You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

What have you gotten from WG for free??

47 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

I see a lot of people complaining about not being given this and that in the aniversary missions, etc. It got me to thinking about what I have gotten for free from this game. It starts adding up to quite a list. This does not count things such as consumable flags or consumable camos or anything like that.

I started playing back in May of 2016 and this is a list of the bigger stuff they have given away.

Mikasa in July for sinking 150 ships.

Throughout the year the ARP event was going on, and like it or not, I ended up with all 9 ships and captains. 4 Kongo's, 4 Myoko's, and an Atago in very bright camouflage paint

2 special commanders so far: Segal and Dunkirk.

Extra premium camo for the Dunkerque with the Dunkirk campaign.

Around New Year's, I was able to obtain the Graf Spee for free as well as all the t6 tech tree ships offered in that campaign as well as all the premium camo's for them and for the Graf Spee

Got the Katori in early spring from missions.

Bismarck as well as premium camos for it and the Hood in the Bismarck campaign.

Got all sorts of goodies from WG for attending Let's Battle in July. Yes there was tickets involved but those proceeds went to charity. I ended up with game codes for multiple WG games, premium time, t-shirts and an Aurora.

Shinonome for the campaign.

That's about all I can remember there has been lots more through the year such as premium time here and there. But I've gotten quite a lot of content without having to pay a dime. Thank you WG!

What have you guys gotten?

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

I'll just stop at Steven Seagal.  I have received other stuff for free - including several permanent camos, flags, 18 zillion barracks slots, 2,000 gold (from SC's), and lower tier ships (from missions) - but nothing else really matters.

"Fire Alarm........."

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

Started playing WoT before I transitioned to WoWs. I went to Moscow on WG's coin to compete in a WoT tournament. Anything else I won pails in comparison. 

• Cool 3

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

Started playing WoT before I transitioned to WoWs. I went to Moscow on WG's coin to compete in a WoT tournament. Anything else I won pails in comparison. 

Wow, that sounds pretty good. How did you do?

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I see a lot of people complaining about not being given this and that in the aniversary missions, etc. It got me to thinking about what I have gotten for free from this game. It starts adding up to quite a list. This does not count things such as consumable flags or consumable camos or anything like that.

I started playing back in May of 2016 and this is a list of the bigger stuff they have given away.

Mikasa in July for sinking 150 ships.

Throughout the year the ARP event was going on, and like it or not, I ended up with all 9 ships and captains. 4 Kongo's, 4 Myoko's, and an Atago in very bright camouflage paint

2 special commanders so far: Segal and Dunkirk.

Extra premium camo for the Dunkerque with the Dunkirk campaign.

Around New Year's, I was able to obtain the Graf Spee for free as well as all the t6 tech tree ships offered in that campaign as well as all the premium camo's for them and for the Graf Spee

Got the Katori in early spring from missions.

Bismarck as well as premium camos for it and the Hood in the Bismarck campaign.

Got all sorts of goodies from WG for attending Let's Battle in July. Yes there was tickets involved but those proceeds went to charity. I ended up with game codes for multiple WG games, premium time, t-shirts and an Aurora.

Shinonome for the campaign.

That's about all I can remember there has been lots more through the year such as premium time here and there. But I've gotten quite a lot of content without having to pay a dime. Thank you WG!

from regular containers: Belfast and Dunkerque

from Yamamoto containers: Prinz Eugen

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles

Gotten Free?  Often chronic frustration. A vague feeling of hopelessness. Depression/anxiety. Loss of optimism. Eye strain....etc. etc. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 4

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,786 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

All kinds of in-game pixels!!

But the best is that their games connected me with fun people. Many of those I now know outside of the game and are now close friends. It may sound cheesy, but without WoT or WoWS I wouldn't know them. So thanks WG! :)

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Gotten Free?  Often chronic frustration. A vague feeling of hopelessness. Depression/anxiety. Loss of optimism. Eye strain....etc. etc. :Smile_glasses:

But all those things build character!

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles
1 minute ago, TheHolySpork said:

All kinds of in-game pixels!!

But the best is that their games connected me with fun people. Many of those I now know outside of the game and are now close friends. It may sound cheesy, but without WoT or WoWS I wouldn't know them. So thanks WG! :)

Very cheesy, I meet lame utensils

Spoiler

:Smile_playing:

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
10 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

I'll just stop at Steven Seagal.  I have received other stuff for free - including several permanent camos, flags, 18 zillion barracks slots, 2,000 gold (from SC's), and lower tier ships (from missions) - but nothing else really matters.

"Fire Alarm........."

My biggest beef with Steve-o is how his battle commencement overlaps the default one.

Reminds me of making mixed tapes as a kid by putting a tape recorder up to the speaker of a stereo, and you can hear somebody talking in the next room when you play it back.

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles

Besides a lot of the same things that you have received, lot's of hours enjoying a game I really enjoy. I've gone through a lot of rough stuff the last couple of years. Shooting at all of you and getting shot at has really been an outlet for me, LOL. I have also met some pretty good guys here.

