You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Your Personal Game-Killer

65 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
2,443 posts
4,080 battles

Have you ever had a ship that you find so unpleasant to play that it actually makes you want to take an extended absence from the game? A ship that you find so unenjoyable that it's a struggle just to finish matches in it? If so, which one?

For me, it's the Hood. There's nothing about a clumsy, blind, under-gunned battleship that appeals to me. She has a terrible gimmick, and feels out of place anywhere and everywhere on the ocean. I bought the darned thing, so I keep forcing myself to play it, but I've never had so little fun in this game. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I actually Like all my ships although I play mostly high tier games I do enjoy helping my friends move up the pain trail to the higher tiers. I have all the ships I have done the grind on except the Schors. Did not like it and was happy to get through it and sell it. So that must be the ship I would call the "Game Killer"

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles

Gneisenau was kind of like that with me. Sure, it was fast, and yeah it was pretty tough, and it has torpedoes... but those guns are so useless and the 2ndaries really don't make up the difference and you have to be stupid close to stand a real chance of hitting with torps, plus it only has 3 per side. Ugh I hated it. I had like 80% of the grind left when the Hunt for Bismarck event started, and I decided that there was no way in hell I was letting that event end without getting a free Bismarck and skipping all that terrible Gneisenau grinding.

I'll forgive a ship a lot of faults if it has a strong main battery, but the Gneis... no just no. Apparently I am from the KamiSamuri school of battleships. Your main battery is always your main source of damage. Not with the Gneisenau it wasn't. On that ship, my main battery was my main source of peptic ulcers and a stroke.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,614 battles

The New Hatsuharu, in its stock form, I could no longer play it was so bad and as I was saving all Free Exp for a better ship I could not upgrade her. The pain of playing this ship at Tier six really made me sad, when she was at Tier 7 I really enjoyed her, in fact my highest base exp was in the old Hatsu, 4k+. WG really gutted that ship. 

The other game killing ship was the Tier 6 and Tier 7 in the French cruiser line, those two junk buckets were so bad I gave up the French line. Sold both and decide better ship deserve my time.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,802 posts
18,754 battles

The HMS Hood is a favorite of mien,  The only ship I hated was that horrible tier four (4) Japanese battleship

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,443 posts
4,080 battles
1 minute ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

The HMS Hood is a favorite of mien,  The only ship I hated was that horrible tier four (4) Japanese battleship

Ishizuchi (the premium) or Myogi (the non-premium)?

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,802 posts
18,754 battles

The Ishizuhi is a joy to play I just hate that Myogi  ! ! !

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,695 battles
10 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

The Ishizuhi is a joy to play I just hate that Myogi  ! ! !

The Ishizuhi should have been the T4 ship.  It blended 3/5 much better.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

The Ishizuhi should have been the T4 ship.  It blended 3/5 much better.

Agreed, but then what would have been the premium? No sane person would ever part with real money for Myogi.

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,674 battles

Everyone have the moment when a ship's skill floor exceeds your mastery.

My initial experience with my Konigsberg couldn't be worse, everytime I see a battleship I instantly goes back to port.

Now whenever I meet a bb lower than tier 7:

dhCRPG0.png

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
7,974 battles

Actually, the state of CV's drove me to take a few weeks off from the game and even when I came back, not touch them, having played them the most since they were introduced in Alpha/Beta weekend. Actually hit a point it completely broke my spirit as Enterprise was coming out (that and lack of money is why I still don't own one).

Beyond that, Pensacola, Gnei, one of the lower tier German BB's New York (I think it's been buffed since then), Colorado, couple of the RU ships I just blanked from my memory entirely, Emerald and till recently Leander, Iron Duke is getting to that stage. Only reason I list no IJN ships is that the only ones I really had issues with are the CV's, again, overall CV balance issues, though, I've also struggled a bit with the IJN cruisers.

Members
1,498 posts
7,423 battles

I can't play the hood anymore, it's dispersion is just too frustrating.  That being said, no ships make me want to stop playing, just overall game play mechanics and meta that do.

Edited by Hangoverhomey
  • Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,065 posts
17,029 battles

After (pre-turret-buff) Warspite, Hood was a joy to use.

Des Moines for me. I refuse to use it in randoms at all, and only take it out in Co-op when I need to play a mission with a T10 ship, and that mode qualifies.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
475 posts
5,454 battles

The only thing that got me through Gneisenau was getting the Bismarck, despite have a 71% WR with it lol. Sold it ASAP bought Scharnhorst instead :D But the REAL stinker for me was the New York. It literally took me forever to finish that grind. MM didn't help, and it forced me to get better, but I just couldn't deal with it. I loved all the USN BBs, a few games from Montana now, but would've had it MUCH sooner if it weren't for NY...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles

In no particular order:

Hatsuharu

Nurnberg

Emerald

Colorado

Special mention: 

Hipper (I don't really hate playing Hipper, even though it's pretty meh even for a cruiser. I just don't understand what point it serves when Bismarck is just flat out better at everything. )

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I do badly sometimes, but if i comeback later on, I tend to do better.  ,  Stock FDG grind was totally painful and still not done. (I did get the hull and engine upgrade, which made it   usable now, but no desire to continue.       I also tend to not play ships once I am done with the grind.   oh well.    

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,634 battles

Stock Izumo - think I played 2 games in it and it hasn't left port since - 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

Hatsuharu, Mutsuki, New York, and Khabarovsk. The one that infuriated me the most was Khaba, so I sold her and haven't looked back.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,695 battles
9 hours ago, chopshop64 said:

Stock Izumo - think I played 2 games in it and it hasn't left port since - 

This, I recently rebought her for I think the fourth time.  I WILL finish the grind to Yamato.

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,137 battles

No.  I have lots of "fun botes" that I will pick up and play to spruce up my mood when I get frustrated.  High tier USN DDs, Scharnhorst, Mogami, Clemson, Yugumo/Shimikaze, Belfast, Tirpitz/Bismarck are all fun ships for me.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,778 posts
12,906 battles

Can't recall any.  There were a few I didn't like as I learned the game, but that was because of my skill level.  The one's I didn't like moving through the lines I often enjoy now.

But it's a lot like flavors of ice cream.  In the same way we have a taste palate for ice cream, so we also have a metaphorical palate for certain ships.  Take OP and the disdain for Hood. I enjoy playing the Hood.  Different palates. Different tastes.