You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

Thoughts about Teamwork

7 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

hello.

"you don't have to be strong to get out of a deep hole if you have strong friends."   baby Jessica.

"i'm pushing ___."   all of us. moments later, we are pushing ___ solo. again.

"where are you going?" all of us.

"my team sucks. again." all of us.

last nite, found myself in a Random battle (T10) that featured 8 ships per side. there were 5 DDs on the red, 4 on ours. I scored 2nd on the team (close to 1st place score) with less than 20k damage, zero kills, and 4 planes shot down. commentaries in battle chat from the green team included:

"I don't know what to do." 

"should we have a plan?"

"sorry, 1st battle this ship (CV)"

"?????"

and my all time favorite, by a DD heading away from it all boosted: "no way i'm heading into that."

all players on the red team were divved up, or belonged to a clam. none of us were. we sank one of them, they deleted all of us fast. I couldn't hit anything, ran aground, rammed a friendly, and had the turrets on the wrong side of the ship pretty much the entire battle. first time I have ever, in WoWs, dropped my hands from the keyboard and mouse, and just hoped it would be over with the next batch of torps heading my way. it appeared to be the perfect foul storm of MM and RNG.

Edited by not_acceptable

Alpha Tester
2,719 posts
4,294 battles

Mass at one place, then cower, lose ground, get killed, lose - the universal strategy of random.

Randoms get demoralized very quickly and any semblance of teamwork will quickly follow. Too often that it is a competition to see which team gets demoralized faster.

Though when things work out...

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,978 battles
46 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

No teamwork in the na server.

Even in ranked.

If you say so...

For my part I wonder more if anyone knows how to shoot... When you're in a T10 game and your side gets almost, or completely wiped out, and the other side loses maybe 1-2 ships max; that's pretty pathetic... I've seen it before; but most recently while running my just purchased Z-23... A mob of T10 ships pretty much doing nothing; and the few T8-9 ships on the team wind up in the top score slots after a loss...

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,501 battles

We've all been in games like this although yours seems to be particularly Potatoeeee, one of the first sighnes of it all going south for me is that lone Cruiser headed off all by themselves ... I used to be that lone Cruiser  a long time ago when I first started playing

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
3 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

We've all been in games like this although yours seems to be particularly Potatoeeee, one of the first sighnes of it all going south for me is that lone Cruiser headed off all by themselves ... I used to be that lone Cruiser  a long time ago when I first started playing

a solo CA does not bother me much, they can still engage and be effective, have seen a solo zao lure a BB completely out of the battle, sink her and return to help sink a Missouri.

a BB hiding behind an island makes me crazy. why bother playing? two BBs hiding behind the same island ..... it's as stupid as you can play this game.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,501 battles
13 hours ago, not_acceptable said:

a solo CA does not bother me much, they can still engage and be effective, have seen a solo zao lure a BB completely out of the battle, sink her and return to help sink a Missouri.

a BB hiding behind an island makes me crazy. why bother playing? two BBs hiding behind the same island ..... it's as stupid as you can play this game.

I don't play my Zao much anymore mostly because of the style of play at X a lot of the time it's not to my likening,although I do play a Tirpitz and quite enjoy that usually

I once saw every enemy BB camping in reverse shooting at our BBs who were also camping in reverse, got a chuckle but the game play was fun less and frankly sucked