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,284 battles

Free ships (either free outright or given as mission or event award):

1. Mikasa
  2. Tachibana
  3. Katori
  4. Kamikaze R
  5. ARP Kongo
  6. ARP Hiei
  7. ARP Kirishima
  8. ARP Haruna
  9. ARP Nachi
  10. ARP Ashigara
  11. ARP Myoko
  12. ARP Haguro
  13. Southern Dragon
  14. Shinonome
  15. Fuso
  16. ARP Takao
  17. Albany
  18. Marblehead
  19. Farragut
  20. Budyonny
  21. Emden
  22. Graf Spee
  23. Bayern
  24. Bismarck
  25. Bellerophon
  26. Orion
  27. Iron Duke
  28. Leander

Permanent camo:

1. Tarnanstrich for Tirpitz
  2. From the Bottom of the Ocean, and Last Conquest for Bismarck
  3. From the Bottom of the Ocean for Hood
  4. Fleur d'acier for Dunkerque
  5. Type 12 camo for Leander, Bayern, Budyonny, Farragut, Fuso and Graf Spee

Special Captains:

1. Steven Segal
  2. Jack Dunkirk

I have also received a bunch of free premium time for various things.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,348 battles

In WoT, I've probably gotten at least 250k gold worth of CW gold, reward tanks, tournament prizes, etc.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
14 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wow, that sounds pretty good. How did you do?

Poorly. Due to visa issues and short notice from WG, we were missing several key members of our team. In the first round, we played the eventual tournament winner (a Russian team) and in the 3rd place final we lost to the other Russian team but took them to the tie breaker. Would have, could have, should have beaten them but I'm not disappointed. It was a trip of a life time, a chance to meet people I played tanks with for over a year, nice to put a face to the voice :)

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

I recently got the polish prem. destroyer in a super container that popped up when I asked for a credit container. Not to mention a ton of free ports, plus a lot of the stuff previously mentioned, so I'm not one to complain about WG not giving back to the community.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,378 battles

To hear some for some of the people on this forum, you'd think they'd gotten a free personality disorder.  :P

(Actually, I think most of them brought that with them...)

Myself, I've gotten the usual 'free' ships & camos, premium time, etc.  I even got 1500 doubloons for sinking some corgis, and 1000 from a supercontainer.  Have to spend those sometime.

What's most valuable though is the time I've gotten to spend online battling fun digital boats, especially with friends.

Friends - I highly recommend them, they tend to make things better.

:cap_cool:

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
14 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

My biggest beef with Steve-o is how his battle commencement overlaps the default one.

Reminds me of making mixed tapes as a kid by putting a tape recorder up to the speaker of a stereo, and you can hear somebody talking in the next room when you play it back.

You may have inadvertently solved a long running mystery.  Maybe he isn't tired, on anti-depressants, or disinterested - he's just annoyed about having to talk over the other guy all the time?

Members
2,078 posts

Last year was nice with every $15 (ave) you get a ship. I hope they do it again this year... But given how disappointing I am with 2 year anniversary... I might be a sad boy come December. 

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Well, to be precise I'm not sure I'm received anything for "free" as I started getting premium time early on.  But for the fun I've had so far?  I'd have to be honest and say - I haven't "paid" enough.  So that might then add up to "everything"?  I don't know....

Anyway Happy Anniversary WG! 

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
1 minute ago, delp5117 said:

You may have inadvertently solved a long running mystery.  Maybe he isn't tired, on anti-depressants, or disinterested - he's just annoyed about having to talk over the other guy all the time?

I think that's it. But yeah, it just bugs me that his voice replaces the other one everywhere else, and it's like they realised their mistake but don't care. I mean, how long would that take to fix?

I don't see how anyone who has watched a few of his movies can find fault with his voice acting. He sounds just as animated as he does on camera lol.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,212 battles

A fair bit:

1. Atlanta (contest reward)

2. Atago (bought with doubloons from contest rewards)

3. Albany (holiday reward ship)

4. Mikasa (ornament contest ship...then credit value when it was offered as a mission reward)

5. Tachibana (mission reward)

6. Shinonome (campaign reward)

7. Katori (mission reward)

8. Every ARP ship

9. Emden (mission reward)

10. Premium camos for Budyonny, Farragut, Fuso, and Leander from Santa Convoy campaign

11. Alternate premium camos for Tirpitz, Bismarck, Graf Spee, and Hood

12. Shortcut to Iron Duke (blueprint missions)

13. De Grasse (supercontainer)

14. Seagal and Jack Dunkirk

15. The Military Month Contributor flag

16. Ishizuchi (bought with doubloons from contest/Ranked rewards)

17. Marblehead (contest reward)

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

Lots. And thanks WGing. 

Tachibana, kamikaze r, Graff spee, mikasa, katori, shinonome.

Absolute crap tons of flags. 

A plethora of camos

A smattering of dubloons. 

And most importantly a fun time.