You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sprocket_Grease

Random Battles....no thanks

49 comments in this topic

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,635 battles

It's basically no fun anymore.  MM is ridiculous, more and more battles are lopsided as [edited], and I have no desire to play nearly as much as I used to.

I find Co-op much more relaxing, and who gives a ripe [edited] if the rewards are small.  Of course they should be!  That and the teamwork I find is SOOOOO much better (well, better anyhow).

Anybody else feel this way, or am I just burned out?

Oh....and InB4 some yackoff brings it up:

Spoiler

yeah....I know I suck.  BFD..... 

• Cool 6

[CINA]
[CINA]
Members
9 posts
442 battles

Co-op is my home, comrade. Come see me sometime, I am the one with all Russian ships, but only up to tier 5. Tried Random battles, but get my ship broken too early in game.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

from t4 to t5 is a huge jump as well, so  that makes it less fun.     t4 is a sweet spot in this game for random

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,501 battles
34 minutes ago, Sprocket_Grease said:

It's basically no fun anymore.  MM is ridiculous, more and more battles are lopsided as [edited], and I have no desire to play nearly as much as I used to.

I find Co-op much more relaxing, and who gives a ripe [edited] if the rewards are small.  Of course they should be!  That and the teamwork I find is SOOOOO much better (well, better anyhow).

Reveal hidden contents

Yea I kinda feel the same way facing a Vll Cruiser in a V Cruiser is ok once in a blue moon but lately there's a lot a blue moons couple this was still suffering PTSD from the big Cruiser nerf and that was a long time ago and I play much less than I use to

I like playing the Zao although since the change rightfully so of some game mechanics it went from close to top dog to a labradoole .. still enjoy the game just don't play as much

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Play whatever mode, whatever ship, and whatever tier you enjoy playing.

Anyone who gives you grief about it is a twit.

• Cool 5

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles

Co-op is fine for fun.  I play it a lot. I can only take the stress of bout 3-4 games in random since I am an old fart and my nerves, brain, stomach, kidneys, eyes, etc. are shot. Ya!  Like tonight for instance.  I won 1 in random and lost 3.  ISSUE!  Damn I was #1 in 1 game and in top 3 in the others. I don't like losing when I am playing well. I hate to blame teams but 1 team was a total potato. Hell I can potato like a wild man but when I am playing well I don't want others to suck as bad as I can. Heh.  Make sense? :Smile_amazed:  Strange game at times.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,242 battles

I find myself turning more and more to Coop, most of the fun has gone out of Random. I ground out Monarch and Lion from stock all in Coop. Also play through my 19 pt captains in it. Certainly would never bring my T5 ships to Random anymore, being uptiered is no fun.... totally understand what you're saying. 

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Sprocket_Grease said:

Yes I surely do, and note some mindless cretin will pipe in with something like "git guud."

It's a farce too many times,  as you are sloughed onto a totally dead talent team, a sure loss from the get-go, and you have to go through the motions of some 10-15minutes to get it over with. This is fun? It's a serious problem they have here because the experience is very unpleasant. And this negatively reinforces a tendency to come on less. I've played a few battles a day for a month and leave as soon as I feel another colossal losing streak weighing in. I know I am not alone.

I'm not whining about it--it is what it is. But I am seriously considering Coop play at this point to avoid the time-wasting battles on Random, I have to say.

But I love the game and the ships! It will evolve.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

Random battles can be great fun thru tier 4. After that you are just a snack for the better players and higher tier'd ships. I would imagine tier 10, maybe 9 are ok since you sit at the top of the food chain.

Coop is great fun, the people as a whole are nice and if you just want to blast boats and blow off steam, no place better. The rewards are tiny and that makes the grind really long. I scored over 100k in damage with the Orion on a second play (in other words no first win bonus) and no xp signals/camo. My xp earnings were 399.... It is pretty pointless to play more than one game per ship, farming first wins are about the only way to go in PvE. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Welcome to the co-op club! We co-op players welcome you with open arms my friend! :Smile_honoring:

Also, if you haven't already, play some of the operations! Theres a few that are fairly fun. :)

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

If Co_Op is your cup o tea then by all means  play there. Those who do are often burnt out from the lopsided MM in Randoms. I have been lately playing with friends helping them move up the ship Tiers so have been in many t5 vs t7 battles. The challenges faced by my friends  are not so bad when I explain to them the strengths and weaknesses of their enemy,and their own ships . I push the How to videos made by many YouTube practitioners, point them to the Wiki, and here to Little white mouse's & Lert's ship reviews. Knowledge is Power. The more you learn, the better you become. I have read many folks who choose to play Co-Op like the relaxed pace of play and see a better showing of teamwork. I see it in Random when comms are used. Everyone plays their game their way,I get that. It is of my opinion Random battle below tier 5 is blatant Baby Seal clubbing. T5&6 adult seal clubbing. The game starts to become a challenge @ T 7 and up,in Random Battles . I have respect for the Folks who stay in Co-Op, It is their way of having Fun. Fun is the only way I see this game or any other,If it isn't Fun why bother right? 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles

I play Randoms with friends a bit, I mostly stay with Co-Op and OPS. So much more fun, and fun is what counts with games.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Certainly nothing wrong with making Co-op your main gig.  Enjoyment is the point, after all.

