You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_LordAdmiralNelson_

Will not "update game components"

6 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
3,183 battles

Whenever i try and open up the game client i get stuck on the screen where it scans for updates. It's like it just freezes on "updating game components: receiving updates". Please if anyone can help or is having the same issue please post it...as per usual customer support is not being any help

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 11.54.02 AM.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,127 posts
8,741 battles

Do you have the game center installed? If you do you need to use that to get the updates.

Members
23 posts

I'm having the same problem and the old launcher isn't working either.  I've tried the beta launcher (why the F beta is released as standard to paying customers I've no idea) and I've tried the legacy launcher and both sit on that screenshot you shared.  WG is an S show.  I can't wait for another dev to come along and make a better more stable better balanced game.  WG should be ashamed of themselves.

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles

The last update corrupted the files so bad, I had to uninstall.  I have to wait until the hours of 2-5 AM to download 43GBs of data to reinstall into my windows 10 system.  I only get a 50GB allotment every month using satellite.  Why can't I just get a DVD mailed to me to avoid all this [edited] downloading?  The update always works fine for my old and slow laptop using windows 7.  This is the second time an update corrupted the files, and I get a "red" message to contact WG support.  this is crap script writing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,127 posts
8,741 battles

Try Check and Repair under the settings sub tab on the WoWS portion of the WGC. If this doesn't do it removal and reinstalling is probably the solution.