Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Air dropping onions with Sir Davos.

42 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Yeah. I did it. I tried it. It is strangely addictive... Yeah, I know, co-op. But for my second game I think I did okay...

7LwXWqK.jpg

Okay, I've watched several videos on the 'tube, but if anyone has any "hacks" post them up... Off to the Saipain! (kidding) 

• Cool 3

[TF16B]
Members
8,039 posts
16,977 battles

That would be this; but for just a couple of games in co-op; you did pretty good.

sq4ZKx.jpg

The real fun starts like what happened in this game; all the Greens died except me; and there were still five Reds alive (four cruisers and the red Zuiho,) when it happened...

...but then being able to deal with that is something that comes with experience. I'm not a CV main by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have 2,500+ CV games under my belt in all modes.

Keep up your practice; maybe look me up in-game and send a port chat if you're still up after 2330 and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

I love the t4 CVs, Hosho is even better, but when I tried to move past t4... I got smacked down pretty hard. 

Edit: Old profile name, but still my best Langley game.

59b88c2aea884_ScreenShot2017-07-29at8_59_31PM.thumb.png.3ce2020a118a9fd2206d8cca050d6035.png

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Cool 1

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

Patience young padawan, you have much to learn. Your still at T4, once you get to 6 you have to learn manual drops.

Plus bots arent as easy as Players.

Spoiler

NJtnKCj.jpg

Edited by devastator5000
  • Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles

Good for your first couple games. Once you get use to actually aiming torps/DB's (you can adjust the angle of auto drops, for better effect to counter attempts at dodging or actually drop slightly the range they are from the target), you can do terrifying numbers of damage. Thing is that they are kinda op at tier 4 and 5 due to lack of real AA. 6 is where the challenge starts because AA becomes insane fast, and while you don't ave to learn manual drops, you can put up big numbers without it you know what your doing, you HAVE to learn strafe if only because someone will use it against you, and make you use it against them. Much as I rally against the mechanics current form even I have made sure to be good enough with it when forced to use it. 

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
1,461 battles

Train up well young captain and someday you will achieve greatness in bringing the rain to your foes.

-Ditto, shameless share of my best langley win-

D1Vg37X.jpg

Edited by Fuyukaze
  • Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Wow...ya'all are sure giving me something to shoot for..(pun intended) Right now my plan is to upgrade the planes, then hit Randoms.... I really wasn't planning to grind yet another line....I was gonna ask for a Saipain or mayyyyyybe a Zepp for Christmas, but like ya'all said I have to learn how to manual drop... Can you strafe with Langley fighters? (dumb questions are all part of one of my threads...) 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles
23 minutes ago, Fuyukaze said:

Not anymore, all CVs below tier 6 have their alt attacks disabled.

A pity, I recently started the IJN carrier line (having pushed up the USN line as far as Lex), but I am bored to death with the new simplified drop mechanics. I can't even torp my own t5 carrier in desperation!

1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Wow...ya'all are sure giving me something to shoot for..(pun intended) Right now my plan is to upgrade the planes, then hit Randoms.... I really wasn't planning to grind yet another line....I was gonna ask for a Saipain or mayyyyyybe a Zepp for Christmas, but like ya'all said I have to learn how to manual drop... Can you strafe with Langley fighters? (dumb questions are all part of one of my threads...) 

Don't worry too much, it won't take you long to unlock tier6, where carrier play should get more interesting for you.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Doing the damage tonight...

49eqS0j.jpg

This is fun in a way...but kind of impersonal, if that makes sense for a video game... :cap_rambo: But I am King of the banzai charge... I dunno.. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Okay...tried the CV in Randoms...here is what I was expecting:

Here is what I got:

n9pCPN7.jpg 

Getting my :etc_swear: kicked! I feel like a total rookie. My planes are now made out of paper, and when I run out, I end up sailing around like a lost baby seal...until somebody shoots me. :etc_red_button: 

Maybe I need a flight deck cruiser? :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Maybe I need a flight deck cruiser? :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_teethhappy:

That would be the Graf Zeppelin. 

Otherwise I remember when I was starting it wasn't that bad (likely cause it was closed beta and no one knew how to carrier or play against carrier but that's another topic). But a few tips look for isolated targets, watch out for cruisers as they tend to have better AA and when in doubt never give up. But to be blunt the only way I know to becoming a good aircraft carrier captain is 80% determination and 20% reflective learning. 

[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Well, I can't buy a win...but this was me vs. a Hoshu...

82Ol82v.jpg

I honestly feel that getting kills in T4 or T5 randoms is much harder now without the manual drops.  It's easy to dodge my torps.  So I've sold my langley, hosho, zuiho, and bogue.   I've currently unlocked up to tier 8 in both tiers but I'm trying to focus on my T6 carriers to get good at the manual drops before I jump head first into the AA covered skies of T7+

I had a random match yesterday in my langley where it was down to me and 1 enemy BB and I definitely would've killed him with manual drops since I had plenty of planes.  But the spreads are so large on autodrops and apparently RNGesus was angry with me and I couldn't hit jack.  He chased me down (the langley makes a slug look jet powered) and killed me.

Edited by Tandin

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Thanks guys! 

Random dumb question of the day: How do you make the mini-map bigger while still in normal view. I've seen people do it in videos, but they never tell me how to change the size of the thing... Up or down... 

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

use the + key that should be the standard make minimap larger key.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Be berry berry quiet...I'm bunting DDs...

sXFtth4.jpg

...and onward and upward:

iFrDzRa.jpg

What build do you guys like on her for the second spot? I can't decide.. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Okay...a stock Bouge is freaking H O R I D. Seven Hells bad. I burned free XP to at least get the "@$$ cancer" loadout, which did help..but dang, the fighters suck against a fully upgraded one. :fish_glass: 

I just need a Saipan, LOL... :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Okay...a stock Bouge is freaking H O R I D. Seven Hells bad. I burned free XP to at least get the "@$$ cancer" loadout, which did help..but dang, the fighters suck against a fully upgraded one. :fish_glass: 

I just need a Saipan, LOL... :Smile_teethhappy: 

We all can empathize with this..

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Ugh. I just can't handle it. Anybody run strike Bouge? I needed to use my plasma money for pesky grown up stuff, or I'd just get a freaking Saipan. Brutal grind. :Smile_facepalm:

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,533 battles

The main point of playing a cv is to provide your team with air power and help your team win the objective. Killing important targets instead of farming dmg is essential for victory.

shot-17_09.03_22_14.28-0125.thumb.jpg.049fc9b995fa14929523b05592f77b2a.jpg

Even though doing damage is good, try to recognize that you are the backbone of your team.

And even though your team may be severely lacking...A good CV captain can carry almost any game.(non prem acc game if u were wondering)

shot-17_10.09_15_59.58-0584.thumb.jpg.bf9e811bf96a15957c56dd6f630fa4c8.jpg

Edited by xKSNx

Sign in to follow this