Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

WG some clan wars answers would be nice.

9 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
257 posts
4,825 battles

We keep hearing clan wars soon. Well many clans have some questions so we have some kind of idea what we are looking at. You have to have some idea what you are planning. Will clans wars be like tanks and if not then...

1- What will be the clan wars schedule?

2- What tiers? Same for all maps?

3- How many players per team?

Those are the three big questions we have and need to know. Also telling us your thoughts gives clans a chance to let you know if we can even do it. We do not have the player base here tanks has and we may not be able to field the same amount of players or meet the same schedule. It would be a shame for you all to put that work into clans wars only to find out only 2,3,4 clans can make that kind of commitment. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Hunch it's likely to be for the main period of time like Clan wars was in early tanks. Mostly tier 10 if you can get them and work your way down from there.

[SALVO]
Members
16,720 posts
17,308 battles
50 minutes ago, SeaBreeze_ said:

We keep hearing clan wars soon. Well many clans have some questions so we have some kind of idea what we are looking at. You have to have some idea what you are planning. Will clans wars be like tanks and if not then...

1- What will be the clan wars schedule?

2- What tiers? Same for all maps?

3- How many players per team?

Those are the three big questions we have and need to know. Also telling us your thoughts gives clans a chance to let you know if we can even do it. We do not have the player base here tanks has and we may not be able to field the same amount of players or meet the same schedule. It would be a shame for you all to put that work into clans wars only to find out only 2,3,4 clans can make that kind of commitment. 

SeaBreeze, you shouldn't expect any answers from the devs, at least until they're ready to put CWs into public test.  They don't like talking about this kind of detail when such a project is still in development.  And I don't blame them for it.  Oh, I suppose that they could talk about point #1 without too much of an issue since it's really not talking about the mechanics of the game mode.  That said, I fully expect any WoWS clan wars to mirror WoT's clans wars in this regard, i.e. having CW's map areas that cater to each of the time zones in North America.

Another point you bring up is a very good one, regarding the player base here on the NA server.  I hope that the devs in charge of WoWS' clan wars factor this in.  This is of great concern to me because over in WoT, they just implemented a 30v30 game mode, Grand Battles.  And it was clearly developed with the far more populated Russian servers in mind, because it requires at least 60 tier 10 tanks to be in queue at a given time to form the two teams.  But Even with WoT's larger NA player base (compared to WoWS), getting that many tier 10's in  queue at the same time is very difficult.  In short, the WoT devs implemented what should have been a great game mode in such a way that it's extremely difficult to get into on the NA's less populated servers.  And I'm concerned that this could be an issue in WoWS too, if the WOWS devs don't factor in the smaller player bases on servers other than the Russian server.

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,874 battles

There was a Q&A not too long ago that mentioned a 7vs7 (team battles? the template is already in place) lineup for clan wars.  Teams would be matched using the clans ranking from previously played clan battles.  This was part of the reason that team battles failed.  If this is true, I hope they'll reconsider.  From the gist of it, it also looks like it may initially be run seasonally (like ranked) as well.  They didn't mention anything about holding land or territories as in WOT.  I highly doubt that it'll be released for T10 only.  That would immediately kill it on the NA server.  We've already seen the similarities to Strongholds from WOT, so that aspect is pretty much locked and cocked.

[_AFW_]
Members
979 posts
7,021 battles

Like others have said here my worry is do we have enough interested in clan wars. Lower population plus a limited interest in clan wars within the population we have could be a killer. Team battles died do to bad teams getting destroyed by good teams and the bad teams just stopped playing. Then that left very few teams playing and the que times went through the roof making even the good teams stop. If clan wars is set up like in tanks i feel the same will happen. Good teams will slaughter and bad teams will stop playing after a bit and there you have it. Maybe a good reward system will help, but that can be iffy also if only a few clans start to dominate clan wars driving the other clan away.  

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,788 battles

I agree on the population issues. I know there are all kinds of reasons why this isn't done, but I think that cross-server clan wars might be an answer.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

So far from the devs on the developers blog we've heard it'll be tier 10 and it'll be 7v7.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

SeaBreeze, you shouldn't expect any answers from the devs, at least until they're ready to put CWs into public test.  They don't like talking about this kind of detail when such a project is still in development.  And I don't blame them for it.  Oh, I suppose that they could talk about point #1 without too much of an issue since it's really not talking about the mechanics of the game mode.  That said, I fully expect any WoWS clan wars to mirror WoT's clans wars in this regard, i.e. having CW's map areas that cater to each of the time zones in North America.

Another point you bring up is a very good one, regarding the player base here on the NA server.  I hope that the devs in charge of WoWS' clan wars factor this in.  This is of great concern to me because over in WoT, they just implemented a 30v30 game mode, Grand Battles.  And it was clearly developed with the far more populated Russian servers in mind, because it requires at least 60 tier 10 tanks to be in queue at a given time to form the two teams.  But Even with WoT's larger NA player base (compared to WoWS), getting that many tier 10's in  queue at the same time is very difficult.  In short, the WoT devs implemented what should have been a great game mode in such a way that it's extremely difficult to get into on the NA's less populated servers.  And I'm concerned that this could be an issue in WoWS too, if the WOWS devs don't factor in the smaller player bases on servers other than the Russian server.

Except the devs have already stated info about it on their developers blog.

Sign in to follow this