You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

Containers?

14 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

I won my first container and I opened it instead of "collecting" it and then it disappeared into the abyss below the docks.  Did I get what was inside?  Where do things like Personal Reserves/Credit Boosters show up on the Port screen.  I've searched around and can't find anything.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles

Depends on what you won. If it's credits or doubloons it's added to your totals in the top right corner. If it's signals or camo it's in the exterior tap. If it's consumables or modules you have to choose that tab.

Members
163 posts
411 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Depends on what you won. If it's credits or doubloons it's added to your totals in the top right corner. If it's signals or camo it's in the exterior tap. If it's consumables or modules you have to choose that tab.

What is the "exterior tap and where is it located?"   Does the game have Credit and XP boosters like WoT and where would they be found?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,497 posts
2,069 battles
37 minutes ago, OldFrog75 said:

What is the "exterior tap and where is it located?"   Does the game have Credit and XP boosters like WoT and where would they be found?

Right under the Battle button at the top of the screen. It contains the signal, camo, and flag sections.

When you hit open, the container should have displayed the items you collected. You can check. The small little i in the very bottom right corner. Click it, click notifications, and right near the top should be something like "container addition" and "signal addition" or "camo addition". You've been credited your container contents! (Also, the other tab there, Battles, gives the recent results of battles, click on a battle and you get the results screens).

And yes, there are credit and XP boosters. First win gives you 50% more XP. There are camos and signals that you can run that also give you more credits and XP. I don't know if you've unlocked everything yet, since you have so few battles, but if not, you will pretty soon.

Members
9,868 posts
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Right under the Battle button at the top of the screen. It contains the signal, camo, and flag sections.

When you hit open, the container should have displayed the items you collected. You can check. The small little i in the very bottom right corner. Click it, click notifications, and right near the top should be something like "container addition" and "signal addition" or "camo addition". You've been credited your container contents! (Also, the other tab there, Battles, gives the recent results of battles, click on a battle and you get the results screens).

And yes, there are credit and XP boosters. First win gives you 50% more XP. There are camos and signals that you can run that also give you more credits and XP. I don't know if you've unlocked everything yet, since you have so few battles, but if not, you will pretty soon.

He has 50 battles, he probably doesn't even have access to the exterior screen yet.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

No, credit and exp boosters like what WoT has don't exist here. However, the EXP and credit gain in WoWs is much much higher than in WoT, due to the signal flags and exp/credit camos, so the boosters are kind of "built-in".

Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,369 battles
2 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

I won my first container and I opened it instead of "collecting" it and then it disappeared into the abyss below the docks.  Did I get what was inside?  Where do things like Personal Reserves/Credit Boosters show up on the Port screen.  I've searched around and can't find anything.

based on your battle level it's quite possible you can't see anything at all from your container.

Certain items, such as camos are not available to you until you reach a certain service level and if that was what was in your container, they will appear to have vanished as you have no camo screen available in your UI yet.  however.. when you get to the service level that allows camos, they will be there waiting for you :)

Likewise signals,  etc.

New things get added to the UI at every service level, so they are there.. you just can't see them yet :)

M

Members
163 posts
411 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

He has 50 battles, he probably doesn't even have access to the exterior screen yet.

I think that is probably right.  I just opened another container and I was awarded some signals and camo (listed in the notifications) but I don't appear to have access to an "exterior tab" to mount them.

They must be contingent upon achieving a different level than where I am playing (Co-Op, Tier I)?

****Wiki says Service Level 9.  I've opened 8 so I'm almost there I guess

Edited by OldFrog75

Members
9,868 posts
3 minutes ago, OldFrog75 said:

I think that is probably right.  I just opened another container and I was awarded some signals and camo (listed in the notifications) but I don't appear to have access to an "exterior tab" to mount them.

They must be contingent upon achieving a different level than where I am playing (Co-Op, Tier I)?

You earn levels playing co-op or random, you just earn them faster in random.

Click profile and then service record in game, click on the level numbers to see  what opens when.

Members
163 posts
411 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You earn levels playing co-op or random, you just earn them faster in random.

Click profile and then service record in game, click on the level numbers to see  what opens when.

Yep.  I've opened 8 levels and Wiki says I get access at 9th level so I'm almost there.. :cap_like:

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
3 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

personal reserves? go back to world of tanks noob. LOL jk