You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shaoxiao

Game Center Bug - "Unable to handle application files"

10 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,327 battles

Bug: Patch installations will bug out and refuse to work in the Game Center application. Full game installations issues have yet to be tested.
Cause: The drive where the game is installed does not have enough disk space to install. Regardless of freeing up space, the patch will not install at any point after this, resulting in an error message: "unable to handle application files."

User solution: Go into the directory of the listed file (the update file) and delete it. Restart your computer and run the patch download and installation again. Deleting AND restarting are both necessary steps. Running Game Center as admin is not necessary (as others may have recommended.. which is honestly the 2017 version of "have you tried turning it off and on again?").

Steps taken that did not work: Prior solution steps done individually including running the application as admin after restarting game center. 

I hope this helped others who have had this problem with this issue before and any future patches. Do link others to this thread if they have this issue until the devs figure this out (I wouldnt put it past WG that this issue happens on any and all WG titles launched thru this new app). 

Edited by Shaoxiao
  • Cool 3

Members
9 posts
1,365 battles

Nope, 

Now Sept 24, have not been able to update World of Warship since August 29.

Attempted fresh install of World of Warship.

All failed during installation when Wargaming Center attempts to contact the update server.

So far Support as told me to re-install

To turn off my firewall

Turn off my Anti-Virus

I'm pretty sure soon they're going to tell me to purchase a new computer.

Then I wonder what they'll say if that doesn't solve the problem either.

Edited by Pogo68

[SAA]
Members
1 post
3,082 battles

My son has just received this error in the latest Halloween update 0.6.12.0! He's been running and updating WOWS on his Acer Windows 10 (Home Edition) laptop. it's running an i5-7200, with 12 GB RAM and a hard drive that still has over 800GB of room left! There should be plenty of room left and it's a 64-bit OS, so he has access to the full memory. The Gaming Centre keeps auto trying every minute, with no resolution. I've gone in and deleted the client/update folders and it just recreates them and still, nothing resolves. I've removed the read-only properties of the folders and that also did nothing.

I can't find anything on the War Gaming site about this. Has anyone some ideas or suggestions?

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles

Some people have tried deleting the contents of this folder as well, \Games\Warships\UpdatesData\client

Perhaps try copying the folder to another location to save the data in case it is needed. Then just delete the contents. Mine is currently empty. Perhaps check yours to see is something is in there?

Others for a different error  (exception access error) have deleted their Preferences.xml file...

Members
18 posts
4,432 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 3:14 AM, Pogo68 said:

Nope, 

Now Sept 24, have not been able to update World of Warship since August 29.

Attempted fresh install of World of Warship.

All failed during installation when Wargaming Center attempts to contact the update server.

So far Support as told me to re-install

To turn off my firewall

Turn off my Anti-Virus

I'm pretty sure soon they're going to tell me to purchase a new computer.

Then I wonder what they'll say if that doesn't solve the problem either.

don't worry i feel your pain, i haven't played since August patch. taken me since than to get the launcher to get loaded without a problem, but now the game just sits there saying it doesn't have a internet connection.

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Members
5 posts
4,327 battles

Still getting this issue months after the first report (0.7.2x). Launcher wastes 30 minutes trying to install a tiny 23mb then throws an "unable to handle" error. Nothing fixes it, even after 3 attempts to reinstall.

Edited by TitosGatito

[143RD]
Members
16 posts
5,242 battles

This is why I use the Classic Launcher: The Game Center is still too buggy for me to be able to justify installing it.

The day WG makes it's use mandatory will be the day I very seriously consider deleting all their games off my PC.