You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

what's the next BB line and when?!

46 comments in this topic

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles

Rumor is that the Jamaican BB line is next on the schedule. Special captains will include some members of the 1988 Jamaican Bobsled team.

• Cool 2

Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

Rumor is that the Jamaican BB line is next on the schedule. Special captains will include some members of the 1988 Jamaican Bobsled team.

Their gimmick will be high speed and RN CL-type acceleration because Usain Bolt....

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I think with the UK BB's just released and all the moaning about the queue being full of BB's. I would assume the Italian Navy Cruiser line would be Introduced Before another BB line. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,655 posts
17,300 battles

There aren't many BB lines left.  Let's see.

French Navy.

Italian Navy.

RN Battlecruisers (fall under the BB tech tree, as a second branch)

German Navy Battlecruisers (see RN BCs)

Possibly an Austria-Hungarian Navy BB line, though it'd probably max out at tier 6 or 7, since Austria-Hungary ceased to exist after WW1.

[SALVO]
Members
16,655 posts
17,300 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think with the UK BB's just released and all the moaning about the queue being full of BB's. I would assume the Italian Navy Cruiser line would be Introduced Before another BB line. 

While I don't care about the whining about all the BB's, I do think that it's likely that the next line released won't be a BB line.  To the best of my recollection, the devs have been pretty good about not introducing two lines of the same time in succession, i.e. 2 BB lines in a row, or 2 CA lines in a row.  I think that something like an RN DD line or an Italian cruiser line seems like a likely next line.  Oh wait, come to think of it, isn't this Pan-Asian DD line that we've heard about the likely next line?

Edited by Crucis

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,145 battles

French or Italian.  Outside of that, not many other nations with enough BB's to fill out even half a BB line.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Lets see got: French, Italian, second USN, RN and KM BB/BC lines.

But how bout some more CVs(still waiting for the RN) or DDs.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
30 minutes ago, wkcw1 said:

John Candy would make an excellent captain.

John Candy would make an excellent Battleship.

As far as a new line goes, my money is on French, followed by Italian.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
43 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Doubtful. French BB line is scheduled for last line of the year after the Pan-Asia DDs drop, and the devs at gamescom said the first Italian line is scheduled for December 2018. And given the time the Italians are supposed to be released, and that cruisers are usually the first line released, don't expect the Italian BBs until the beginning of 2019 at the earliest.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:
36 minutes ago, wkcw1 said:

John Candy would make an excellent captain.

HAHAHAHAHAHa Now that is funny

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Russian BBs were coming first quarter 2018. 

I'd assume Italian cruisers or French DDs would be next though after Pan-Asia DDs. 

Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles

If we look back, we had an RN BB premium, then we got RN CLs. Then we got a French BB premium, and got French CAs. We got an RN CL premium, then got RN BBs. We seem to get the same nation, different line, in the same order as premiums.

I can't remember whether we got Duca or DeGrasse first. I'm going with whichever one came first, that's the BB we'll get next. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles

There is still a lot of lines they can fill in, and since they seem to like BBs and CBs, here is a proposed list off the top of my head.  Note: Every other Tree released would be either a BB or CB line.

So, possibly something like this:

1. Pan Asia DDs

2. Italian BBs

3. French DDs

4. Russian BBs

5. Italian CL/CAs

6. French BBs

Which would leave other things like British, German, Russian, and USA Battle Cruisers.

USA Cruiser Tree split, maybe a Commonwealth or Pan Asia line of Cruisers.

British DDs, and possibly Commonwealth DDs, and Italian DDs.

Feel free to rearrange the list to suit your hopes or preferences.

Members
722 posts
5,170 battles

OMG we have to go thru 2 more BB line launches l don't know bout you but are we at BB saturation point yet? Are they still planning to add a Russian BB line too?

Wheres the USN cruiser split or the RN DD's anything but another BB line for like 2 yrs maybe LOL. Anything but more BB's for a while....

AH ninja'd by 1dennistt

Edited by Furysghost

Members
54 posts
2,689 battles
31 minutes ago, Umikami said:

As far as a new line goes, my money is on French, followed by Italian.

Lol... I suppose the BB will get a special ramming ability and receive minimal damage.

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles

More BBs could be a good thing, it would dilute the amount of British and German BBs in the MM, CB will be just as bad for CL/CAs, more things to kill cruisers.  Welcome to world of Battleships.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
3 minutes ago, 1dennistt said:

There is still a lot of lines they can fill in, and since they seem to like BBs and CBs, here is a proposed list off the top of my head.  Note: Every other Tree released would be either a BB or CB line.

So, possibly something like this:

1. Pan Asia DDs

2. Italian BBs

3. French DDs

4. Russian BBs

5. Italian CL/CAs

6. French BBs

Which would leave other things like British, German, Russian, and USA Battle Cruisers.

USA Cruiser Tree split, maybe a Commonwealth or Pan Asia line of Cruisers.

British DDs, and possibly Commonwealth DDs, and Italian DDs.

Feel free to rearrange the list to suit your hopes or preferences.

Don't expect Italian BBs anytime soon. Cruiser lines are usually the first line put out since it's the start of the tech tree, and Italy's first line has been confirmed to be coming in December/end of 2018 by the devs at gamescom. So don't expect the BBs until 2019. Also, French BBs have also been confirmed to still be coming this year. So now we have the Pan-Asia DDs and then French BBs after to finish out the year.

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles
3 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Don't expect Italian BBs anytime soon. Cruiser lines are usually the first line put out since it's the start of the tech tree, and Italy's first line has been confirmed to be coming in December/end of 2018 by the devs at gamescom. So don't expect the BBs until 2019. Also, French BBs have also been confirmed to still be coming this year. So now we have the Pan-Asia DDs and then French BBs after to finish out the year.

I think I also left off the British and German CVs, after Graf Spee, I'm not sure if when we will see them.