Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aethon

Hurricane Relief...

11 comments in this topic

[-CHH-]
Members
89 posts
3,952 battles

Many of us in Florida would love to take part in the anniversary event, but will not have power and/or internet restored for over a week.

While I hate to sound like a special snowflake asking for special treatment, I am one of millions without power, and I doubt I am the only WoWS player among that number.

Having said all that, is there any chance we could get a little bit of an extension on the event, so all your die-hard Floridian fans could take part?  If not, I understand.  However, if possible, this would win you a lot of brownie points with us.  Like, more than twelve.

TL;DR: Not having air conditioning during 90-degree weather sucks, but not having WoWS is worse.  Happy to still have a home, though.

• Cool 1

[-CHH-]
Members
89 posts
3,952 battles

I did not even lose any shingles, somehow.  The power lines and trees are a mess all around Orlando, though.  Did you get power yet?

Edited by Aethon

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
851 posts
7,539 battles

Yeah. Affected by Irma here as well. Still no internet. Luckily it didn't affect our home too much in Fort Lauderdale. Went down there to help parents evac, then managed to get a direct hit here at my apartment in Tallahassee. Most damage on our property down there was knocked down trees and branches. Apparently a tornado touched down on our street and took part of the next door neighbor's roof off. Thankfully our house wasn't affected.

They got power back but don't have internet. We lost power up here for about 3 hours but internet has been out since Monday. Crazy storm.

Edited by Sharkbait_416

[KAPOW]
Members
22 posts

Same here down in Fort Lauderdale. Been out of power since Sunday morning. Living off a generator to keep 2 refrigerators and 2 fans going. The heat is brutal. Long lines for gas and food.

Hurricane Andrew I was down for 2 Weeks, Hurricane Fabian (In Bermuda) was only a day. Irma is 4 days and counting. 

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
851 posts
7,539 battles
3 minutes ago, FlyingPortagee said:

Same here down in Fort Lauderdale. Been out of power since Sunday morning. Living off a generator to keep 2 refrigerators and 2 fans going. The heat is brutal. Long lines for gas and food.

Hurricane Andrew I was down for 2 Weeks, Hurricane Fabian (In Bermuda) was only a day. Irma is 4 days and counting. 

On the way up to Tallahassee there were convoys of power trucks headed South. My parents got power back last night. Hopefully it will be back up within 24 hours.

[-CHH-]
Members
89 posts
3,952 battles
15 minutes ago, Sharkbait_416 said:

On the way up to Tallahassee there were convoys of power trucks headed South. My parents got power back last night. Hopefully it will be back up within 24 hours.

That sure would be nice.  Nothing like a summer power outage to renew one's appreciation for air conditioning. :)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

8 people dead in a retirement home in south Florida, not of injury but of heat stroke due to high temps and humidity.

To everyone out there; take care, Mother Nature kills by accident.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,552 battles
11 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

The nursing home incident was a lack of preparation and management fail.  Boggles the mind.  I feel sorry for the families.

the persons who left them behind should be jailed!:Smile-angry: this type of bull:etc_swear: is inexscusable!

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,552 battles

Also, I agree with OP, they should give a slight extension due to the recent events in Texas/Florida!:fish_book:

hope you'all are OK can get can get back on your feet fast! Best of luck friends!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this