You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OtterSWillDominate

Gamecenter error

12 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
611 battles

3 full installs done within the past 24 hours, not working. Just take the Game Center to the backyard and bury it there, preferrably with some of its developers in the same pit along with the wiseguys who thinks that a beta version of an software is a perfectly good solution to be the only way to install/update their product.

• Cool 2

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
196 posts
4,572 battles
1 minute ago, JanusBacchus said:

3 full installs done within the past 24 hours, not working. Just take the Game Center to the backyard and bury it there, preferrably with some of its developers in the same pit along with the wiseguys who thinks that a beta version of an software is a perfectly good solution to be the only way to install/update their product.

Never had an issue with the Gamecenter and now mine work perfectly again. No idea what you complaining about.... It's called a beta for a reason

Members
6 posts
611 battles

It is indeed called beta for reason. and that reason is that the software is not considered to be ready and is in the testing phase. Meaning even the developers know the software has issues and bugs and we the users are ment to find them. So yeah, good for you that the Gamecenter works with you, but for me several install attempts with 2 different machines now have failed to work. "Unable to download updates. check your internet connection and try later." Well, I'm writing to this forum, so my internet connection should be ok. But still the Gamecenter is unable to update either EU or NA client. And no, "uninstall and reinstall" is not the advice I'm willing to hear any longer as I have done about 5 full reinstalls withing the last 48 hours in addition to been forced to reinstall my whole system from scratch.

To me this looks like a case where WG fixed something that wasn't broken (=the old launcher) by replacing it with something they hope would work. Having seen their track record in developing the games and introducing content that is simply not ready (for example Graf Zeppelin) that unfortunately does not surprise me one bit.

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles
7 minutes ago, JanusBacchus said:

It is indeed called beta for reason. and that reason is that the software is not considered to be ready and is in the testing phase. Meaning even the developers know the software has issues and bugs and we the users are ment to find them. So yeah, good for you that the Gamecenter works with you, but for me several install attempts with 2 different machines now have failed to work. "Unable to download updates. check your internet connection and try later." Well, I'm writing to this forum, so my internet connection should be ok. But still the Gamecenter is unable to update either EU or NA client. And no, "uninstall and reinstall" is not the advice I'm willing to hear any longer as I have done about 5 full reinstalls withing the last 48 hours in addition to been forced to reinstall my whole system from scratch.

To me this looks like a case where WG fixed something that wasn't broken (=the old launcher) by replacing it with something they hope would work. Having seen their track record in developing the games and introducing content that is simply not ready (for example Graf Zeppelin) that unfortunately does not surprise me one bit.

Many people have posted the original launcher on threads. Here is one. :Smile_honoring:

To download the original installer go here please:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/131789-original-installer/

Members
6 posts
611 battles

Well whaddaya know, the damn thing actually works now. All it required is to run it as administrator. You know, that might be a good thing to mention when the software installs itself.

Members
17 posts
3,183 battles

Yea im so done with wargaming right now...i spent most of yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game as well as game center just for it to continue crashing today. Im barely able to launch the game and when i do and try and enter a game the entire client crashes

Members
6 posts
611 battles

Right click the shortcut on your desktop and there should be an option to "Run as administrator". 

If not, choose "Properties", then choose "Compatibility" and there in the bottom you should check "Run this program as an administrator"

• Cool 1