yes, that is what we are looking for. The last 30 days is a better indication of what someone's current skill level is. While the ability to look at improvement is great, just a different indicator.

Sure, I can add that as a view/sort option in the future.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,268 battles

Next question, does the API provide the data to be able to filter by ship class so you could see who was good at battleships vs. cruisers vs. destroyers vs. carriers? 

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

I have a different sheet that has that functionality. It's massive and allows for that on a tier for Tier basis. This sheet bring a in a specific set of overall data snapshots from the api that cannot be disseminated by ship class etc. There is however something that I'm thinking about. The website wows.numbers has a description that I can import. From there I can bring in an overall description of ship type play. It would be a mixing and mashing of data inputs that I'm hesitant to bring in. I'm not sure if I like bringing in two sources of data that may conflict. But it'd be the only way to do somewhat of what you're asking.

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

By description I mean a text file that says " unicum" or "good" etc.

It would be based on the overall and not on the 30 day metric.

Edited by Spartias

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 2:19 PM, Spartias said:

On 9/25/2017 at 2:38 PM, DustRhino said:

9-27-2017 - Added a new sort feature. Beneath the "Sort By" drop down menu there is a new drop down menu. This menu allows the user to choose between showing the overall data, which works like before, and only the data from the previous month. This allows the user to exclude all of the player data that is older than a single month. The non applicable data cells in the sheet that do not show data in this new feature remain blank. The rating under this new feature is reflective of the previous month of play.

Make a new copy of the sheet for the requested updates.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
5 hours ago, DustRhino said:

Awesome!

10-2-2017 - Added a new sort feature to the "Time Frame" drop down menu. The user is now able to sort and see only the players most recent games. This shows what wargaming transmits as the players most recent day of play.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

Neat!

I've been meaning to put together a C# tool that can be integrated as a bot in Discord that allows competitive teams to create the most efficient teams out of their clan/rostered members while following whatever the ruleset for that league is (can be used for SL, CW, or KotS) and can be update/modified for changes in rules. I have the programming down, but have issues with integrating the WG API.

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
15 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Neat!

I've been meaning to put together a C# tool that can be integrated as a bot in Discord that allows competitive teams to create the most efficient teams out of their clan/rostered members while following whatever the ruleset for that league is (can be used for SL, CW, or KotS) and can be update/modified for changes in rules. I have the programming down, but have issues with integrating the WG API.

Jeebus... that's way out of my league...

I just like to play with silly spreadsheets lol.

But if there's something I can do to help just let me know!

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles
3 minutes ago, Spartias said:

that's way out of my league

It's way out of my league too, lol

• Cool 1