You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seamus_44

Birthday Party Awards and Collections

42 comments in this topic

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Looks like we have a fun couple of weeks seeking out how to win new medals and get goodies. Hats off to the WoWs team for another great way to get the players involved and gaining new skills.

Last time a thread here helped figure out the puzzle. I've uncovered one. Play a game with a 19 point skipper and get Skipper On Deck. The award is on collection item, and while the award can be obtained once a day, the collection item is once per day.

skipperondeck.png.f6ed625a6627b7fb0941334ca3882be6.png

Edited by Seamus_44

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

No tier 10's and no 19 point captains. :Smile-angry: This is a self inflicted wound caused by my almost no grinding style of play, once I get my win in a ship I move on to another.

• Cool 2

[PNG]
Members
189 posts
3,160 battles

Wellp, no completion for me then. Been playing the game 2 years and the best I have is a 16 pointer. :fish_palm: Good luck to everyone else.

[ADR]
Members
809 posts
5,472 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

No tier 10's and no 19 point captains. :Smile-angry: This is a self inflicted wound caused by my almost no grinding style of play, once I get my win in a ship I move on to another.

I play the same way, but I do have 1 tier 10 the gearing and 2 or 3 17 pt captains. Still I won't be completing that one either.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
Just now, Koschka said:

I play the same way, but I do have 1 tier 10 the gearing and 2 or 3 17 pt captains. Still I won't be completing that one either.

I have several 15 pointers but even flying captains experience flags am a long long way from 19.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I have received this achievement several times with ships that did not have a 19 point captain in them. I don't think this is the requirement.

• Cool 2

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,094 battles
26 minutes ago, Seamus_44 said:

Looks like we have a fun couple of weeks seeking out how to win new medals and get goodies. Hats off to the WoWs team for another great way to get the players involved and gaining new skills.

Last time a thread here helped figure out the puzzle. I've uncovered one. Play a game with a 19 point skipper and get Skipper On Deck. The award is on collection item, and while the award can be obtained once a day, the collection item is once per day.

having a 19 point commander isnt neccesary.

Got this achievement twice: One with Donskoi (12 point commander) and the other time with Bismarck (15 point commander). The thing in common between then was that i was the top XP earner in the winning side in randoms.

Bonus: another achievement requires sinking 2 bots (in coop, i didnt play OPs);

The other one i got was related to Bismarck while playing the ship herself.

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Strange... I've opened the collection process already. 

Got "Skipper on Deck". Then came "2 Years of World of Warships" into the collection. Then I got "You've Got a Parcel Waiting for You!" (for which it states the reward is granted once every 24 hours). 

In the collection it shows "Battle Day Delivery"  as well. 

Confusing thing is - no container is available to open. I played a Tier X match in my GK. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
30 minutes ago, Seamus_44 said:

Look at this stopped at a light. 

Had to double take because I thought it said, "stripper'. :cap_wander:

True story.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[ADR]
Members
809 posts
5,472 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have several 15 pointers but even flying captains experience flags am a long long way from 19.

Same the closest one I have is about I believe 75k from being a 18pt one, not sure how much it takes to go from 18 to 19 but I imagine close to 300k.

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,094 battles

ATTENTION ALL CAPTAINS:

Before you guys raise your pitchforks, remember u can use a repeated collective to get the ones u dont have. ALSO that u can only get a repeated one in the next day.

[SSGS]
Members
65 posts
12,321 battles

I got one for Fancy Ships for playing my ARP Takao.

Probably need HSF or ARP ship to get this.

Members
155 posts
10,015 battles

"Fabulous Fuses" for RN cruisers. Ties with the collection Item "British Invasion"

I got it mid in a match probably at hitting either 50 ap shell hits or 50k damage (about at the same time so I cant be sure). May or may not be connected to using smoke. I was in the open at that time but already used a couple of smoke screens.

