Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

All your stuttering in WoWs turned out to be Windows all along

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

GET ready for the hate - it can ONLY be caused by WG and nothing else.... :Smile-_tongue:  Absolutely nothing else in the mix when it comes to stuttering and lag.

Edited by CylonRed

[RIPQP]
Members
3,706 posts
14,488 battles

Misleading title.

All your stuttering

What about those who don't use windows 10?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles
34 minutes ago, m373x said:

Misleading title.

What about those who don't use windows 10?

I only noticed the stuttering after 0.6.10, so there is that.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,239 battles

ugg mine was on but the game bar never  comes on screen.  so not sure if it was active during gaming

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,758 battles

Interesting.  I hope that this will help with some oddball stuttering I've been having.

[YORHA]
Members
3,245 posts

Using Win 7 64 and just started getting the stuttering after the introduction of DX11.  Not very frequent but it is there.

Beta Testers
470 posts
6,352 battles

Not fanboi-ing either MS or WG but for me I play a lot of different games over the small spare time I have each day.  Only WoWS stutters.  I am not saying that there isnt issues with the OS.  Heck Im a techie and there is a boatload of things they need to fix, but OP you are basically taking the line that it IS the OS's fault.  Given many of us starting seeing the stuttering after the update. 

[EREKT]
Members
753 posts
5,761 battles

Install LatencyMon!! It's a program that tallies how long every windows process runs over a given period of time. Run it while you play for a minute or two. It also measures a few other things that can cause stuttering, I'm at work so I can't explain it better. Anyway, I used it and found out my motherboard audio software was the culprit. Since I use the HDMI audio through the video card, I was able to just disable it and it went away. Also, I've noticed microstuttering... I was able to rid that by enabling Vsync and triple buffering, I also ran Aslain's mod congregator and selected the 120fps frame rate cap. Doesn't war gaming normally cap it around 80fps? Look more into the triple buffering/vsync thing, I think the higher 120fps framerate cap works with the triple buffering somehow... Made my game butter smooth., just like Flamu and Noster's footage.

I do get a stutter here and there still. It's usually only once a game maybe, if that... probably background processes like Zone alarm etc.

EJ

Sign in to follow this