Really the only thing that bothers me in Randoms is seeing conspicuously bad play from others.  Play that is so bad that it puts the rest of the team at risk of losing.  It takes a lot of effort for me to not say anything in chat...

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

I do know what you're talking about though, maybe not for the same reasons.  A thousand or so battles in the same game can get a bit old, especially after you get through the first few tiers and it becomes harder and harder to make it to the next level without opening the piggy bank to buy some relief.  

I, personally, take a couple of approaches. 

1) I use other WG games as a bit of a change of pace, sometimes I fly planes in WOWP (in which I am death from above) and WOT (at which I am truly a miserable potato) but its enough different from WOWS that when I come back it makes the game feel fresher. 

2) I don't do the grind.  I am one of those insane players who keeps all of her ships and takes them out for a spin now and then.  I personally use a rotation which puts me in my higher tier ships most of the time, but drops me down to lower tiers as well.  There's nothing like getting the snot beat out of you in a tier eight match up and then looking at your schedule and realizing the next ship in line is the Wyoming (one of my personal favorites) or another of those lower tiered ships you haven't played in a while.  

And it's not wasted time, I'm still earning credits, still training captains, still bringing in containers with nifty goodies, and just overall getting better and I'm having fun while I'm doing it.  That's not to say I won't get bored eventually, that happened to me after the Project R event where I just put everything into it and afterwards nothing about WOWS seemed that horribly interesting for a while.  

But you know, if I had to do it the way most players do, I'd probably burn out pretty quickly so it's awesome for those of you who can pull it off.  

3) Try other battle modes, like Co-op.  I'm not into Co-op so much.  Generally I only use it when I have a new ship and I am horribly and truly BAD at it.  

One thing I will do is play some of the scenarios though which I find interesting and not too detrimental to my accumulation of credits or experience.  I also have a LOT of fun in Ranked Battles because I like how it almost forces everyone to fight as a team and the fact that I'll be going up (and probably losing, but going up anyway) against some really good players and ... I just sorta want to test myself and see if I can learn from it all. 

Anyway, it's kind of the variety that keeps me coming back and that is, for better or worse, my sage advice or, alternatively, really bad advice I have to give on the subject.   :cap_cool:

Best of luck.  :Smile_great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

The last several thousand games I've played were in Co-op, but for the past few months I've barely touched this game.

Part of that was burnout, pat of it was other, more interesting games coming out.

You do you, the way you prefer, and illegitimi non carborundum.

1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Git gewd

This, this right here, this is a troll post.

yrwss.jpg

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

I used to play co-op here and there, but it's so boring that I really can't stomach it anymore. I still play co-op in CVs because I want to work on my understanding of the class before unleashing premiums on random battles, but that's it. 

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,635 battles
12 hours ago, Beornotns said:

Hey man, you're better than I am!  Just keep on keepin' on!  You can do this!

The 2nd anniversary stuff is around the corner!  You gotta stay and get free stuff!!!

~B

Thank you. And thanks for the other intelligent responses (you know who you are!)  I appreciate the encouragement.

The 2nd anniversary could be good, but then again, this is WG.... 

Members
728 posts
3,789 battles
4 hours ago, Sprocket_Grease said:

Thank you. And thanks for the other intelligent responses (you know who you are!)  I appreciate the encouragement.

The 2nd anniversary could be good, but then again, this is WG.... 

Well, I JUST picked up my FIRST Tier X ship on WoWS!  The Tier TEN Kriegsmarine Battleship, the Großer Kurfürst! Woot!  Just got it this morning!

11.6km secondaries!  Nothing says "Close Quarters Battle" like shooting ships from over 7 miles away!!!  :cap_haloween:

~B

• Cool 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
15 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Sealclub in T3/T4 Randoms..then drop to co-op for something dumb like playing CVs..

I do that every now and then but often wind up being clubbed by the other seal clubbers!  :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
7 minutes ago, Beornotns said:

Well, I JUST picked up my FIRST Tier X ship on WoWS!  The Tier TEN Kriegsmarine Battleship, the Großer Kurfürst! Woot!  Just got it this morning!

11.6km secondaries!  Nothing says "Close Quarters Battle" like shooting ships from over 7 miles away!!!  :cap_haloween:

~B

Grats! GK is a beast! My 1st tier 10 was Hindenberg, another example of Teutonic might. :cap_like:

My only other tier 10 is Des Moines.

• Cool 2

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I play both, but more Co-op than Random because often during the week I come home brain dead - kind of like a bot and it's all I'm good for.  While I myself may be more alert on weekends it's hit or miss if the rest of the team is. The two modes really are two different play styles.  With habits learned in one, getting you into trouble in the other.  On the whole I find Co-op a good place to relax, learn, experiment with new ships, or get back in touch with an old favorite.  Randoms though are much more personally rewarding.  When you do something well, get a karma point, survive in an up-tiered T5 CL, or win four in a row, it feels fantastic.  And if you're having a bad run it's nice to have Co-op there to take a break.

Oh, and sucking is relative - you're doing better than I am as well.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
9,185 battles
19 hours ago, Sprocket_Grease said:

Reveal hidden contents

Good for you nothing wrong with gaming to relax.

• Cool 1