"I got the Skipper on Deck" too earlier. I lost the game in a Monarch and was 2nd in XP on my team. However I survived. Captain was only 17pts. Judging by the item and text it referes to the skill system overhaul and jokes about the RPF discussion. So my best bet would be either survive a game vs RPF or have a skipper with a new skill (well only "new" i had was AR and FP. Both not new but seriously buffed).

[SSGS]
Members
65 posts
12,321 battles

I got Skipper on Deck in my Fujin with 18 point cap.  Got top score, 3 kills (1 with guns, 2 with torps), and 84K damage, but did not survive.

Edited by MrYee

Alpha Tester
2,722 posts
4,314 battles

Got Skipper on Deck with my 10pts Shchors captain...my captain did get his next point in that match though...he has IFHE.\

BTW, the item is added directly into your profile, no container opening needed.

[PEPE]
Members
31 posts
3,612 battles

Played 4 battles in a North Carolina, won all 4.

Had "Skipper on deck" in all 4 battles and "Parcel waiting for you" twice.

17 point captain, I do have a 19 pointer and 500k elite xp in the bank.

Came 1st, 11th (ouch), 3rd and 2nd place. Least damage done was 28k, had the parcel one in the first and 4th battles.

I don't see any other patterns, for example I did not get a citadel in every match or anything like that.

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
2 hours ago, MrYee said:

I got one for Fancy Ships for playing my ARP Takao.

Probably need HSF or ARP ship to get this.

Played S. Dragon and did not get it, but they capped our base and we lose. maybe it takes a win?

Update, just won in a ARP Atago, no joy on a Fancy Ships

Edited by Seamus_44

[PEPE]
Members
31 posts
3,612 battles
22 minutes ago, KC_zz15 said:

Played 4 battles in a North Carolina, won all 4.

Had "Skipper on deck" in all 4 battles and "Parcel waiting for you" twice.

17 point captain, I do have a 19 pointer and 500k elite xp in the bank.

Came 1st, 11th (ouch), 3rd and 2nd place. Least damage done was 28k, had the parcel one in the first and 4th battles.

I don't see any other patterns, for example I did not get a citadel in every match or anything like that.

TA2tmLm.jpg

Can I please start getting some variety in my awards? I don't need 5 of these, thanks.

Edited by KC_zz15

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
33 minutes ago, KC_zz15 said:

Can I please start getting some variety in my awards? I don't need 5 of these, thanks.

Please let us know what you think lead to getting the award.

[PEPE]
Members
31 posts
3,612 battles
3 minutes ago, Seamus_44 said:

Please let us know what you think lead to getting the award.

Did you just ignore my post where I detailed everything I suspected could be influencing it?

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
16 minutes ago, KC_zz15 said:

Did you just ignore my post where I detailed everything I suspected could be influencing it?

Didn't realize you were quoting yourself. What was the name of the award on the left?

[PEPE]
Members
31 posts
3,612 battles
Just now, Seamus_44 said:

Didn't realize you were quoting yourself. What was the name of the award on the left?

"Parcel waiting for you"

May not be the exact name but it's something close to that. I'm suspecting one of the triggers for it is come in the top two.

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
1 minute ago, KC_zz15 said:

"Parcel waiting for you"

May not be the exact name but it's something close to that. I'm suspecting one of the triggers for it is come in the top two.

Thanks.

[PEPE]
Members
31 posts
3,612 battles
56 minutes ago, Seamus_44 said:

Thanks.

Played my independence and got Skipper on deck again.

Only connections I've seen between all 6 of them:

T6 or higher, Win, American ship, 28k or more damage, 13 point or higher captain, 1 skill point unused on said captain, 19 point captain on account, over 500k elite captain xp in reserve, 370k free xp unused.

*update:*

T6 or higher, Win, 28k or more damage, 13 point or higher captain, 19 point captain on account, over 500k elite captain xp in reserve, 370k free xp unused.

I have gotten it on every single win today and haven't seen many others get it, which makes me think that the requirement to get it is to win a game with X amount of elite captain's XP free for you to spend on your account. That's my best guess.

Edited by KC_zz15