Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Not_Your_Average_Potato

Enterprise AP or HE bombs?

14 comments in this topic

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

Hey guys.  I picked up the Enterprise over the weekend and so far it has been a blast to play.  Been using the AP bomb load out and is wondering if anyone been using HE instead and is it viable?  So far the AP bombs had been doing pretty decent damage against BB and along with the TB I have been having decent damage games.  Wondering if anyone has better success with the HE bombs.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles

I got the Enterprise, went AP, and never looked back.  Haven't tried out the HE bombs though I feel like you'll be missing out on the potential of what the Enterprise was designed to do with the inclusion of the AP bombs.

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles

Right now with all the RN BBs sailing around using the AP makes sense. When things get back to normal and games are mostly CAs and DDs those HE bombs are going to start looking like a better option.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles
24 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Right now with all the RN BBs sailing around using the AP makes sense. When things get back to normal and games are mostly CAs and DDs those HE bombs are going to start looking like a better option.

Games were never mostly CAs and DDs.  Battleships have always been a large part of the meta, and don't expect that to change anytime soon (French battleships are the next tech tree on the list).

[RQL]
Members
132 posts
5,874 battles

If your doing randoms AP is the way to go because you get all sorts of ships that are vulnerable to it, but if you ever do any competitive matches just go ahead and bring HE it will do better in the long run.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

HE is better if you prefer a more DOT based gameplay AP is better for ahpha strike game play. Although if you are wondering if both are competitive I found that both AP and HE are although I do wish I could trade torps for both.    

Members
33 posts
8,294 battles

Basically, bringing AP is like specing a full AA atlanta.

You go into a game with the hopes you'll see german battleships, or in the atlantas case, carriers. 

When you do, be prepared to shine. If not..poop...youll only be avg. 

The HE is a great alternative though. It works great, just doesn't hit as hard or burn as much as lexington's HE bombs. 

Both work great, but AP really is only good for German BBs...its mediocre on any other nation bbs and does nothing to anything else..

Id say switch to lex if you must have HE, but stay with enterprise if you can weild the 2x TBs well. 

Edited by Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles
22 hours ago, Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds said:

Basically, bringing AP is like specing a full AA atlanta.

You go into a game with the hopes you'll see german battleships, or in the atlantas case, carriers. 

When you do, be prepared to shine. If not..poop...youll only be avg. 

The HE is a great alternative though. It works great, just doesn't hit as hard or burn as much as lexington's HE bombs. 

Both work great, but AP really is only good for German BBs...its mediocre on any other nation bbs and does nothing to anything else..

Id say switch to lex if you must have HE, but stay with enterprise if you can weild the 2x TBs well. 

I have switched to HE loadout and played 5 games so far.  It seems that the fire and flood damage over time has more of an impact since I can hit all targets not just German B.B.  and 3 of the 5 games I manage to score above 135k damage.  Where as AP bomb load out it’s a hit or miss.  Lexington does have heavier DB loadout but I prefer the Enterprise 2-2-2 over what Lexington has and also I love to play with Tb and fighters.  I will try more matches with this set up and see how it goes.  

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,533 battles

Look no further, AP bombs is the way to go.

shot-17_10.09_15_59.58-0584.thumb.jpg.37fdd7892c8a511159e550b3f437cbff.jpg

Edited by xKSNx

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,533 battles
2 hours ago, Not_Your_Average_Potato said:

Nice game!  

Thanks. 

This is my opinion,

I got very lucky because there were 2 Bismarks in that game :Smile_teethhappy:, But from my experience AP bombs work very well on:

-Nelson

-Sharnhorst

-Fuso

-Nagato(sometimes)

Spoiler

Inkedshot-17_10.13_09_29.50-0619_LI.thumb.jpg.a43393fc222da3074f65b17ec356749d.jpg

-Destroyers(If you can ALT an idle or a destroyer moving in a straight line, You will decimate at least 1/3 its HP)

Just incase anyone is wondering, AP bombs are not "completely" situational:cap_like:

Edited by xKSNx

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles
3 hours ago, xKSNx said:

Thanks. 

This is my opinion,

I got very lucky because there were 2 Bismarks in that game :Smile_teethhappy:, But from my experience AP bombs work very well on:

-Nelson

-Sharnhorst

-Fuso

-Nagato(sometimes)

Hide contents

Inkedshot-17_10.13_09_29.50-0619_LI.thumb.jpg.a43393fc222da3074f65b17ec356749d.jpg

-Destroyers(If you can ALT an idle or a destroyer moving in a straight line, You will decimate at least 1/3 its HP)

Just incase anyone is wondering, AP bombs are not "completely" situational:cap_like:

Good to know.  Cause against most cruisers and dds its does like 800 damage most of the time. 

Sign in to follow this