You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

I wish they would implement 12 player divisions for Randoms.

20 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,193 posts
10,481 battles

I wish we could put together 12 player divisions for randoms, so you can at least say when the team fails we got out played, not by not playing as a team.  I might have to take break from the game or i am going to end up pink because I am going to lose it when dealing with selfish stupid players.  Player who complain because they didn't get support cause they went away from the team on their own.  WG please give us 12 player divisions for Randoms.  I don't mind a team that played as a team and we got out played, that I can deal with.  But with these steam rolls that half the games I am in happen, sorry something needs some serious looking into.   Rant over.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,715 battles

That would be fine, and fun, if MM would be restricted to another 12 member team.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,883 battles

46% winrate isn't your team's fault.  Look to improve your own skills to at least average before judging those of your team.

• Cool 6

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Yeah that'll be clan battles only. Or you'd sit in the random queue till another 12-man team of the right tier ships showed up. They'll never set up a situation where a 12 pack of seal clubbers face off against 12 random new players. 

I mean that would be cruel. ...kind of funny, but cruel. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
15 minutes ago, injunmick said:

They say clan battles are coming, that will cover it. Never see 12 player divs in random.

Clan battles is only going to be 7v7.

Members
2,461 posts
12,231 battles

Concerns about clan battles on several levels:

1) Will random games have their skill level degraded even more as "most" of then highly skilled players will be playing clan games vs random?

2) will there be a mad scramble to join a clan so that one doesn't "miss out" on the new game style?

3) will there now be a higher and stronger level of saltiness directed towards players that aren't in a highly rated clan?

On paper its sounds great, but the human spirit has a way to f... things up.

[TBOW]
Members
1,193 posts
10,481 battles
21 minutes ago, _V12 said:

46% winrate isn't your team's fault.  Look to improve your own skills to at least average before judging those of your team.

You know what I have... But I can't pick my team so that can make it difficult.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,883 battles
Just now, gcangel82 said:

I'm unaware.  Bring me up to speed.

Edited by _V12

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,040 posts
12,541 battles
8 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Concerns about clan battles on several levels:

1) Will random games have their skill level degraded even more as "most" of then highly skilled players will be playing clan games vs random?

Only if highly-skilled players spend 100% of their time in clan games. And even if that happened, skimming off the high-skill players would actually make Random games more balanced on average, because the range of player skill in those games would be narrower.

2) will there be a mad scramble to join a clan so that one doesn't "miss out" on the new game style?

Every game with player-run organizations (clans, guilds, and so on) has casual/social/in-name-only clans. 100% guaranteed that if clan membership becomes "mandatory", players who would rather be soloing will just form "I'm only here for the HQ buff" clans that build bases and never talk.

3) will there now be a higher and stronger level of saltiness directed towards players that aren't in a highly rated clan?

Not sure why this would change. The norm will just become dude-in-an-unknown-clan instead of dude-without-a-tag, but nothing else will change.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,568 battles
29 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

will there be a mad scramble to join a clan so that one doesn't "miss out" on the new game style?

Maybe. I'm interested in knowing this as well as strongholds will give players bonuses to make clan membership even more appealing.

We are looking to upgrade the clan max ASAP, but if more interest isn't gained we could decide to do other upgrades first..

Members
9,876 posts
1 hour ago, gcangel82 said:

I wish we could put together 12 player divisions for randoms, so you can at least say when the team fails we got out played, not by not playing as a team.  I might have to take break from the game or i am going to end up pink because I am going to lose it when dealing with selfish stupid players.  Player who complain because they didn't get support cause they went away from the team on their own.  WG please give us 12 player divisions for Randoms.  I don't mind a team that played as a team and we got out played, that I can deal with.  But with these steam rolls that half the games I am in happen, sorry something needs some serious looking into.   Rant over.

Ya, that would be great fun for the 12 random players you got matched against....wouldn't it? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

Members
4,149 posts

Not so much fun for the other team.  I already make divisions a priority target when playing.  Get rid of those and it helps you win a bit better.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
933 posts
10,359 battles
2 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

I don't see how this solves your problem. Teamwork comes from good players being situation-ally aware of what everyone is doing regardless of whether they are in a division. Just because players are division-ing together, it doesn't automatically mean they have better teamwork. I also don't know why you pay attention to or care about bad teammates that asks for support after they've over committed; and that this annoy you enough to make  a nonsensical solution to a non-problem.

No one else can pick their teammates either beyond 2 others in a division. MM evens this out by trying its best to equalize the number of division on both teams if it can. The game is no harder for you than any one else playing solo pub; statistically speaking. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
584 posts
4,596 battles

Replace my eleven team mates with forts/bastions.

I've seen them earn a kraken when they were about in domination on Atlantic. Best team mates ever!

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,696 battles

If the OP is able to division with 11 other players at his skill level, it would be a loss nearly every match.  What would he petition for then, since he wouldn't be able to blame his team?  Would he still be resorting to external rationalizations or would he finally become aware that he's part of the problem?

And how does he completely ignore the fact that there are lots of players with SOLO win rates in the 60% and above range and they do it even playing ships and tiers that are known not to be considered OP / seal clubbing?  What's his rationalization?  They're all cheating?  They paid WG for better RNG?  They have some sort of timing trick they use to jump into matches where they know most of the tomatoes are on the opposite team?

As a business owner, even if it's an entry level position, I cannot hire someone that is unable to process logic and reason for the mere fact that they cannot be reliable or trusted to deliver on objectives, nor can I depend on them to solve problems or make decisions that are in the long-term best interest of my customers, my employees and the company.  I see a common dialogue from many on these forums that the reason for their sub-par performance is due to external factors that are blatantly false.  This is really disturbing and I hope these people find a way back to logic because if they can't see the obvious in something as relatively simple as the fundamentals of WoWs, I cannot imagine how much opportunity they are leaving on the table and harm they are causing to their future by being so far off the rails on far more important issues.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I think the OP has a healthy dose of "be careful what you wish for" coming.

I'd welcome 12 player divs in MM.  I wouldn't want to play them all the time, and I would want it to be at least against 4 3 man divs if not another 12 man div.  I suspect that the OP would find something else to blame if my div did meet his.

I should start a poll for his reasoning if there were 12 man divs.

Kutuzov is OP.

Chappy is OP.

Benson is OP.

Akizuki is OP.

Amagi is OP.

Smoke is OP.

Radar is OP.

Teamwork is OP.

Caps are OP.

Members
494 posts
2,047 battles

3 man divs already can swing things pretty heavily one way of another why make it worse? In Wot Console they allowed 5 man platoons and it was pretty much an insta loss if the 5 man had good players on it.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
14 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

Why [edited] about teams when world of warships can not by definition be a team game.  You throw 12 random people together and expect a team from that?